Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 6/12/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very wet - lashes stick together as from the first stroke. Awful.

on 6/10/2016 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Because mascara is so YMMV and personal like perfume, before I tell you about this mascara, I'll tell you what I personally look for in a mascara.

I have thin, yet decent lashes, they aren't great, they aren't bad. I like my mascara to be:
-Very volumizing
-No toleration for flakes or smudging
-Lasts all day
-Soft feeling
-*Especially easy to remove (I won't touch WP mascara)
-Control over the brush so I can manipulate my lashes
-Middle of the road when it comes to the wetness. I don't like it to be wet and inky, but I don't like dry formulas either.

I like to curl my lashes by holding them up with my fingers while the mascara dries. So, I like a formula that is thick enough to build up and manipulate my lashes, yet dries within 30 seconds after application is finished.

I don't care so much about clumpiness (within reason), curling my lashes with a curler or delivering length, if I didn't mention it, those factors aren't important to me.

So after I've covered what I want in a mascara, this review will wrap up quick: This mascara is EXCELLENT. It fully delivers everything I look for in a mascara and then some. It looks beautiful on and it gives me fantastic volume. That's that.

I said I will repurchase, but I have a few other mascaras on my list to try. I bought 3 different luxury mascaras from Nordstrom during the Mascara Madness sale. I may or may not return to this, but I do love it and it's definitely a repurchase option.

To Read all 1295 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/24/2016 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Back in the days of the old formula, this used to be one of my favourite mascaras - certainly in the Top 3. The only complaint I had back then was that it smudged a bit throughout the day, which is why I moved on to try out other mascaras.

However, since the formula changed, Effet Faux Cils got worse, in my opinion. It still gives a lift and great length, BUT it dries out way too quickly! I go by the standard "3 months' life" mascara rule, but this one dried out before I even got to the end of month 2. Given the price, I expected my mascara to last longer and was sorely disappointed. On top of that, the smudging issue was still present. Definitely not buying again.

on 4/16/2016 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only mascara I've had to throw out because I broke the tube. The tube is pretty, but not good quality. The mascara itself made my lashes long, black and fairly full, which I liked. It did smudge a fair bit though, which I wasn't happy about. This mascara is not worth the price because there are lots of other, cheaper mascaras that will give you pretty lashes and smudge (if you're into that :) ).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works if lightly applied but it's nothing special in my opinion. I'll definitely use the rest of it but no repurchase. Was not worth the expensive price I paid :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best mascara in the world if I had the money to I would buy one every month! It gives loads of volume and length and it dosent flake

on 4/14/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got a sample size of this mascara and used it for about a month. I will say that application is amazing, the wand is a fantastic shape and it looks perfect upon first application. What happens later is not so fun. I am always transferring mascara to my under eye area. Half way through the day the mascara smudges and I look like a panda. Yes I do have oily lids but this occurs even when I apply powder to my under eye area and eyelid primer on my lids.

Another pet peeve is the perfume in the mascara, why on earth does mascara need to be fragranced? Needless to say I wont be purchasing a full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Even though it's a really expensive mascara, I feel that it's woth every penny. I don't like gold in general, but this one doesn't look bling-bling in a mid 2000's rap video kind of way. It feels luxurious and well built. The mascara it's also really amazing, knows how to hold a curl and it's pigmented. I love it.

on 4/2/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fantastic brush, holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge, creates beautiful volume but it's just too expensive so I will not repurchase.

on 3/7/2016 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this product, this is one of the mascaras i've always seems to come back to no matter how many other macros i've tried. Yes, it is a pricy macros but oh my the outcome is priceless. I would like to point out that, it makes my lashes longer but not as thick as i want them to, so i usually apply another mascara for more volume, but that the only downside.

It doesn't lumps, it smells good, it applies evenly trough your lashes and the most important thing it keeps your lashes on place and dosen not flake.

And i really like the packaging, so fancy.