Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Daily Conditioner

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Daily Conditioner

3.8

Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Disodium EDTA, PEG-20 Almond Glycerides, Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbic Acid, Keratin Amino Acids, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

If this dried out your hair, you must have a fake copy, because it's like putting silk in your hair and very hydrating. It did miracles for my curly dry hair overly processed hair. Brang it back to life and made it look healthy, shiny and soft as silk.

I cannot believe that the true version of this conditioner would dry out anyone's hair. I saw a lot of fakes out there online, I'm sure. I purchased mine at Winner's, but it's always best to purchase directly from a hairdresser.

I stopped using it because I'm not sure if it's also color safe for my recently colored hair.

Also, I suggest not using it too often as your hair will get accustomed to it and you won't get the same results. Use it for a few weeks until your hair is repaired and then slow down.

I had high hopes based off of some of the reviews. But, after a few weeks of using this, I am certain is not a suitable conditioner for my hair. leaves it fluffy and dry.

Everybody's different. What works for one may not work for another.

To Read all 158 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2016 12:33:00 PM

I have extremely dried and damaged hair. I made the mistake to go to the hairdresser and let them do their "magic", now that I need to make a lot of masks and oil and everything. I first tried it because i offered it, and she let me try and let me tell you one thing, i've never used something like that. It helps me so much every day, i couldn't live with it !

on 12/25/2015 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be bitterly honest, this is the worst conditioner I have ever used....It completely dried out my hair. The formula itself has a very thin, watery consistency and is simply not rich enough for my thick, curly hair. The only thing I liked about this conditioner was that it smelt amazing- but that is not worth dry hair!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My hair is chemically relaxed, bleached, and colored, all of which I did at home, so it was very damaged, brittle with lots of fallout. I tried the usual deep conditioners that used to work for me, like the Neutrogena triple moisture mask, one from Hask, and a bunch of leave ins. But nothing was working. A friend of mine that works as a hair & makeup artist at Disneyland suggested this product. I went out and got it from Ross for 16.99 instead of 36.99 which the larger bottle with the pump usually goes for. Immediately after use my hair was soft and manageable. My fried and split ends were practically gone within the first use. Been using it weekly after shampooing. Will not go back to any other conditioner. This saved my hair from me.

on 4/14/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Please note before reviewing that this conditioner has changed formula and name. The new name is "Joico K-Pak REVITALISANT to repair damage" and not longer RECONSTRUCT and the ingredients are very different from the old one and extremly similar to the recently introduced Revitaluxe. This means that it is now still a protein conditioner but with the addition of plenty of moisturizing peptides.
Please also note that this new formula also similar the all the reformulated lines Moisture Recovery and Color Endure>
Here for comparison the NEW formula:
Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 20/23 Dimethicone, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide 29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide 30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide 28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide 29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Keratin Amino Acids, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth 2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Ceteareth 20, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, PEG 20 Almond Glycerides, Glycerin, Benzophenone 4, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance

on 3/28/2015 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I find this excellent for my baby-fine dry hair. I use it in conjunction with the Shampoo and find, like the Shampoo, I have to use a little more of it than with other products. I use more of the Shampoo to get a proper lather, and more of the Conditioner because it just does not seem to go as far as others. That being said, it leaves my hair very soft and smooth, with no need to use a leave-in Conditioner. I alternate it with Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (also excellent). One point off because of the fact that I have to use more of it to get the job done.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I"m glad I'm not the only one who hated this stuff. I watched so many raving reviews for it on youtube, and so I bought it. It did nothing for my hair, and actually made it feel very brittle and dry. I hate it! I won't even bother trying the other versions, because my experience with this one was so bad. I honestly think I've been happier with Suave. And I really think this company is probably paying some youtubers to love their products now.

on 12/21/2014 5:06:00 PM

I kind of hate this conditioner. I bought it with the matching shampoo and also their moisture intense hair masque/ deep conditioner. The very first time I used it, I had to quick grab the intense conditioner product and start working some of that in because I could immediately tell that this was not going to do the trick. It was so thin and runny and just made my hair feel "dry." My hair was ravaged from a bad coloring service earlier this year and I have been trying everything under the sun, spare no expense, to help it recover. I know a little bit of protein now and then needs to be part of the equation, but historically my hair has always hated protein products. I thought I would fair better with this one because it seems to be higher quality. No such luck. This just doesn't moisturize my hair at all. Add to that, I used the matching shampoo first and it didn't even feel like it had washed my hair - so how hard could it possibly be to condition my hair it at that point?! Wouldn't think it would be that difficult. I tried this conditioner once more and had the same result. I am done with it, giving this overpriced, overhyped junk away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this conditioner but it just did not cut it. I have fine straight chemically treated hair so I need a conditioner with good "slip." This was difficult to work into my hair and did not detangle at all. After washing out, my hair felt as if I had not conditioned it at all. I was surprised that the conditioner left my hair so tangled since the shampoo is very conditioning and gentle.