36%
package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Michael Kors Island is the absolute best oceanic scent ever It smells just like an island or a beach would. You know when your at the beach and that salty smell is in the air, its in Island. It is very strong and lasts and lasts and projects well too. Island has all the smells of a beach. The sand, salty air, crashing waves, and even driftwood. One of the basenotes of Island is Galapagos driftwood. After it had been on me for a while I caught whiffs of some kind of strange, salty, woody scent. And then it hit me. It was the Galapagos driftwood I was detecting. It's kind of a masculine scent too I think. The bottle is a soothing shade of sea-foam green with blue water that swishes around nicely.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Other

EyesHazel

7 years ago

This fragrance is very peculiar. It's very wood-like. It smells almost exactly like a hoodia pop. Hoodia is a plant that is used as an appetite suppressant, and it's pollinated by flies. No joke, Google if you don't believe me. Anyway, these hoodia plants are made into suckers for adults who want to lose weight. Well, this island fragrance smells just like those pops.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairRed

8 years ago

THIS AGES TERRIBLY. used to smell really really good, after like a year smells like cheap, musty bath and body works body splash.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

10 years ago

The reason I bought this was because of the name. I'm always looking for a nice summer/beachy fragrance. I guess it was foolish on my part to buy a perfume that Ive never smelled before, but I was really expecting something better. It smells nothing like an island to me. It's very musky and floral, two things I dislike in a perfume. It also is very strong so it gives me a headache. The bottle is very cute, but that's about it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

This is one of the few aquatic and white floral scents I really like. It is refreshing, watery, beachy and slightly floral all at the same time. It is the original and best of the Kors island scents. UPDATE: As this ages the scent changes and becomes musty.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinOily

EyesGreen

2.0
from

10 years ago

I love the bottle so much that I can't seem to throw this fragrance away, although I'm not too keen on the scent. Very white flower. I like softer, sweeter, more vanilla based scents, and this is so floral. Plus, it's quite strong. Sometimes I'll wear it if I want to smell like an Hawaiian garden, but most of the time, it just decorates my bathroom.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

This is a fairly simple and clean, breezy fresh air aquatic scent in fantastic packaging.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I absolutely love this fragrance. I have been wearing it since it came out and it has a light, airy, clean fragrance. I get a TON of compliments whenever I wear it. It is getting harder and harder to find how with the additions of the other island versions,

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination

11 years ago

I bought this as a clean fresh fragrance to wear as my signature and I love it to death. The notes last throughout the day and even after a shower it still lingers. It's quite pricey at $138 for 50ml (if you're stuck and can't find it at a reputable fragrance warehouse) but well worth it if you're searching for that fresh smell. I was lucky enough to go to the Estee Lauder head office sale and managed to buy 100ml for $114 so I'll be stocked for a very long time!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

11 years ago

Wow Im really surprised at the negative reviews for this product, but then everyones olfactory senses are so different. I tried this at Sephora, saw it in a 30 dollar set (1.7 oz EDT with a very cute MK blue clutch) and had to have it. I usually wear Pucci Vivara which is a very fresh, green but floral scent all the same. I love this this scent for its jasmine and floral drydown: and its freshness all the same. It is very sweet: but I like that since I had been in the Pucci rut before so its just nice to have something different. I really love the packaging and the initial freshness. Although I do wish the freshness would stay a bit I just love the floral drydown (it is a little bit too sweet though). All in all, I think this was dirt cheap and worth a change: I will definitely be wearing it since I think it smells young, fresh and sophisticated at once. But I do think that its not unique enough that I would repurchase: and Pucci is probably closer to becoming my signature scent. I just think this isnt something that is classic or signature, although it is fun and fresh and a great change.

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinOily