Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

on 4/1/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is just a below par mascara for me. The effect is skinny tinted lashes not anywhere near the promised false lash effect they boast about in the title.

I love this mascara mainly for the colored options they carry. Once in a while playing with color can be fun. The formula is wonderful. It definitely plumps and lengthens lashes. I would recommend curling them beforehand because this product does not curl lashes like some other mascaras. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this mascara with my Sephora points and when I first opened it, the smell of perfume was so strong that I literally couldn't stand it. I still decided to put this on my lashes to test it out. Worst decision ever. It completely irritated my eyes and my eyes were red and watery and painful for the whole day. Not to mention I was at work and couldn't leave until later and I just had a horrible experience with this mascara. No thank you!

on 12/30/2016 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When you first use it, the brush pulls out with far too much product on it, hence why people complain this product clumps. But after wiping off excess, this mascara works wonders. My lashes are separated, volumised and look naturally long. I have tried so many mascaras out there and this is my 'go to' and on top of this, the packaging is to die for!

This review is for the "formule perfectionnée", or the new formula that claims it "will never dry out".

For the first three weeks it was the best mascara I'd ever used. But after those three wonderful weeks, the mascara became so thick and gunky that it was impossible to apply!

I'm very disappointed because I really hoped that the formula had been improved. It's such a shame because if it had lasted for the average/normal lifespan of a mascara, I would be repurchasing this product every time! But unfortunately I will never purchase it again.

And for the price I paid, three weeks is exceedingly unacceptable.

My mascara search continues...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i can't believe i haven't written a review for this mascara! when my HG mascara was discontinued, i was frantically searching for a new one. i have naturally straight eyelashes so it's really important for me to find a good formula. i use this mascara in waterproof and i have never looked back. it's pricey for sure, but worth every penny! not only does it flawlessly hold my eyelashes' curl, but it even lifts them and makes them look longer. when i first began wearing this mascara, i was asked multiple times if i had gotten eyelash extensions.

the formula is pretty wet as others have said, but i find it works fine. i think it separates my lashes pretty well but should they ever stick, i just use an eyelash brush to comb through; no big deal. i love that it smells floral- i'm a weirdo that likes to smell her mascara. i would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone who's willing to try it, and i have repurchased my second tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had previously used YSL Faux cils mascara and I had really loved it. The product made my lashes super long and thick however the one bad point was that it tended to flake with pieces getting into my eye. This time, I thought it would be better but somehow it was similar but this time with smudging. I wanted to say that this would be a HG for me like a lot of others have said that it was for them but this definitely isn't the case.
For how expensive it is, I don't think it is worth the trouble plus the eyelash lengthening capabilities wasn't the same as before however it is a deep pure black.

on 6/12/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Waterproof version (baught Nov. 2016): superb! Creates megalashes without being over the top, gives curl, easy to layer more coats, no smudging at all.

Update April 2017: they have changed the formula, but not for the better. I first thought I had purchased a bad batch. But the second time, I aced the same issue and I realized it is because of the changed formula. This does not do anything anymore: no volume, hardly length, no curl... and the mascara almost looks like a paste (do not like to put this anywhere on the eye area). Such a shame. Unless they move back to the old formula, will not repurchase.

on 6/10/2016 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Because mascara is so YMMV and personal like perfume, before I tell you about this mascara, I'll tell you what I personally look for in a mascara.

I have thin, yet decent lashes, they aren't great, they aren't bad. I like my mascara to be:
-Very volumizing
-No toleration for flakes or smudging
-Lasts all day
-Soft feeling
-*Especially easy to remove (I won't touch WP mascara)
-Control over the brush so I can manipulate my lashes
-Middle of the road when it comes to the wetness. I don't like it to be wet and inky, but I don't like dry formulas either.

I like to curl my lashes by holding them up with my fingers while the mascara dries. So, I like a formula that is thick enough to build up and manipulate my lashes, yet dries within 30 seconds after application is finished.

I don't care so much about clumpiness (within reason), curling my lashes with a curler or delivering length, if I didn't mention it, those factors aren't important to me.

So after I've covered what I want in a mascara, this review will wrap up quick: This mascara is EXCELLENT. It fully delivers everything I look for in a mascara and then some. It looks beautiful on and it gives me fantastic volume. That's that.

I said I will repurchase, but I have a few other mascaras on my list to try. I bought 3 different luxury mascaras from Nordstrom during the Mascara Madness sale. I may or may not return to this, but I do love it and it's definitely a repurchase option.

on 4/24/2016 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Back in the days of the old formula, this used to be one of my favourite mascaras - certainly in the Top 3. The only complaint I had back then was that it smudged a bit throughout the day, which is why I moved on to try out other mascaras.

However, since the formula changed, Effet Faux Cils got worse, in my opinion. It still gives a lift and great length, BUT it dries out way too quickly! I go by the standard "3 months' life" mascara rule, but this one dried out before I even got to the end of month 2. Given the price, I expected my mascara to last longer and was sorely disappointed. On top of that, the smudging issue was still present. Definitely not buying again.

Popular Mascaras