Clinique Color Surge Duo in Coffee Shop

Clinique Color Surge Duo in Coffee Shop

4.4

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo ingredients: talc [] zinc stearate [] octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate [] isostearyl neopentanoate [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] nylon-12 [] aluminum myristate [] potassium palmitate [] tin oxide [] alumina [] silica [] tetrasodium edta [] potassium sorbate [] chlorphenesin [] [ /- mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) [] ultramarines (ci 77007) [] manganese violet (ci 77742) [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) [] carmine (ci 75470)]

THERE IS NO ONE SADDER THAN ME THAT THIS IS DISCONTINUED.

on 12/18/2011 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am in love with this eye shadow duo from clinique! I have a few thing from clinique, but I have to say this is one of my favorites. Stays on nicely, pigmented, and for any skin types! Love!

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When i bought this is was just a meh colour buti rexcently dug it out and used the lighter shade as acontour when i have paired down eyes and it is really gorgeous.

Im not a bigfan of clinique generally especiallythe paint stripper skincare line but i do think their eyeshadowsdo have a nicetexture, have a good finish and blendability and are quite good value for money.

The double ended brush where one side is foam and the other is a brush is quite decentfor on the go and generally brushes that are included are quite crap.

The dark brown colour is nice too and can be used for contouring or creating a smoky eye.

on 5/30/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent quality eyeshadow, a perfect shade for daytime wear during the winter. I actually prefer the consistency and application of these Clinique duos to that of the shadows in the Urban Decay Naked palette. With Coffee Shop and other Clinique shadows I have tried I can just lightly stroke the shadow and gently swipe it on my lid with great color payoff. As all shadows do for me though, these crease so i wear a primer below them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are HG browns for me. Coffee Shop contains a darker rich chocolaty brown paired with a lighter bronze brown with shimmer. They go together perfectly! For a natural look, I line my top lash line with the dark brown and then blend the lighter shade allover. Makes my green eyes pop, but isn't to drastic! If I add a little more, it makes a great smoky eye as well. I will always repurchase this when I run out. One of my faves :)

I got this duo as a GWP. I used to be a Clinique enthusiast, I had so much from them. Coffee Shop includes a nude-tan color for the lid and then a deep, shimmery brown for liner, crease, pretty much anything. The dark brown's pigmentation is rich while the lid's is a bit lesser quality. I think this a great investment for a beginner in makeup. They're good neutrals, but definitely can be amped up for a night out. I personally wouldn't purchase again for myself, but for a gift I definitely would. It's great for people just starting out or fans of Clinique.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The colors in this duo are great for everyday wear!
The lighter shade is a gorgeous all over lid color and the darker one would be great as a liner. I would definitely repurchase. The only problem is that they aren't very pigmented, but If you use it over UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance then it's very pigmented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It lasts all day, but the colour does not suit me.

I received this as a present, and I love it!! The colours go on so smoothly (especially under UDPP) and are highly pigmented, plus I have found no creasing, AND they last for ages. As I have fairly fair skin I don't like gold/bronze colours that are too glittery, soI wear the taupe/bronze colour on its own as it shows up with a lovely shimmer that's not too over the top for the daytime.However, you can also build your coverage of this without it looking cakey for a more dramatic look. Both colours together work really well for a smokey eye too. My only gripe would be that the eyeshadow pans are not equally sized, so I ended up using up the darker shader much more quickly (but that might have been because it was so great, I kept using it for most smokey looks I did, as well as applying it wet as a liner....I got a bit over enthusiastic, what can I say...). The packaging is definitely sturdy compared to other brands, plus it has a decent mirror inside which is handy for travel. I got this over a year ago and there's still loads of the light colour left, so I don't think I need to repurchase yet, but I definitely will.

on 10/10/2008 3:54:00 PM

I got this in a swap, and I would definitely purchase it when I use it up. These colors are much more interesting than your usual neutrals. The lighter shade is a fairly deep taupe with shimmer. (Think MAC Naked Lunch that's browner rather than pinker.) The dark shade is a rich, deep chocolate with shimmer. This is a great way to do a smokey eye for daytime.