Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 3/28/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like another said, it does not lather up as much as some, however it is excellent for my baby-fine dry hair. Used with the Conditioner they leave my hair soft and smooth. I alternate with Redken Diamond oil Shampoo and Conditioner (also excellent). I took one point off because I have to use a little more of this product to get a good lather for my long hair.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this shampoo, though I do not find it mind blowing. Maybe it's because I really love a good lather and this does not deliver on that end. It does, however, give me really good hair days and since how it looks and feels when it's dry and styled is more important than how it feels while shampooing I will continue to use it and probably repurchase. I also love the scent. It's like sweet pineapples.
***I feel the same about the conditionioner...I don't love it while it's on my hair, but after rinsing my hair feels smooth, is easy to style and looks very nice.
****Update on this one...after a week of use, my hair just began to go limp and look clumpy. I've switched to something else.

on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 PM

I love several Joico products, and use them regularly, just not this one. It is like an average drugstore shampoo with an overripe banana smell. It didn't improve the way my hair looks, but didn't make it worse or irritate my scalp either.
I have the same opinion of the conditioner as well. Both products are good for normal or slightly dry hair, but nothing to write home about. I don't think they are worth the splurge. I don't believe you need to use one product line exclusively to get great result, on the contrary.
If you want to try the K-Pak line, I suggest you to go with the Intense Hydrator or the Revitaluxe treatment. The Deep Penetrating Reconstructor didn't help my hair at all, so although it's another concentrated product of the line, I can't recommend that.
If you want a Joico shampoo, I suggest you to try Moisture Recovery, which is really good, and true to its name.

I have to add that my hair doesn't like heavy protein treatments, just light ones. This might be the reason why I had mixed feelings about this shampoo. I mostly used it in conjunction with the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, which is really heavy on protein, and also not suitable for my hair type.

on 12/30/2012 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have very thick, dry hair. Its been drier lately due to Brazilian treatment. I bought this with matching conditioner and kpak, using all 3 is def helping my hair. Ive been using this for about a month.

on 12/29/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For starters, I have VERY dry hair. My hair is extremely frizzy and even though I get my hair trimmed every 2-3 months, I have major split ends. I don't use heat on my hair everyday and I use a heat protectant when I do, but my hair still felt dry. These were the conditions of my hair when I was using drugstore hair products such as Pantene or Herbal Essences. I finally broke down and bought this shampoo along with the conditioner. 2 months after using these, my hair is much much less frizzy and even when I let it air dry it's very hydrated and shiny.
When actually applying this product, a little goes a long way. It gets very soapy which I like, and it also washes out easily. It leaves my hair feeling clean but hydrated without leaving behind any residue or drying out my scalp.

Long story short, this shampoo along with the conditioner and Healthy Sexy Hair Tri-Wheat Soy Leave In Conditioner have left my hair in a much better state.

on 6/30/2012 9:33:00 AM

i love the kpak color therapy shampoo because it way more rich and moisturizing, BUT i use this shampoo when i want more volume in the crown area , since i have highlighted bleach blonde hair from a level 4N joico really keeps the damage away. this shampoo smells really weird but i like it now <3 happy joico days

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the all time best shampoo iv ever used and believe me iv used alot!!! (probably more than i should have) I have extremely oily roots and dry ends and this is perfect it cleans the oil and moisturizes my ends. I my hair was black for a long time and i recently took the black out and turned it into a medium blonde and this is the perfect shampoo my hair doesn't even look damaged.

My hair dresser recomended this for me to my mom because my hair is nautrally curly and very dry and brittle. I wasn't too impressed. It's not the worst but it's far too over priced for the quality. The stuff at Walmart works just as well.

on 11/8/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good product for people who color their hair and/or use heat to style. I have nearly platinum bleached hair that I straighten or curl occasionally (maybe once a week). I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment about once every 6 weeks, but I felt that I needed something else for inbetween treatments. My hair is somewhat weak so it breaks and dries out very easily.
I ordered this product from Walgreens for about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. I used it a couple of times a week for a while till I realized that it was just too much protein for my hair so it started going back to being dry and unmanageable. I started rotating this shampoo with others and now it works wonderfully. It makes my hair healthier, easier to comb through, and shinier than anything else I've tried. I also like that my hair feels even better the day after I wash it as it is not a tangled mess like when I use regular shampoos.
I like that I can rotate with other shampoos because this product is quite expensive. I paid about $15 for a 10oz bottle, which is not much but luckily I won't have to use it as often. It's a good product and definitely worth trying if you think that your hair needs it.
I will repurchase in the future.

on 9/3/2011 6:29:00 PM

Never before has a product made such dramatic difference as this. Before this I went silicone and sulfate free, but after a while that didn't work for me anymore. My hair started feeling coarse and greasy. So I walked in a random salon and asked them for the best shampoo they had and they recommended this. After washing with this once I already noticed a dramatic difference. My hair was just sooooo soft, smooth and shiney. People started commenting on how nice my hair looked too and the difference is very visible in photos as well (before & after k-pak).
I'm using this in conjunction with the conditioner but I think the shampoo makes the biggest difference. Once I went away for a weekend and only brought the shampoo, and my hair still looked amazing.
The biggest difference this product has made to my hair is unbelievable softness and shine. My frizz is greatly reduced. Like I said, I've never come across a single product that made such a dramatic difference, that includes non-hair beauty products!
Sometimes products work great for me at first but stop working for me after a while, but I've used up a whole bottle of this and it's still going strong. I've already repurchased the 1L bottle.
This shampoo does contain SLES, which is an ingredient I generally avoid in shampoo (and always avoid in skincare), but this shampoo has done 1000% more for my hair than any sulfate free shampoo ever did.
I find it to be very mild actually. Because of this I do let the shampoo soak in my hair for a minute or two before rinsing it out. If I don't do this my hair sometimes doesn't get completely clean. This mildness is a good thing in my opinion and after letting it soak in my hair is completely clean (I only wash my hair once each time).
I've let several of my friends try the shampoo and they are now hooked as well. My one friend never used to leave the house without flat ironing her hair and now she does.
Overall I think this is a fantastic product and I will gladly repurchase, even though I have to pay a lot more than it is sold for in the US since I live in Europe now and have to order online.
Update: I still love this product, but I can't use this every day anymore. The first couple of months my hair only started to get better with this (I suppose it was very damaged), but after that my hair started to feel a bit limp. I guess it had soaked up enough protein and was now saturated. I've since found out that for maintenance its best to use 1 protein treatment for every 3 moisturizing treatments. That's what I'm doing now and it works great. I still adore this shampoo and I will repurchase, but I now use it 1-2x a week instead of every day. The other days I use protein free hair products.