Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Joico, it's my favorite salon brand, but for the price, the k-pak formulas could perform better. It smells really good, but misses the mark. I seem to have more hair than normal going down with drain when rinsing. Not good. =/ Overall, I absolutley love this brand but the k-pak is only for very damaged hair, I didn't notice any improvement with mine and mine isn't overly damaged, just heat styled and color treated. I'll stick with the color and moisture lines, those are beyond amazing!!

on 6/28/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this in the past and it was amazing, made my hair curlier and much softer. An effect I have never seen with any other products, even high end ones.

The downside is how expensive these are! They're like £20 per bottle so I don't think I will be buying it. Don't trust sites like Ebay which are full of fake and used ones. I had a look on the official site and you have to buy it from hair salons only. I'll like their Facebook page and maybe enter into competitions as long as I don't seem like some desperate vulture who can't even afford a shampoo lol. It's brilliant anyway but if it's a bit out of your reach I'd say stick to Tresemme with Aussie conditioner for the ends and maybe some organic macadamia oil for hair after it's dried.

on 11/3/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is one of my favorit shampoos if ive been super heat abusing my hair this shampoo and the IH fixes my hair right away <33 i love this and the Intense Hydrator there my HG combo. ALSO let me make this CRYSTAL CLEAR the reviews abouve talking about "omg this dryed out my hair cuz it has too much protien blah blah blah" UMM YAA ON THE BOTTLE IT SAYS FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR so if you have relitivly healthy hair .... then why the F would you use this? how stupid. if you put too much protien on your hair of course its going to break off anyone who knows about hair care knows that. thank you captin obvious

on 5/11/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried this product on and off for awhile now since I bought big bottles. After try upon try I can definitely say I am disappointed in this product and will not use again! I have pretty Fine, thin hair, and this shampoo that's supposed to be made for damaged hair, always leaves my hair feeling dry at the ends and oily at the scalp.. My major issue with this shampoo though, is even though it says its color safe, it Never fails to fade my hair really really fast, which since I dye my hair a dark brown, Im not a fan of. Would not recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luckily I bought the small travel bottles of this shampoo and conditioner, because this didn't work out too well for me. For reference, my hair is medium length, normal, and curly. Since coloring my hair last summer, my hair is prone to dryness and frizz. After using both the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was very soft and smelled good. It wasn't until my hair air-dried that I really saw the results for my hair. It looked matted and dull and I had to re-wet my hair and put a leave-in to make my hair look decent. The shampoo is very gentle and the conditioner gets out knots pretty well, but unfotunately the dry down proved this is not an appropriate product for me even though my hair loves protein and I never had any problems with the other products in the line. I will save this duo for when my hair really needs it, but for now I'll try something else like the liquid reconstructor.

on 11/13/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo is great for dry damaged hair. I have(had) really damaged hair that was unmanagable from bleaching and colouring. This shampoo I belive helped me out, it didnt "mend" my split ends but it made it feel healthier. This being said, my hair is a lot healthier now not just from the shampoo, from getting it cut alot and not using heat. Don't think it works as well on "heathy" hair...since its not desgined for that. Anyways if you have unhealthy hair, certanly give this and the condishiner a go!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So far I THINK I like this? Lol I've only been using the shampoo and conditioner for a few days now. I bought the liter bottles for 20USD and got the deep conditioner for free (awesome deal! Go to Trade Secret :D). I really like the packaging other than a lot of people on here, it feels very fancy to me lol. And the smell isn't too too bad, they reformulated them so it's more of a tropical smell instead of bananas. But the deep conditioner smells like bananas, which smells disgusting, IMO. XD So, the shampoo and conditioner do make my hair soft, but it makes it frizzy. My hair is so frizzy that it looks fuzzy, which isn't very attractive. But, I can live with that, because I can use my Chi Silk Infusion which I adore. I'm hoping that after I start using it more it will make my hair smoother and shinier, because my hair rebels against being naturally shiny lol. I like it enough to use the liter bottles, though. I plan on highlighting my darkish hair so it's blond so I'm going to need a protein shampoo haha. I recommend it you give it a try!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this, it helps to counteract the damage I subject my hair to on a daily basis LOL. I blowdry my hair straight and quickly go over it with a flat iron. This products helps keep my hair strong, softer and in better condition despite what I do to it. Will repurchase!

on 11/5/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am not a fan of the K-Pak line, however this shampoo is great. It smells awesome (it's always about the smell!) and it makes my very dry hair feel clean but definitely hydrated - the pH level has something to do with that. It doesn't tangle my hair which is a miracle in itself; I would definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My HG! Love it! Leaves hair curls defined soft & shiny!