Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder - Natural

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder - Natural

on 12/25/2017 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love Bobbi Brown lipsticks but typically find her powder products (especially eyeshadows) to be problematic. That said, this is an actual red based bronzer. Do you burntan? As in, you think your skin looks more tanned, but then you compare your arm to your friend's and you realize you are just a deeper shade of pink? Well this bronzer is for you. That sounds like a negative description but it isn't... I think this is a great bronzer for cool light skin tones because it doesn't pull orange at all, and mimics what happens to most of us in the sun (burntan). It's definitely a unique color.

on 11/20/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first high end bronzer which I've had and used daily for almost three years now. I swear this bronzer is never ending, it took me a solid year and a half of swirling a big fluffy brush to hit pan. Even today, I only see a nickel sized pan, and still have so much product left.

I was introduced to this by a Sephora SA when she was matching me to a foundation and she dusted some bronzer (so I didn't look one dimensional), she said the slight red tone will play well with my yellow NC 25 (winter) -35 (summer) colouring. This is a very aptly named bronzer, Natural sets enough definition on my face simultaneously warming it up. I often even use this in my crease and lower lash line with mascara for a everyday work look. I find the wear time to be decent, after 8 hours it starts to fade evenly.

One star off packaging that didn't last as long as the product itself, after 2 years, the lid just snapped off and the button that keeps the lid closed got jammed. So this a stay-at-home bronzer now.

PROS:
Defining yet warm colour that works well on light medium warm skin
Lasts forever

CONS:
Crap packaging

Mine is from Sephora for $54 CAD.

on 12/27/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I needed a bronzer as I have fair skin which looks completely devoid of colour the moment I put on a foundation. Because I am cool toned, I have been very nervous about bronzer as they usually pull orange on me and so have resisted for many years to even go there. I had a problem though - contour doesn't do the trick as my face is fairly contoured already, and blush on it's own makes me look like a porcelain doll if I don't put some natural colour back into my face.

I took the plunge and bought the Bobbi Brown bronzer in natural, and boy! Does it deliver! It has a finely milled texture and is buildable. It does not have even a hint of orange and because I'm only using it to add colour instead of looking bronzed, a little goes a long way. I'll be surprised if I ever hit pan on this one. I'm very pleased with the product and would re-purchase.

on 7/10/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

On my NC30 skin tone, this is a beautiful, red-based bronzer that imitates the effect (at least for me) of being in the sun for a significant period of time. This has a true matte finish and lasts all day on my combination skin in a tropical climate. 100% recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This may be the last bronzer I ever buy. I found this because of Makeup Geek and a nice lady at Nordstrom. I was looking at guarlain bronzers at Nordstrom and the MA told me I should go for red based bronzers. I'd never thought of that, but as a natural red head, orange bronzers are a one way ticket to ompaloompa land. So I was on a hunt for red toned bronzers. It's why I tried MAC sun dipped. And now this one which I found via Makeup Geek.
It comes in solid, sleek black packaging. You get a lot of product. It is a smooth, blendable, buildable matte bronzer. It's slightly red toned, very neutral. I think natural is a perfect name for it. I tried golden light but it was too orange. Red heads, seriously try it. It is quite pigmented and a little dark for me. I do recommend a very light hand.

Edit: 4/10/18 I still like this bronzer but it's been dethroned both as a contour and a bronzer. I currently prefer L'Oreal true match bronze it bronzer in light.

on 11/17/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff rocks - I got sucked into endlessly researching swatches for different shades of Bobbi's bronzing powder, but when I was at duty-free in the airport only two shades, Natural and Medium were available, and the SA put natural on me, and ultimately I think that was best for my skin tone. I am naturally the whitest of white, my face doesn't tan, it burns/freckles and turns every shade of pink. I like that this color is warm, not too orange but has mostly pink undertones. It mimics the natural slight burn/tan I would get as if I had actually been out in the sun. I was given this as a gift, but although it is pricey I think it's worth it. It's matte so it looks natural, but I prefer to put this on my temples/forehead/tops of cheeks with my Real Techniques brush/ELF angled contouring brush so it doesn't look as patchy (on my skin, as opposed to a fluffy brush). I normally self-tan my face and use NC25 in foundation and this looks excellent. Packaging is sturdy and looks simply elegant.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer, although I seem to be a bit darker than most using the shade "natural". I was advised this by the sales rep at Bobbi Brown, but I am sort of a NC45 normally. Anyway, I like that it gives me a warm glow and that I don't have to be too careful with this when putting it on. I'm usually a bit scared of bronzers, but for me this is a nice powder and because there is absolutely no shimmer in this I can just swipe it all over. Great. The packaging is sturdy and has a nice mirror, like many BB products.

on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder the color is just the right bronze not orange at all.. i bought it two times and not even considering changing it.. the only problem is the packaging.. each of the two i owned after several months the cap does not close properly.. i dont know maybe i am clumsy

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

this is a lovely bronzer. It has red tones rather than orange tones, making me believe it would be better suited for cool toned people. However, at NW13, I cannot wear this as its soo pigmented and heavy. I must wait until summer when I am nw20. but I must say, this is a huge value. Product lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A BB s/a tried this on me and I went later to get it, but tried the Too Faced Choc Soliel and there was no comparision, the BB side pulled a lot of orange, and the Too Faced side did not. There was a bit too much sparkle in BB as I want matte anyway. However, I do not use this as a blush, I use it for definition (the Too Faced) on my face. For that use, this BB bronzer looks terible.