Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 25-29
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luckily I bought the small travel bottles of this shampoo and conditioner, because this didn't work out too well for me. For reference, my hair is medium length, normal, and curly. Since coloring my hair last summer, my hair is prone to dryness and frizz. After using both the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was very soft and smelled good. It wasn't until my hair air-dried that I really saw the results for my hair. It looked matted and dull and I had to re-wet my hair and put a leave-in to make my hair look decent. The shampoo is very gentle and the conditioner gets out knots pretty well, but unfotunately the dry down proved this is not an appropriate product for me even though my hair loves protein and I never had any problems with the other products in the line. I will save this duo for when my hair really needs it, but for now I'll try something else like the liquid reconstructor.

on 11/5/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am not a fan of the K-Pak line, however this shampoo is great. It smells awesome (it's always about the smell!) and it makes my very dry hair feel clean but definitely hydrated - the pH level has something to do with that. It doesn't tangle my hair which is a miracle in itself; I would definitely purchase this again.

on 4/13/2007 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My hair is wavy/curly, highlighted, & bra-strap length. I like the scent of this & it lathers well, however my hair ends up very, very knotted when I use this! Even with the conditioner or deep penetrating reconstructor, I ended up with terrible knots. I'll use Aphogee, this isn't worth it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. I rarely buy the same shampoo twice, and now that I'm getting to the bottom of this bottle I had been starting to look at reviews to decide what to try next. The reason I'm writing this review is because I realized I don't want to try something else! I have lots of fine, curly hair (but a TON of it) that's been treated terribly over the past year (repeated highlighting compounded with sun and salt water). It was course and frizzy and difficult to run my hands through. After using this stuff every time I wash my hair for the past month or so, my hair has found a new life. It's shiny, bouncy, and soft to the touch. Plus, any guy who smells my hair needs to lean in for another whiff. They love it! (NOTE: I've been using this in conjunction with the K-PAK Intense Hydrating Treatment, which I also love but don't think I'll buy again now that my hair is under control. I'll definitely be giving the daily conditioner a try, though.)

Popular Shampoos