Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

This review is for the "formule perfectionnée", or the new formula that claims it "will never dry out".

For the first three weeks it was the best mascara I'd ever used. But after those three wonderful weeks, the mascara became so thick and gunky that it was impossible to apply!

I'm very disappointed because I really hoped that the formula had been improved. It's such a shame because if it had lasted for the average/normal lifespan of a mascara, I would be repurchasing this product every time! But unfortunately I will never purchase it again.

And for the price I paid, three weeks is exceedingly unacceptable.

My mascara search continues...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i can't believe i haven't written a review for this mascara! when my HG mascara was discontinued, i was frantically searching for a new one. i have naturally straight eyelashes so it's really important for me to find a good formula. i use this mascara in waterproof and i have never looked back. it's pricey for sure, but worth every penny! not only does it flawlessly hold my eyelashes' curl, but it even lifts them and makes them look longer. when i first began wearing this mascara, i was asked multiple times if i had gotten eyelash extensions.

the formula is pretty wet as others have said, but i find it works fine. i think it separates my lashes pretty well but should they ever stick, i just use an eyelash brush to comb through; no big deal. i love that it smells floral- i'm a weirdo that likes to smell her mascara. i would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone who's willing to try it, and i have repurchased my second tube.

To Read all 1298 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had previously used YSL Faux cils mascara and I had really loved it. The product made my lashes super long and thick however the one bad point was that it tended to flake with pieces getting into my eye. This time, I thought it would be better but somehow it was similar but this time with smudging. I wanted to say that this would be a HG for me like a lot of others have said that it was for them but this definitely isn't the case.
For how expensive it is, I don't think it is worth the trouble plus the eyelash lengthening capabilities wasn't the same as before however it is a deep pure black.

on 6/12/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very wet - lashes stick together as from the first stroke. Awful.

on 6/10/2016 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Because mascara is so YMMV and personal like perfume, before I tell you about this mascara, I'll tell you what I personally look for in a mascara.

I have thin, yet decent lashes, they aren't great, they aren't bad. I like my mascara to be:
-Very volumizing
-No toleration for flakes or smudging
-Lasts all day
-Soft feeling
-*Especially easy to remove (I won't touch WP mascara)
-Control over the brush so I can manipulate my lashes
-Middle of the road when it comes to the wetness. I don't like it to be wet and inky, but I don't like dry formulas either.

I like to curl my lashes by holding them up with my fingers while the mascara dries. So, I like a formula that is thick enough to build up and manipulate my lashes, yet dries within 30 seconds after application is finished.

I don't care so much about clumpiness (within reason), curling my lashes with a curler or delivering length, if I didn't mention it, those factors aren't important to me.

So after I've covered what I want in a mascara, this review will wrap up quick: This mascara is EXCELLENT. It fully delivers everything I look for in a mascara and then some. It looks beautiful on and it gives me fantastic volume. That's that.

I said I will repurchase, but I have a few other mascaras on my list to try. I bought 3 different luxury mascaras from Nordstrom during the Mascara Madness sale. I may or may not return to this, but I do love it and it's definitely a repurchase option.

on 4/24/2016 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Back in the days of the old formula, this used to be one of my favourite mascaras - certainly in the Top 3. The only complaint I had back then was that it smudged a bit throughout the day, which is why I moved on to try out other mascaras.

However, since the formula changed, Effet Faux Cils got worse, in my opinion. It still gives a lift and great length, BUT it dries out way too quickly! I go by the standard "3 months' life" mascara rule, but this one dried out before I even got to the end of month 2. Given the price, I expected my mascara to last longer and was sorely disappointed. On top of that, the smudging issue was still present. Definitely not buying again.

on 4/16/2016 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only mascara I've had to throw out because I broke the tube. The tube is pretty, but not good quality. The mascara itself made my lashes long, black and fairly full, which I liked. It did smudge a fair bit though, which I wasn't happy about. This mascara is not worth the price because there are lots of other, cheaper mascaras that will give you pretty lashes and smudge (if you're into that :) ).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works if lightly applied but it's nothing special in my opinion. I'll definitely use the rest of it but no repurchase. Was not worth the expensive price I paid :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best mascara in the world if I had the money to I would buy one every month! It gives loads of volume and length and it dosent flake

on 4/14/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got a sample size of this mascara and used it for about a month. I will say that application is amazing, the wand is a fantastic shape and it looks perfect upon first application. What happens later is not so fun. I am always transferring mascara to my under eye area. Half way through the day the mascara smudges and I look like a panda. Yes I do have oily lids but this occurs even when I apply powder to my under eye area and eyelid primer on my lids.

Another pet peeve is the perfume in the mascara, why on earth does mascara need to be fragranced? Needless to say I wont be purchasing a full size.