Derma E Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Derma E Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Enter TitleHydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.6

Water Purified, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Calcium Ascorbate (Ester C), Allantoin, Panthenol, Alanine, Leucine, Tyrosine, Dimethicone, Glycine, Valine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ceteareth 20, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Fragrance, Copolyol (Aristoflex)

on 3/12/2017 3:39:00 AM

I love Derma e products, unfortunately, I had to stop using this because it was causing irritation pimples. Most of the ingredients seem wholesome, maybe it was the addition of fragrance that caused the problem?

on 11/15/2016 12:18:00 PM

I've repurchased this serum several times over, so I'm really shocked at all the negative reviews. It gives me added hydration during the cold winter months when my combo skin dries out significantly. i've never had any irritation or reaction to it either. It's the only HA serum I've consistently returned to, even after trying others.

on 11/12/2016 6:16:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin but need a moisturizer that doesn't break me out in the winter when it gets drier. This serum feels like a thin liquid lotion moisturizer, not watery or oily, absorbs well, and has good ingredients per Paula B. I do detect a floral scent, but it dissipates. The pump bottle is very easy to use, better than tubes.

on 3/15/2016 5:42:00 AM

Nothing special about this.. better than creme, but not hydrating enough...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I keep hearing how Hyaluronic Acid is supposed to be really great.
I have tried several brands now and have not noticed anything wonderful about the ingredient at all.
This was no exception.
No results.

on 1/30/2014 1:52:00 PM

I found out about hyaluronic acid a few years ago and found that it's the best moisturizer for me, softens fine lines and minimizes the pores. I mostly use the Japanese brands like Hada Lobo. I found Derma E and gave it a try because in general I have more confidence in US made products. Alas, it did not hydrate at all. It made my skin drying even. Will not buy it again.

PROS: This feels wonderfully nourishing going on. Remember this is not a moisturizer. If you want a moisturizer on top of this, you still need to use a separate moisturizer. The price is right, especially if you get it somewhere like Vitacost. Paraben free. It has a smell that is from the Plumeria blossom. When I saw that in the reviews, I thought I would hate the product. The scent is somehow quite tolerable (and perhaps even enjoyable). That really surprised me because I normally hate floral scents, even in perfume. But it's mild and soft and fades very fast. Sort of plumps my skin up (as much as a product can) and helps with wrinkles. But I also use other moisturizer. I like to use this when I already get enough moisture from my spf lotion in the morning. But it would be great for someone who doesn't want a heavy cream but still wants to control flakes/dryness. Natural ingredients. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

CONS: As someone mentioned, it probably should not be in a clear container if it contains Vitamin C, which it does. But I don't keep my bottle near the sunlight, anyway. I think the cones in this might be clogging me.

ALTERNATES: I like the night cream version of this.

PURCHASING TIPS: I can get this cheaper through places like Vitacost.com

on 8/30/2012 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my hg moisturizer. I use this morning and night. My skin is generally oily with a few drier patches and this adds the perfect amount of moisture and really softens. The texture is more of a light lotion but I love how easily this glides over your skin and really sinks in. There's a slight fragrance, almost floral, but it's very faint and fades within minutes. This is the best moisturizer I've found for oily/combo skin that actually makes any difference in the appearance and feel of my skin.

This is a perfect hydrating lotion for my combo skin. I use this about 3 times a week at night and it has been wonderful. It really absorbs, leaves my skin moisturized and it smells so good! Love the pump better than the jars that are used for their other products though.

on 4/5/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This was OK. I prefer serums that are more liquid than lotion and unfortunately this was more of a lotion which meant that it didn't completely absorb and sat on the surface of my skin a little, which I felt interfered with the products used after the serum. It was also slightly sticky although not enough to be a real issue. Overall, it sunk in and moisturised well enough, but my skin didn't feel as plumped up as I expected it to be after having read so much about hyaluronic acid's benefits. Unfortunately, after finishing the bottle, I didn't see or feel any lasting effect on my skin. Good value for money though.

PS I'm assuming this product is different to the existing reviews for Derma E's Hyaluronic Firming Acid Serum as the ingredients list is different.

Ingredients: Water (aqua), Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Calcium Ascorbate (Ester-C), Allantoin, Panthenol, Alanine, Leucine, Tyrosine, Dimethicone, Glycine, Valine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer (Aristoflex), Ceteareth 20, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Natural and Fragrant Oils.