Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

4.7

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is a nice, protein rich shampoo that I've been using every other wash. It really strengthens my fine hair and makes my highlights look brighter. It has a great lather, a light coconut smell, and a creamy consistency. My dad's girlfriend gave this to me so I don't know if I will repurchase because it's kind of expensive but maybe I'll buy it again. It's a pretty big bottle and lasts a long time. What I don't like is how hard the bottle is; I try to always cut my tubes and bottles open to get all the product out. This bottle would need a heavy duty saw and I'm not doing all that. I'll probably just add water to get the last bit out. I have natural, afro-textured hair that is abundant and fine--this shampoo is great before a blow out.

***Update***
I just used this yesterday and felt like updating this review based on the more negative ones I've read. I love this shampoo because it makes my curls clump together which is something no other shampoo has done. It's like a protein treatment and you MUST deep condition after. I noticed some people experience hair loss after using this and just wanted to say that after using this shampoo you really shouldn't try to detangle. If you've ever used the aphogee 2 step protein treatment then you have an idea of how hard your hair will be after using this shampoo. DON'T comb or brush your hair because it'll just snap off. Add globs of conditioner (without protein--check the ingredients), put on a plastic cap (or trash bag lol), and either sit under a warm dryer for 15-20mins or take a nap/do housework for a few hours. The point is, after using this shampoo your hair will be in a fragile state and will need some TLC. If you just use some cheap conditioner on your ends and rake a comb/brush through it then you WILL lose a bunch of hair. Also, for the people talking about bulidup..don't use this shampoo everyday! I use it twice a month max--alternate it with a moisturizing shampoo especially if you wash your hair every day or every other day. Use a clarifying shampoo at least once a month to get rid of buildup--this is especially important if you use products that contain silicone (again, check the ingredients).

I don't understand the "rotten bananas smell" thing. I hate bananas and I assure you this shampoo doesn't smell like that. It has a light coconut scent. It also lathers very well; I shampoo twice and the second shampoo has the best lather.

I hope this update is helpful to someone who is considering trying this shampoo. I know that Joico doesn't give all this extra info on the bottle's directions but you have to look at the ingredients and learn what they are doing to your hair! :) good luck!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this, it helps to counteract the damage I subject my hair to on a daily basis LOL. I blowdry my hair straight and quickly go over it with a flat iron. This products helps keep my hair strong, softer and in better condition despite what I do to it. Will repurchase!

on 11/5/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am not a fan of the K-Pak line, however this shampoo is great. It smells awesome (it's always about the smell!) and it makes my very dry hair feel clean but definitely hydrated - the pH level has something to do with that. It doesn't tangle my hair which is a miracle in itself; I would definitely purchase this again.