Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Natural

No Image

on 12/27/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I needed a bronzer as I have fair skin which looks completely devoid of colour the moment I put on a foundation. Because I am cool toned, I have been very nervous about bronzer as they usually pull orange on me and so have resisted for many years to even go there. I had a problem though - contour doesn't do the trick as my face is fairly contoured already, and blush on it's own makes me look like a porcelain doll if I don't put some natural colour back into my face.

I took the plunge and bought the Bobbi Brown bronzer in natural, and boy! Does it deliver! It has a finely milled texture and is buildable. It does not have even a hint of orange and because I'm only using it to add colour instead of looking bronzed, a little goes a long way. I'll be surprised if I ever hit pan on this one. I'm very pleased with the product and would re-purchase.

on 7/10/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

On my NC30 skin tone, this is a beautiful, red-based bronzer that imitates the effect (at least for me) of being in the sun for a significant period of time. This has a true matte finish and lasts all day on my combination skin in a tropical climate. 100% recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This may be the last bronzer I ever buy. I found this because of Makeup Geek and a nice lady at Nordstrom. I was looking at guarlain bronzers at Nordstrom and the MA told me I should go for red based bronzers. I'd never thought of that, but as a natural red head, orange bronzers are a one way ticket to ompaloompa land. So I was on a hunt for red toned bronzers. It's why I tried MAC sun dipped. And now this one which I found via Makeup Geek.
It comes in solid, sleek black packaging. You get a lot of product. It is a smooth, blendable, buildable matte bronzer. It's slightly red toned, very neutral. I think natural is a perfect name for it. I tried golden light but it was too orange. Red heads, seriously try it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer, although I seem to be a bit darker than most using the shade "natural". I was advised this by the sales rep at Bobbi Brown, but I am sort of a NC45 normally. Anyway, I like that it gives me a warm glow and that I don't have to be too careful with this when putting it on. I'm usually a bit scared of bronzers, but for me this is a nice powder and because there is absolutely no shimmer in this I can just swipe it all over. Great. The packaging is sturdy and has a nice mirror, like many BB products.

on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder the color is just the right bronze not orange at all.. i bought it two times and not even considering changing it.. the only problem is the packaging.. each of the two i owned after several months the cap does not close properly.. i dont know maybe i am clumsy

on 11/17/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff rocks - I got sucked into endlessly researching swatches for different shades of Bobbi's bronzing powder, but when I was at duty-free in the airport only two shades, Natural and Medium were available, and the SA put natural on me, and ultimately I think that was best for my skin tone. I am naturally the whitest of white, my face doesn't tan, it burns/freckles and turns every shade of pink. I like that this color is warm, not too orange but has mostly pink undertones. It mimics the natural slight burn/tan I would get as if I had actually been out in the sun. I was given this as a gift, but although it is pricey I think it's worth it. It's matte so it looks natural, but I prefer to put this on my temples/forehead/tops of cheeks with my Real Techniques brush/ELF angled contouring brush so it doesn't look as patchy (on my skin, as opposed to a fluffy brush). I normally self-tan my face and use NC25 in foundation and this looks excellent. Packaging is sturdy and looks simply elegant.

on 8/6/2012 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Initially I thought this bronzer would be too dark for my skintone, which is NC15 during most of the year and maybe NC20 during the summer if I'm not diligent with my sunscreen. However, this bronzer suits my skintone quite well. It's a matte light brown with no red or orange tones. This product adds just enough colour to my face to give the appearance that I'm lightly tanned. Also, this bronzer blends nicely and doesn't leave any harsh or obvious lines. This is a great bronzer for fair skin!

on 7/23/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a good contouring powder and this fits the bill! Super pleased with it. I feel like it brings out a shape from yesteryear (:)) And it's relatively user friendly. No glitter or sheen. It shadows the way a good contour powder (imo) should.

I have pretty fair skin with pink undertones. I use the Natural (middle) shade and it's spot on for my purposes. If I planned to used it on any other parts of my face (other than just contouring) I woud definitely opt for a lighter shade.

Packaging is nice. Simple but sturdy. There is a little (easy to push wiht one hand) button to unclasp the compact. A nice mirror inside is also handy.

Another nice product from Bobbi Brown.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

this is a lovely bronzer. It has red tones rather than orange tones, making me believe it would be better suited for cool toned people. However, at NW13, I cannot wear this as its soo pigmented and heavy. I must wait until summer when I am nw20. but I must say, this is a huge value. Product lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A BB s/a tried this on me and I went later to get it, but tried the Too Faced Choc Soliel and there was no comparision, the BB side pulled a lot of orange, and the Too Faced side did not. There was a bit too much sparkle in BB as I want matte anyway. However, I do not use this as a blush, I use it for definition (the Too Faced) on my face. For that use, this BB bronzer looks terible.