Tarte Hotel Heiress

Tarte Hotel Heiress

4.4

kaolin, synthetic fluorphlogopite, zinc stearate, polymethyl methacrylate, corn starch, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, trimethylsiloxysilicate, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, phenoxyethanol, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, mica. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), manganese violet (CI 77742), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861).

on 4/15/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Park Avenue Princess was recommended to me, and it is a lovely golden color but I chose Hotel Heiress because it’s a darker bronze and it’s more matte. I’ve noticed that light bronzers such as Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil just look yellowish on me. I wanted a believable deep tan that wouldn’t shift orange or have sparkles in it, and I am very pleased with the gorgeous Hotel Heiress.

Sometimes it helps to know the skintone of the reviewer. I am naturally light, roughly NC20 in MAC. In Armani Luminous Silk I fluctuate between shades 3 and 4. In summer I wear NARS Sheer Glow in Deauville. Hotel Heiress is a realistic shade of tan for me. It’s lighter than Desert Sun from Edward Bess, but it’s deeper than the bronze pan in Charlotte Tilbury’s original Bronze & Glow palette, the one for light-to-medium complexions. (Tilbury also makes a darker one.)

I like to use Wayne Goss Brush #14 to apply Hotel Heiress if I just want a sheer dusting, and for more concentrated color I switch to Brush #2 or #12. However, any good fluffy brush will suffice.

Hotel Heiress is packaged in a pretty metallic gold vinyl (faux leather) fold-over case with a magnetic closure. I generally prefer a sturdy plastic case that clicks securely shut, especially with powder bronzers that generally take me two or three years to finish. This case is attractive and more water-resistant than the cardboard Benefit and The Balm use, but it’s not quite as solid as some of the other compacts I own. I wouldn’t risk setting this down on the edge of a sink. (However, Tarte’s bronzers aren’t terribly expensive, so I don’t expect the packaging to be on par with Louboutin or even Chantecaille.)

Tarte claims that their bronzer is waterproof but I wouldn’t trust it to survive twenty laps in the pool. During a normal day at the office, yes, it holds up well on my combination skin. Wear time is comparable to powder bronzers I’ve purchased from Bobbi Brown and Charlotte Tilbury. The Edward Bess bronzer in Desert Sun seems to last a little longer, and I highly recommend it for medium, already tan, and deeper skin tones.

Hotel Heiress retails for $30 but it only cost me $24 during a sale on the Tarte site. It's definitely worth the price I paid. And in a pinch, it doubles as a medium brown eye shadow.

Hotel Heiress is a beautiful, natural-looking bronzer for light-to-medium skin tones. The very fair will probably prefer Park Avenue Princess.

on 8/3/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm an absolute Tarte junkie and this is one of my all-time favorite bronzers. It's not filled with shimmer or glitter like so many bronzers are which makes it great as a contour color. I tend to go very fair in the winter and get very dark in the summer and depending on how I apply this, it works for all seasons/skin tones. The texture of this bronzer is good - it's very blendable and buildable without being too soft and powdery.The staying power on this product is better than most that I have used in the past as well and since a little goes a LONG way, one of these should last you awhile.

I love the packaging too - very cute but the magnetic closure is strong so it's not going to open up in your bag if you're taking it along with you during the day.

on 2/27/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought I had found my HG bronzer with Sugar Tropic Tan, until they discontinued it. Bought this at Sephora and can happily say that the color works for me ,, wish the compact was larger, but at least now I don't have to keep searching!!!

on 9/30/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Lets see I've had this for about a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. This definitely might look a little dark in the pan, but once applied it's perfect. It's brown not orangey at all, but not at all muddy. It has a pretty sheen, no obnoxious sparkles. I use a large fluffy brush and vuah la sun kissed. Major plus, it comes in a cute leather compact.

on 2/13/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This bronzer is AWESOME! I am dark skinned and it can be difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look ashy. This product was great! Its smooth, and the packaging is beautiful! This is definitely something I will buy again!

on 7/23/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this around the check out line at sephora for $15. It came with an Amazonian Clay Blush too. Great value!

As far a the product itself, pretty good. It works for my skin when its lighter and when I have a tan. I like to use this with a duofibre brush on the outer parts of my face, to help my foundation and concealer match me (some days im tanner due to summer). The shimmer is minimal on the face and bronzes well- would definately reccomend!

on 10/7/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I searched high and low for this bronzer to no avail so when I received the e-mail notice from both Tarte and Sephora I instantly became ecstatic. This bronzer is by far the best in my arsenal. I love the golden glow that it gives my brown skin. I can use it in the t-zone area and sometimes as a blush, contour or all over my face for a sunkissed look. The packaging is cute too, not your typical plastic bronzer container but chic & sleek. I would definitely purchase this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i won't go into much of a color description because previous reviews have that covered and of course, whether a product works with one's skintone or not is going to be variable. what i will say is that this is one of the rare mineral products that does not irritate my skin at all. (MAC msfs & blushes, bare escentuals & many other brands' mineral products all cause me to itch). the only way i found this out is because some time ago, i got a sample of this bronzer from sephora via VIB and i gave it a try. if not for that sample, i would have stayed far, far away from this product. am very glad i got the sample since it also looked great with my skin (NC 30ish usually). in fact, if i remember correctly, within a week of running out of the sample, i went to sephora to pick up the full sized version. i use it at least once weekly and i haven't made a dent, even though i've had it for more than a year.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

this was just eh to me. dont hate but coulda passes on it. looked good @sephoras not so great @ home. like the natural ingredients.

on 8/31/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this yesterday at Ulta, because I was tired of being pale. I had Refined Golden from Mac as well but when I use it I do get breakouts, and wasnt sure if it was worth the everyday use. I used Hotel Heiress today, and found the least invasive plastic surgery tool I have ever possesed! It gave my face a new slimmer shape by using it just below the cheekbones as a contour, and a bronze glow. SO PLEASE DO NOT BREAK ME OUT! because I love this little golden box, and if only it could leave my skin unharmed, I want to use it everyday!!! Recommed, especially olive skin tones, yellow undertones, Grrrreat!