Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.9

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought the shampoo with the conditioner on sale for $20 CDN.
It did nothing to my hair... it stayed dry and split-ended :(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this shampoo, though I do not find it mind blowing. Maybe it's because I really love a good lather and this does not deliver on that end. It does, however, give me really good hair days and since how it looks and feels when it's dry and styled is more important than how it feels while shampooing I will continue to use it and probably repurchase. I also love the scent. It's like sweet pineapples.
***I feel the same about the conditionioner...I don't love it while it's on my hair, but after rinsing my hair feels smooth, is easy to style and looks very nice.
****Update on this one...after a week of use, my hair just began to go limp and look clumpy. I've switched to something else.

on 3/18/2015 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner for about 2-3 months. It never really did much for my thin and dry hair. The shampoo wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything special. I really hated the conditioner. I'm used to drugstore conditioners and was really surprised at how runny the conditioner it was. I had to use a LOT to fully condition my hair. I also noticed quite a bit of hair falling out since using this shampoo and conditioner, so I'm definitely not going to repurchase.
Going to try some Costco shampoo, heard they have some good ones for a lot cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think people don't really understand this product or how to use it. There is a way to tell if your hair needs moisture or protein..if you over flow it with the other when you need the opposite, things won't turn out well. Here's how you do it(credit to: kinkycurlycoilyme):
"To do the strand test, take one of your shed hairs and wet it. (Note, the difference between a shed hair and a hair that has broken off is the shed hair will have a little white bulb on the end)

While holding each end of the hair and stretching it:

-If the hair stretches slightly and returns to its original length without breaking, you are balanced.

-If the hair stretches and continues to stretch or stretches a little more than it should and then breaks (snaps), then you need more protein in your regimen.

-If the hair has very little to no stretch to it and instantly breaks(snaps), then you need more moisture in your regime.

Now, other than conducting the strand test, you can also tell by how your hair feels.

-While wet, if your hair feels weak, gummy, very stringy, or limp, you need protein.

-While dry, if your hair feels hard, dry, tangly, brittle, weak or any combination, you need moisture"

If you give your hair protein when it needs moisture, it will clearly end up drier and tougher. It appears more damaged. That's called over flowing the protein!!! If you give it when it NEEDS it(say after a bleach when your hair is gummy as hell, or after color oops) your hair will be glorious. I fry my hair every few weeks from bleaching. There's no avoiding it. This stuff starts off making my hair look frizzy when it's drying, but when it DOES dry completely it is smooth and makes my hair gorgeous. If you want moisture, try the Moisture Recovery shampoo or a deep conditioner.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

An Ulta SA suggested I tried this since I have dry and thick hair.
I have thick, dry, and natural brunette hair and I had high hopes for this shampoo, but it made my hair very tangled, matted, and DRY.
The solution was worse than the problem! :(
I think I read somewhere that this shampoo has proteins?

on 6/12/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First off, I have thick, dry, damaged, frizzy hair. I find it sooo hard to find products that make it silky,shiny, smooth and managable, but the K-PAK range is amazing! Joico is my favourite brand when it comes to hair care and it's the only thing I use now. K-PAK is my absolute favourite so far and I'll always come back to it. I got a set of the Shampoo, Conditioner and K-PAK revitaluxe treatment (which is literally the best thing I've ever tried on my hair) and now i'm so in love. Plus the K-PAK range smells AMAZING, all Joico products do which is always important in hair products to me. But anyway, I highly reccomend the Shampoo, it's the only shampoo which doesn't make my hair feel super tangly and weird after I've used it, and it obviously works best using the K-PAK conditioner as well :)

on 3/18/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have a long, frizzy and wavy mess of hair. I've been straightening/curling my hair for about 2 years now (once a month), but my hair was still dead and dry. I lathered, rinsed and repeated with the shampoo, then used the matching conditioner. I towel dried my hair for about an hour and then I was shocked when I took the towel off! I can't remember the last time my hair *looked* healthy! My hair wasn't tangled and dry like it usually is with my daily shampoo/conditioner, and it felt really soft :) After my first time trying, I think I'm hooked! Hopefully I'll be able to see the "reconstructive" properties with enough uses!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo is great! My hair was actually falling out a lot, so I switched to this shampoo (as it has protein in it) and I love love love it!It makes my hair feel strong, and when I straighten it, it's shiny (my natural hair is super wild and you'd never be able to tell).
That being said, it's pretty expensive (17 $ for the small one... no thanks) so I always buy it on sale from Trade secrets, when they put out the huge jug for 20$, or from Lisa's Cosmetics sales...

anyway after finishing one bottle of the shampoo, I thought about switching (I get bored, ok?) so I got a head and shoulders shampoo.... lo and behold my hair fell out in chunks...I used if for a week or two to make sure it wasn't a one-time thing.... it wasn't. So I switched back to this shampoo, and from the very first use, it was stronger, healthier, and shinier

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the all time best shampoo iv ever used and believe me iv used alot!!! (probably more than i should have) I have extremely oily roots and dry ends and this is perfect it cleans the oil and moisturizes my ends. I my hair was black for a long time and i recently took the black out and turned it into a medium blonde and this is the perfect shampoo my hair doesn't even look damaged.