Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Natural

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Natural

on 7/10/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

On my NC30 skin tone, this is a beautiful, red-based bronzer that imitates the effect (at least for me) of being in the sun for a significant period of time. This has a true matte finish and lasts all day on my combination skin in a tropical climate. 100% recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This may be the last bronzer I ever buy. I found this because of Makeup Geek and a nice lady at Nordstrom. I was looking at guarlain bronzers at Nordstrom and the MA told me I should go for red based bronzers. I'd never thought of that, but as a natural red head, orange bronzers are a one way ticket to ompaloompa land. So I was on a hunt for red toned bronzers. It's why I tried MAC sun dipped. And now this one which I found via Makeup Geek.
It comes in solid, sleek black packaging. You get a lot of product. It is a smooth, blendable, buildable matte bronzer. It's slightly red toned, very neutral. I think natural is a perfect name for it. I tried golden light but it was too orange. Red heads, seriously try it.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff rocks - I got sucked into endlessly researching swatches for different shades of Bobbi's bronzing powder, but when I was at duty-free in the airport only two shades, Natural and Medium were available, and the SA put natural on me, and ultimately I think that was best for my skin tone. I am naturally the whitest of white, my face doesn't tan, it burns/freckles and turns every shade of pink. I like that this color is warm, not too orange but has mostly pink undertones. It mimics the natural slight burn/tan I would get as if I had actually been out in the sun. I was given this as a gift, but although it is pricey I think it's worth it. It's matte so it looks natural, but I prefer to put this on my temples/forehead/tops of cheeks with my Real Techniques brush/ELF angled contouring brush so it doesn't look as patchy (on my skin, as opposed to a fluffy brush). I normally self-tan my face and use NC25 in foundation and this looks excellent. Packaging is sturdy and looks simply elegant.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer, although I seem to be a bit darker than most using the shade "natural". I was advised this by the sales rep at Bobbi Brown, but I am sort of a NC45 normally. Anyway, I like that it gives me a warm glow and that I don't have to be too careful with this when putting it on. I'm usually a bit scared of bronzers, but for me this is a nice powder and because there is absolutely no shimmer in this I can just swipe it all over. Great. The packaging is sturdy and has a nice mirror, like many BB products.

on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder the color is just the right bronze not orange at all.. i bought it two times and not even considering changing it.. the only problem is the packaging.. each of the two i owned after several months the cap does not close properly.. i dont know maybe i am clumsy

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

this is a lovely bronzer. It has red tones rather than orange tones, making me believe it would be better suited for cool toned people. However, at NW13, I cannot wear this as its soo pigmented and heavy. I must wait until summer when I am nw20. but I must say, this is a huge value. Product lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A BB s/a tried this on me and I went later to get it, but tried the Too Faced Choc Soliel and there was no comparision, the BB side pulled a lot of orange, and the Too Faced side did not. There was a bit too much sparkle in BB as I want matte anyway. However, I do not use this as a blush, I use it for definition (the Too Faced) on my face. For that use, this BB bronzer looks terible.

on 8/6/2012 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Initially I thought this bronzer would be too dark for my skintone, which is NC15 during most of the year and maybe NC20 during the summer if I'm not diligent with my sunscreen. However, this bronzer suits my skintone quite well. It's a matte light brown with no red or orange tones. This product adds just enough colour to my face to give the appearance that I'm lightly tanned. Also, this bronzer blends nicely and doesn't leave any harsh or obvious lines. This is a great bronzer for fair skin!

on 7/23/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a good contouring powder and this fits the bill! Super pleased with it. I feel like it brings out a shape from yesteryear (:)) And it's relatively user friendly. No glitter or sheen. It shadows the way a good contour powder (imo) should.

I have pretty fair skin with pink undertones. I use the Natural (middle) shade and it's spot on for my purposes. If I planned to used it on any other parts of my face (other than just contouring) I woud definitely opt for a lighter shade.

Packaging is nice. Simple but sturdy. There is a little (easy to push wiht one hand) button to unclasp the compact. A nice mirror inside is also handy.

Another nice product from Bobbi Brown.

on 1/21/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The most amazing contour colour I've ever come across. It's not orange (very natural as the name suggests), has a cool tone for the winter but can also be used in the summer with a shimmery bronzer for a warm glowing look. I'm running out so I decided to go for Mac Harmony blusher (contour colour) today, got home and tried them side by side but found out that this Bobbi Brown one has a cooler tone and a better colour consistency so I gave the Mac to my friend and going to get the BB Natural again soon!!

I just read some reviews that this is really muddy and I agree only when I didn't know how to apply it correctly. I found it's much better when I pick up the powder with the contour brush then swirl it on the back of my hand because you need the tiniest amount, then apply the leftover product on the brush to the face so that it's very very sheer. Then keep repeating the process.