Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

After receiving this mascara as a gift, I have been using it daily since. My lashes are naturally black and curled, so I use mascara to gain length and volume. This mascara delivers on both! It makes my lashes long, voluminous and leaves the curl enhanced. I don't get clumpy lashes, but the formula is quite thick compared to other mascaras I have used, so I apply with a lighter hand to avoid clumps. A little mascara goes a long way, I do not need to put more product on my brush after removing it from the tube - the amount on the brush is enough for both eyes. This mascara dries quickly when on the lashes and does not flake, smear or smudge throughout the day - even in the hot Australian summer! I like it a lot, but in saying that, there are other options from the drugstore which provide just as lovely of a result. This mascara is a lovely high end treat and I do enjoy using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my HG mascara for ten years. I have strayed from time to time due to the cost, but always come back as nothing compares. Provides wonderful length and volume to my lashes and plumps them out so much that I don't need to wear false lashes ever. I know some have issues with clunking, but I think this may be due to application (YSL indicate one "pump" sufficient for both eyes) as I have never had any issues and always find it a lovely naturally full finish.

on 4/1/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is just a below par mascara for me. The effect is skinny tinted lashes not anywhere near the promised false lash effect they boast about in the title.

I love this mascara mainly for the colored options they carry. Once in a while playing with color can be fun. The formula is wonderful. It definitely plumps and lengthens lashes. I would recommend curling them beforehand because this product does not curl lashes like some other mascaras. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this mascara with my Sephora points and when I first opened it, the smell of perfume was so strong that I literally couldn't stand it. I still decided to put this on my lashes to test it out. Worst decision ever. It completely irritated my eyes and my eyes were red and watery and painful for the whole day. Not to mention I was at work and couldn't leave until later and I just had a horrible experience with this mascara. No thank you!

on 12/30/2016 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When you first use it, the brush pulls out with far too much product on it, hence why people complain this product clumps. But after wiping off excess, this mascara works wonders. My lashes are separated, volumised and look naturally long. I have tried so many mascaras out there and this is my 'go to' and on top of this, the packaging is to die for!

This review is for the "formule perfectionnée", or the new formula that claims it "will never dry out".

For the first three weeks it was the best mascara I'd ever used. But after those three wonderful weeks, the mascara became so thick and gunky that it was impossible to apply!

I'm very disappointed because I really hoped that the formula had been improved. It's such a shame because if it had lasted for the average/normal lifespan of a mascara, I would be repurchasing this product every time! But unfortunately I will never purchase it again.

And for the price I paid, three weeks is exceedingly unacceptable.

My mascara search continues...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i can't believe i haven't written a review for this mascara! when my HG mascara was discontinued, i was frantically searching for a new one. i have naturally straight eyelashes so it's really important for me to find a good formula. i use this mascara in waterproof and i have never looked back. it's pricey for sure, but worth every penny! not only does it flawlessly hold my eyelashes' curl, but it even lifts them and makes them look longer. when i first began wearing this mascara, i was asked multiple times if i had gotten eyelash extensions.

the formula is pretty wet as others have said, but i find it works fine. i think it separates my lashes pretty well but should they ever stick, i just use an eyelash brush to comb through; no big deal. i love that it smells floral- i'm a weirdo that likes to smell her mascara. i would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone who's willing to try it, and i have repurchased my second tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had previously used YSL Faux cils mascara and I had really loved it. The product made my lashes super long and thick however the one bad point was that it tended to flake with pieces getting into my eye. This time, I thought it would be better but somehow it was similar but this time with smudging. I wanted to say that this would be a HG for me like a lot of others have said that it was for them but this definitely isn't the case.
For how expensive it is, I don't think it is worth the trouble plus the eyelash lengthening capabilities wasn't the same as before however it is a deep pure black.

on 6/12/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Waterproof version (baught Nov. 2016): superb! Creates megalashes without being over the top, gives curl, easy to layer more coats, no smudging at all.

Update April 2017: they have changed the formula, but not for the better. I first thought I had purchased a bad batch. But the second time, I aced the same issue and I realized it is because of the changed formula. This does not do anything anymore: no volume, hardly length, no curl... and the mascara almost looks like a paste (do not like to put this anywhere on the eye area). Such a shame. Unless they move back to the old formula, will not repurchase.

Popular Mascaras