e.l.f. Foundation brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/13/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This review is not for the brush's intended use, which is for foundation. Elf should rebrand this brush to be a face mask brush instead. This is perfect for that. It spreads my mask evenly every time. Clay mask, sugar exfoliating mask, banana mask, any kind of mask would work with this brush. If you have one laying around, but it fails you with your foundation application, try using it for masks instead. I think they discontinued it, cause I don't see it anymore on the Elf's website?

on 1/25/2018 6:57:00 PM

Definitely would not use this for foundation but it's good for applying cream product (such as a MAC Paint pot) etc... Also could use it for concealer or a face mask. Can't beat the price.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Hate this brush for foundation--it's super streaky and applies too much product, you can literaly see the streaks.

HOWEVER.. It is literally $1 and is PERFECT for applying face masks! I will never use my fingers to apply a mask again, this applies it so evenly. I use the aztec healing clay since i have uneven/acne prone skin. Definitely recommend it for this purpose!!

on 6/8/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm yet another person for whom applying liquid foundation with this brush was a failure. I got some shedding when trying to work the product into the skin, and the foundation ends up looking streaky and uneven. I rarely wear foundation regardless and prefer a blending sponge for it in the end. I too ended up using this for face masks (on the rare occasion I apply one) and it works a lot better for that purpose. If it falls apart eventually I don't think I'll repurchase it unless I need a face mask brush/tool.

on 3/1/2017 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use to apply foundation all over my fave and then blend with a beauty sponge. It works for the way I use it which is basically just to smear it all over my face first before blending. If you were going to use it on it's own to blend in foundation it will definitley be streaky.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is crap at its intended purpose. The bristles are dense and it splays about as you attend to apply your foundation, making it uneven and splotchy. Granted, I've never had luck applying foundation with a brush, but it's particularly bad with this one. However, it's fantastic for applying face masks. It's still uneven, but it's not as bad as with liquid foundation (not to mention you're removing it in like ten minutes anyway). I always deep clean it after use and mine is still going strong seven years later. I haven't had bleeding or shedding either so there's that too. I just would avoid using it to apply foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this brush. I did not buy this to apply foundation even though it is labeled for this purpose. I bought it to apply masks and it does a fantastic job in that regard. I no longer have to get the mask all over my fingers and waste the product. I can apply it evenly and am glad it works so well for this, really no complaints here at all. Just for shits and giggles I decided to try using the brush to apply foundation and found this did an absolute crap job in that regard. Streaks everywhere and it accentuated my dry skin in the worst way. I think it may be the texture of the bristles or perhaps the shape of the brush or maybe both but I would not recommend this for applying foundation (or concealer). I will still use this for my face masks and do recommend you give this a try for that. It's a good brush at a great price. As for the rating... I think this deserves a 3.5 out of 5 because it sucks as a foundation brush but rocks as a mask applicator.

on 10/1/2016 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I do not care for this brush when applying foundation, it looks streaky and creases. However, I use it for applying my liquid blushes and it works great! I would recommend it for that purpose alone. Also its a small brush its also good for concealer under the eyes.

You can't beat Elf Brushes for the money. Whether you select the foundation brush or any of the others the price is amazingly great. As a former Makeup Artist, I am selective about my brushes. However getting a set of these is a great investment. Elf brushes and both a good starter brush set as well for a seasoned user's kit.

on 9/16/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this brush for laying down creme sculpting product and bronzer. It works just fine. I did not want to use my better foundation brush for that so this was a great substitute. I also use to apply primer and sometimes for masks as well. It cleans easily and has not shed either. It is a great utility brush for me. For foundation I am sure it would work for laying it down as well then perhaps using a beauty blender or stippling brush for working in your foundation. I recommend!

Popular Makeup Brushes