Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

on 6/16/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I gave Joico 4 lipsticks because I have never used shampoo that was above £1-3 or for damaged hair so I don't know what it can do compared to others. However, it does do what I expected it to so I was happy to give it 4 lipsticks.

First off, I want to start by saying I am a highly rational and logical woman so this whole 'it will thicken your hair/ it will change your life' crap doesn't work with me.
The only reason I even (surprisingly) decided to pay more than £3 for a shampoo was because of the good reviews I read online, on here and other websites.

A bit about my hair: I don't have a lot of hair but my strands are thick and overall quite dry; just like my skin.

What did this shampoo do for me? Well, I've been using this shampoo for about 3 weeks now and what it doesn't do is, it does not thicken your hair or give it added strength; nothing can do that. A shampoo cannot change your genes or hair follicles, those are the only things that determine it. I think everyone should accept that and stop making false advertising.

The only reason why some people may witness more strength or thickness in their hair, is because they probably damaged their hair before and its now growing out and the original strength and thickness is coming back.

What this shampoo DOES do, and the reason why I will buy this again is, when I wash my hair and blow dry it, it usually ends up really wire-y and frizzy and it will take me a day to sleep on it to have it nice and silky looking. With this shampoo, I wash, blow dry and my hair looks silky without it looking weighed down and oily. It feels like there is a lot more moisture in my hair and it has this permanent (very very mild) dampish feeling (without it actually looking or being damp)

This is why I will buy this shampoo again.

As for the package; its nice and professional. My only complaint is that it is hard therefore you are not able to squeeze out the last couple of drops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After bleaching my hair myself one too many times last summer, my hair was brittle and snapped like crazy, leaving me with a layer tiny blonde shreds of hair all over my shoulders by the end of the day (and lucky me, I wear a dark colored uniform at work, so there is no hiding it). After realizing that I now have what is considered damage hair, I knew my hair routine needed a re-vamp. I watched a few YouTube videos on haircare for damaged blonde hair, I decided to try the Joico K-Pak line, which was fortunately on sale at my local beauty supply.

The first time I used it, I toweled my hair off expecting a miracle. I didn't get one. My hair looked and felt exactly the same, and I was worried my purchase was a bust. But I kept on trucking, using the shampoo and conditioner every other day, and the deep penetrating reconstructor treatment once a week.

Sure enough, my patience paid off, because after about 4-6 weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner I noticed that my shoulders were not speckled with as much breakage as before. 6 more weeks, and there was no breakage at all! Hallelujah! This line has kept my hair attached to my head, and it really does work to rebuild your hair. I am truly amazed, and will continue to use this shampoo every few times I wash my hair, alternating with a moisturizing shampoo so I don't get overdosed on protein.

So if you don't get instant gratification, keep up using this product - it can save your hair if you give it a chance! Also worth noting is the cost - it's definitely more than your average drugstore hair product, but it lasts! I just ran out of both the shampoo and conditioner, and I have been using it for about 4-5 months. So the cost is not too steep considering how long it has lasted me. So give the Joico line a shot! I also reviewed their Restorative Styling Oil, which is awesome. I might be a little fanatical about this brand now..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of Joico products and switched from the "BodyLuxe" to this one. I'm loosing much less hair in the shower and my hair is super soft. Unfortunately its pretty flat now but it was a sacrifice I had to make *volume or healthy. I bought it at a salon in the 3.7L jugs for $50each. It's basically like getting it 50% off if you buy in bulk. You just need to be sure you like it cause it will last you a year!

I bought this product because I heard sooo many great things about this product, when I used it the first time it was really nice, then about the third time I used it I had really bad dandruff and my hair was really oily!!! it sucks!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with the shampoo, because the conditioner is amazing. The shampoo almost made my hair look drier. Weird, since it's supposed to be for dry hair. I don't mind using it, but I'd rather not.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! My hair had taken a beating over the years of dying and GHDing it since i was 14 (i'm 18 now). My hair had got to the point when it just stopped growing all together. I can honestly say this product gave my hair life again! I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff and my hair has looked its best in years. My boyfriend even noticed. Go out and grab this product!!!

on 11/27/2009 8:02:00 PM

Idk why the ratings are so low i love this shampoo and the scent
smells like cream cheese icing and coconuts :D(sounds nasty i know but it really does smell good to me)

on 9/10/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I have heard great things about Joico, but never needed a product like K-Pak until a few months ago when I began having my hair highlighted. After highlighting, my hair was harder to manage and felt coarser. I got this shampoo in a set along with the Reconstruct Conditioner. I started using the shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago, and can really see a difference in the condition of my hair! It is so much smoother, silkier, and is much, much easier to style. My hair has never looked better, even before I started highlighting! FYI, I have long, fine, (now) blonde hair that I blow dry and flat iron three or four times per week.

yeah whatever. they make this stuff sound brilliant (have you read the back of the bottle?) "15 amino acids, building blocks of hair" blah blah blah. but this shampoo and cond. combo let my hair looking, feeling, and shedding just like every other shampoo. i fell for the gimmick, and hell, i still believe it. after all, the ingredients list IS different, the wheat protein and keratin and all, but ... its just not doing anything for me. i got the same results from suave, NO LIE. thats why im so dissapointed. im going to keep using it up though, because i got this set at ulta for only 20 bucks, so im not going to return it (it is a decent sham. and cond. combo). but for amazing, shiny, light, untangled hair? nah, just average. i think i have less build up though. i think ... there is no perfect shampoo. ive tried a million, and i just about have given up.