Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

4.1

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 10/11/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this, my hair(form dsoarhair.com) is oily at the roots and dry at first, but is generally pretty healthy. The problem I've had in the past with other shampoos is build up and getting really oily really fast and not feeling like my hair is clean at all. This cleans my hair without making it feel stripped. Sometimes I get dandruff on my hairline even if my hair is dirty/oily (weird contradiction I know!) and when I use this shampoo it completely fixes it without smelling like a disgusting dandruff-only shampoo (I've only known dandruff-fixing products to be smelly). I get a lot of volume from this shampoo too, and a nice amount of shine

on 3/28/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like another said, it does not lather up as much as some, however it is excellent for my baby-fine dry hair. Used with the Conditioner they leave my hair soft and smooth. I alternate with Redken Diamond oil Shampoo and Conditioner (also excellent). I took one point off because I have to use a little more of this product to get a good lather for my long hair.

on 3/16/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The joico shampoos dry out my hair. I don't use them. My hair is colored and needs more moisture-nothing worse than dried out hair.

on 10/21/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am shocked to see all these negative reviews on this product. I have fine black hair with colour.
I was recommended this product by my hairdresser, i have severe damaged hair from DIY bleaching and constant colouring. Not to mention i was my hair everyday, blow-dry and straighten.

But despite all that this shampoo is by far the best i have come across. I will admit it's EXPENSIVE and through my experience with this product for a good year its kept my hair together. After every wash my hair would feel so light and smooth and I'm constantly asked by my gfs what i am doing to my hair.

I won't say its the best ever but defiantly worth a try!

on 4/23/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought mine of strawberrynet on sale (and on a whim).

Love this stuff. I get lots of compliments when I wash my hair with it so it has almost become my regular shampoo. I find using too many treatments that have protein in them can make your hair look like straw after awhile, but this somehow repairs your hair without doing that (I guess cause you wash it out :P). It also smells really good. If I can get it on sale (it was like $11) then I will definitely buy this again.

For reference - I have medium length type 1 hair that has been permemantly dyed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this, because everytime I wash my hair with this shampoo I have a good hair day. My hair is straight, medium thickness and blond I only color my roots about every 2 months but a while ago I got ombre and had to bleach out my ends 2 times to get them light enough, oh boy where they damaged. My hair looked unhealthy so I chopped of the ends and needed some good care for the rest of my hair. This turned my dry lifeless hair back into soft, silky and glossy hair! I would repurchase even though I find it expensive it gives me the "just got back from the salon look" kinda hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

One of my favourite shampoos, definately worth the price. I alternate this with more moisturizing or deep cleansing shampoos for the best results. Easy to lather and rinse, quite lightweight hair, doesn't dry or irritate the scalp. However, the reconstructing qualities are not that obvious to me, but this is a keeper.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

For the past few months i've been obsessed with drug store hair products, which was a very unusual stage for me. During that strange period I had blonde highlights. Recently decided to go back to a dark blonde/light brown color, and I noticed the cheap shampoo was not my friend anymore. Color was fading, not only that but it was fading to a strange color. My hair felt unmanageable too. Decided to go to Ulta, Couldn't decide weather to get the one for color treated hair or regular. Decided to go with the regular because it said color safe on the back because It was the known classic (didn't do research before I left). When I first used it, didn't do anything. My hair felt crunchy and tangled. However, I continued to use it. I say that it get way better the more you use it. I'm on my fifth day, and my hair looks great. Plus the strange color the cheap shampoo was pulling went away. I think it was this shampoo that helped it.

on 11/8/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good product for people who color their hair and/or use heat to style. I have nearly platinum bleached hair that I straighten or curl occasionally (maybe once a week). I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment about once every 6 weeks, but I felt that I needed something else for inbetween treatments. My hair is somewhat weak so it breaks and dries out very easily.
I ordered this product from Walgreens for about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. I used it a couple of times a week for a while till I realized that it was just too much protein for my hair so it started going back to being dry and unmanageable. I started rotating this shampoo with others and now it works wonderfully. It makes my hair healthier, easier to comb through, and shinier than anything else I've tried. I also like that my hair feels even better the day after I wash it as it is not a tangled mess like when I use regular shampoos.
I like that I can rotate with other shampoos because this product is quite expensive. I paid about $15 for a 10oz bottle, which is not much but luckily I won't have to use it as often. It's a good product and definitely worth trying if you think that your hair needs it.
I will repurchase in the future.

on 7/22/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this for only 30 dollars at Costco. It came in a set with something like 33 ounces of both the shampoo and conditioner, which is an AMAZING deal considering a normal smaller bottle of the shampoo alone sells for about 20 dollars at Ulta. It has lasted me a very long time, and I have been using this exclusively. After this bottle, though, I don't know that I'll repurchase, since I now know that it has parabens and also the fact that, by then, my hair won't really need to be 'reconstructed' since it is already a lot healthier now. However, I will continue to recommend this to anyone looking for a great reconstructing shampoo for their hair!