Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice effect, but doesn't last

My lashes are short and fairly straight, so what I look most for in a mascara is length and the ability to hold a curl. This mascara delivers a nice effect upon application, but unfortunately, the effect doesn't last long and the mascara 'disappears' troughout the day. The formula does allow reapplication troughout the day, but at this price point, I'm looking for better performance. It comes of easily and contradictory to it's name, I'd say that this mascara is better suited to someone who prefers a natural lash look, or who already has long and curly lashes. It must also be mentioned that this mascara is heavily fragranced, which might not be everyone's cup of tea.

on 9/20/2018 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best mascara I've bought. It amplifies lashes without clumps, and stats on all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After not purchasing this for years because of the price point, I've finally started using it again. Heaven knows I've tried LOTS of other mascaras, and there are some I like, but this is hands down my favorite. It applies easily without clumping and makes my lashes long and thick. My lashes stay soft as well. I've never been able to find one I like as much as this. It's expensive, but it's the best!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is for the waterproof version, I haven't tested the regular one for comparison. This was not very reliable, some days it would coat every single one of my lashes no problem and they would look long and gorgeous. Other days it would clump like crazy and I would have 5 thick spider lashes. Every time I put on more than one coat, it would also clump. I never had any smudges but it was extremely difficult to remove, I often had to double cleanse with Pond's Cold Cream and follow with waterproof micellar water. I will not repurchase because I have found many drugstore mascaras I like more, and it only lasted a month before drying out.

on 5/20/2018 1:41:00 AM

Received a free sample of this mascara, brush applies well.

This is the worst YSL mascara I tried, smudges like crazy, and I only wore a very light coat of this stuff.

It smudges in record time, wore a very light coat of this, was told by my friend that I have got mascara smudges only 1 hour into our 2 hour engagement. Got home, found myself with really bad panda eyes, considering I only applied a very light coat only to the tips of my top lashes and a little to the bottom lashes.

I looked as if I got drunk and left my mascara on from the night before!!!

Thank goodness it's just a sample, chucking this out right after I finish typing up this review.

Old faithful, I guess.
I have tried soooo many mascaras trying to find perfection, like you, I suppose. I always go back to this one because it is the closest to perfect I've found yet...why I like it: gorgeous colors, the number 5 is stunning on green eyes. It lengthens and thickens and I control this with the applications. So I can do natural or glamorous with one product. It does not clump as I apply more ( unless tube is getting old) to the point of needing to separate lashes before I let them dry...so this is a time saver. It absolutely does not flake, again unless the product is getting old. But it does smudge. Not always, depending on your skin and makeup oiliness, heat and humidity. I use Clarins sealer after and this prevents the smudges. I read another reviewer who complained of YSL possibly changing the formula...I experienced this too for a few tubes in a row over about a year...very watery and very very smudgy...so very very irritating.so I went shopping...I think she was right, I thought that too. But after going back to YSL last year, the formula seems to be good again. In my YSL rebellion I tried Tarte lights camera flashes, Mac, Dr Hauschka, Glominerals, Clinique chubby lash, LancĂ´me defincils, wonder2, Too faced better than sex and some fiber building extension mascara that I can't remember the name of, that not only coated my lashes but dusted my cheeks and filled my eyes with tiny fibers too..and probably more brands too. I went crawling back to YSL. I almost tried The Shock from ysl, but didn't as my trusted girls at Marrianaud said it's just not better than the fauxcils. Of all the ones above that I tried...natural lovers will love Dr Hauschka...it just wasn't voluminous enough for me. Hope this helps!

I wanted to wait a few weeks before I review this because I know that new tubes of mascara tend to be a bit thin when you first buy them. I find the wand in this mascara a bit too long (difficult to manoeuvre, I keep hitting my eyelid instead of my lashes) and the brush needs a wider brush barrel to give me more curls, but the mascara itself is really great. It's darkly pigmented, thick and coats your lashes right away. This mascara builds quite nicely without any clumping, I can get about 4 coats in without my lashes sticking together. I purchased this because I wanted a smudge proof/waterproof mascara, and this consistently comes up in top 10 lists for that, and I can attest that it's almost impossible to get this off at night, so it's doing a great job of staying put.

on 12/24/2017 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clumpy McClumpclumptastic :( Nice packaging and the wand is exactly what I like but WAY TOO MUCH product. I'm too low maintenance to deal with scraping product off first or wiping or whatever - particularly when there are other mascaras that are one and done for me (Chanel Le Volume WP, Chanel Inimitable Intense). I have oily skin so most mascaras fall out on me (not the Chanel ones, HG!)... this one did a decent job of staying on my lashes but it does panda-out on me around 7 hours later. Color is nice, length is great, clumpiness stinks. Nice try and likely amazing for people who don't mind taking the time to wipe / use an eyelash brush etc - just not my breezy cup of tea.

on 11/2/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am very disappointed in this once amazing mascara. I've been wearing this for 6+ years and in the past year it has gone to the dogs. It used to be extremely long wearing and now it lasts 3 hours max before you look like a panda. I can only assume that YSL have changed the formula recently. I would never have bought any other mascara. I'm not even going to finish the tube, currently searching for a replacement. Such a shame. Don't fix what's not broken!

on 10/8/2017 8:37:00 AM