Alba Botanica Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, organic sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tromethamine stearate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monolaurate, extracts of centella asiatica (gotu kola), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and jasminum officinale, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic oils of sweet almond, borago officinalis (borage) and jojoba, allantoin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), macadamia ternifolia oil and aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, awapuhi and carica papaya extracts, dimethicone, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.5/23/09

This smelled so good that it helped me sleep! It worked well for hydrating my parched skin, but I would break out along my chin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't really have high hopes for it, but I like it a lot. It provides moisture after you wash it off, but it does make my skin really, really oily while it is on my face. So if you are a gal with oily skin this won't be good to use if you're planning to go out before washing it off or put it under makeup. Despite this, I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and I have not been breaking out because of it! I love that you get 3 oz of product instead of the usual 1.7 oz that you often see. No difference in my under eye lines though, not that I was expecting it to reduce them. Also make sure you don't put this too close to your eyes because it can sting. I personally love that the scent smells exactly like real jasmines and is not too light! I often can't be bothered to put moisturizer, so it's great that the smell is an incentive for me to use it every night. If you're really sensitive to smell, I wouldn't recommend this product, even though the majority of the scent fades after about 30 minutes. Also I am extremely pleased that it's a vegetarian product and it's not tested on animals because I'm so tired of finding out my skin care has animal tissue in it like collagen, elastin, squalene, etc.

3 WEEKS UPDATE: I've been using this every night for 3 weeks and something amazing happened. I think my skin became used to this moisturizer because a few hours after application my face always became an oil slick, but now my face no longer becomes greasy after application. It simply looks slightly "dewy" even hours after application. And when I wash it off, my face feels and looks moisturized. So, even if you have oily skin maybe you should give this a chance! That being said I don't use this under foundation so I can't comment on that.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This smells lovely, and it looks nice and creamy - but it doesn't really moisturize. It sits on top of my skin rather than being absorbed as I put it on, a slight film is left over on the skin, and it doesn't look dewy and moisturized, but dull. Updating this to add one star - I think this probably will help moisturize your skin by just blocking water from leaving your skin. If that is what you're looking for, it could work.

This is so amazing! My skin was really dried out and flaky after using an awful BHA toner, to the point where I couldn't wear any kind of face makeup without it caking terribly. This fixed the problem immediately, leaving my skin smooth and hydrated. However, it does leave my T-zone oily-looking, so I wouldn't recommend this for combo\oily skin in the daytime. I'll definitely be keeping this around for next time my dry patches flare up.

I got this product on a really good sale, so the price was great. I used it a couple times on half of my face and my regular moisturizer on the other half (I do this the first couple times of wear to be sure of what's causing a problem if there is one). The consistency is a bit waxy and thicker than I like. Unfortunately, I ended up with a huge under-the-skin pimple and a few little bump-like zits on the side of my face that I had been wearing it. I really didn't want to waste my money but I just can't use this anymore. I gave it two stars because I think It would be a good moisturizer for someone who had dry skin and is not acne-prone. It did leave me wondering what ingredient in this caused my breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- extremely easy to smooth and blend into skin
- amazing for dry/ super dry skin

CONS:
- not for those with oily skin -it'll just make it even oilier!

I have owned both the green tea aloe and jasmine one. This is the one I am currently using. I love it so much! It gives moisture to my face without my skin looking like a reflective disco ball. I love the scent and a big plus because it's natural! Very creamy and soft

Buying natural is not a priority of mine, but I do like to try natural products. It's much better for the skin if it is natural. Alba is available in drug stores, and there are sometimes Buy One Get One Free sales, so I got this at Rite Aid. It was around 20 bucks, so quite pricey for 3 ounces. It comes in a jar that has a very natural look to it. The jar might be a concern for germ build-up, but I don't mind it. The product is amazing and a little bit goes a long way. It's extremely hydrating, so it's great for the cold winter months. I can't say I'm too fond of the smell though. It's supposed to have no added scents I'm guessing, but the smell becomes faint after being on the skin for a little while. Overall, it is an excellent product with a funky smell.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff!

Great for my extremely dry skin, I simply cannot get enough of it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i wanted to love this since it smelled AMAZING but it made my not-at-all-sensitive skin burn like crazy. its felt nice and creamy and super moist until i started rubbing it into my skin. then the pain train began. ended up giving it to my mom who LOVES it.