Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

An Ulta SA suggested I tried this since I have dry and thick hair.
I have thick, dry, and natural brunette hair and I had high hopes for this shampoo, but it made my hair very tangled, matted, and DRY.
The solution was worse than the problem! :(
I think I read somewhere that this shampoo has proteins?

on 12/24/2014 11:22:00 AM

Nice shampoo that lathers pretty well!

I love the smell of it! it's like bananas/pineapple mix haha

Didn't strip my hair

on 6/28/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this in the past and it was amazing, made my hair curlier and much softer. An effect I have never seen with any other products, even high end ones.

The downside is how expensive these are! They're like £20 per bottle so I don't think I will be buying it. Don't trust sites like Ebay which are full of fake and used ones. I had a look on the official site and you have to buy it from hair salons only. I'll like their Facebook page and maybe enter into competitions as long as I don't seem like some desperate vulture who can't even afford a shampoo lol. It's brilliant anyway but if it's a bit out of your reach I'd say stick to Tresemme with Aussie conditioner for the ends and maybe some organic macadamia oil for hair after it's dried.

on 6/16/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I gave Joico 4 lipsticks because I have never used shampoo that was above £1-3 or for damaged hair so I don't know what it can do compared to others. However, it does do what I expected it to so I was happy to give it 4 lipsticks.

First off, I want to start by saying I am a highly rational and logical woman so this whole 'it will thicken your hair/ it will change your life' crap doesn't work with me.
The only reason I even (surprisingly) decided to pay more than £3 for a shampoo was because of the good reviews I read online, on here and other websites.

A bit about my hair: I don't have a lot of hair but my strands are thick and overall quite dry; just like my skin.

What did this shampoo do for me? Well, I've been using this shampoo for about 3 weeks now and what it doesn't do is, it does not thicken your hair or give it added strength; nothing can do that. A shampoo cannot change your genes or hair follicles, those are the only things that determine it. I think everyone should accept that and stop making false advertising.

The only reason why some people may witness more strength or thickness in their hair, is because they probably damaged their hair before and its now growing out and the original strength and thickness is coming back.

What this shampoo DOES do, and the reason why I will buy this again is, when I wash my hair and blow dry it, it usually ends up really wire-y and frizzy and it will take me a day to sleep on it to have it nice and silky looking. With this shampoo, I wash, blow dry and my hair looks silky without it looking weighed down and oily. It feels like there is a lot more moisture in my hair and it has this permanent (very very mild) dampish feeling (without it actually looking or being damp)

This is why I will buy this shampoo again.

As for the package; its nice and professional. My only complaint is that it is hard therefore you are not able to squeeze out the last couple of drops.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE IT! I'm Asian w/ thick, coarse hair. I swim laps regularly (about 3 times a week, a mile each time in the pool) in a chlorinated pool. About 2 years ago I didn't wear a swim cap while doing all those laps because the cap always felt too tight. Unfortunately my hair became so dry and the color was totally dull from the chlorine. JOICO KPak is SO GREAT that it restored my hair back to a great soft and bouncy texture. I LOVE IT!

My mom owns a hair salon and can get all the latest and greatest hair products. I've tried a bunch of different ones, but I ALWAYS go back to the JOICO line. If you've got coarse Asian hair like I do, JOICO is the BEST!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this shampoo! I have unruly biracial hair that tends to be dry and this stuff works wonders on it.Ive even been able to use it without conditioner and had beautiful results and that's saying a lot!! My hair has never been so healthy and soft.It is expensive but the results are worth it. I always but the liters when they are on sale and can usually pick the shampoo and conditioner up for around $40 which is awesome because the regular 8oz is usually around $18.I would definitely suggest trying this especially if you have damaged hair

I bought this product because I heard sooo many great things about this product, when I used it the first time it was really nice, then about the third time I used it I had really bad dandruff and my hair was really oily!!! it sucks!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with the shampoo, because the conditioner is amazing. The shampoo almost made my hair look drier. Weird, since it's supposed to be for dry hair. I don't mind using it, but I'd rather not.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this joico shampoo and conditioner If your looking for something to reduce frizz I don't recommend you buying this product but I do think this makes my hair soft and a little bit more moistured. I would go but this product again I have the big liter ones and I will use them up(: