Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by hair type : Other
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 8/15/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo, my hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends, but is generally pretty healthy. The problem I've had in the past with other shampoos is build up and getting really oily really fast and not feeling like my hair is clean at all. This cleans my hair without making it feel stripped. Sometimes I get dandruff on my hairline even if my hair is dirty/oily (weird contradiction I know!) and when I use this shampoo it completely fixes it without smelling like a disgusting dandruff-only shampoo (I've only known dandruff-fixing products to be smelly). I get a lot of volume from this shampoo too, and a nice amount of shine.

on 3/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I would avoid this unless you have SEVERELY damaged hair as a result of bleaching or other chemical treatments - and even then I would suggest the K-pak Reconstructor in the same line (HG status) over this in a heartbeat. The latter delivers a healthy dose of protein without overdrying the hair or making it rough and frizzy like this shampoo does...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this shampoo with the coordinating conditioner for the last year and I can say that I will never stop purchasing them. I have platinum blonde hair that it to my waist. With bleaching and heat styling, my hair is very fragile. This shampoo and conditioner is the perfect match for my hair. The shampoo gently cleanses and does not strip your hair. After rinsing, you can still feel moisture in your hair. The consistency is rich and creamy. It lathers up very nice. The smell is amazing. Not too strong, just the right amount of fragrance. This product (shampoo and conditioner) has brought my hair back to life and has contributed to its overall health. The shampoo and conditioner can be a little pricey, but Ulta usually has a good deal on them when they have their liter sale. Definitely give this a try and I guarantee you will fall in love.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use heat styling or blow dryers and since using this (two months), my split ends are getting split ends. Literally.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fine hair that is not exactly what you would call abundant. It is extremely fragile & colour treated. This shampoo has been working really well for me. I use it in conjunction with the matching conditioner & the K-Pak Revitaluxe. I really like them all.

I used the same shampoo & conditioner for many years & over the past 2 years, after some extreme stress, my hair was just looking worse than ever. Really damaged, dry, brittle, frizzy...all bad pretty much all the time no matter how I tried to style or hide it. I bought these joico products & noticed a difference from the first use (I believe most of the credit goes to the revitaluxe though).

This shampoo doesn't ruin my colour. Gives a nice, rich, creamy lather. I have never used it all on it's own, so I can't comment on that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After bleaching my hair myself one too many times last summer, my hair was brittle and snapped like crazy, leaving me with a layer tiny blonde shreds of hair all over my shoulders by the end of the day (and lucky me, I wear a dark colored uniform at work, so there is no hiding it). After realizing that I now have what is considered damage hair, I knew my hair routine needed a re-vamp. I watched a few YouTube videos on haircare for damaged blonde hair, I decided to try the Joico K-Pak line, which was fortunately on sale at my local beauty supply.

The first time I used it, I toweled my hair off expecting a miracle. I didn't get one. My hair looked and felt exactly the same, and I was worried my purchase was a bust. But I kept on trucking, using the shampoo and conditioner every other day, and the deep penetrating reconstructor treatment once a week.

Sure enough, my patience paid off, because after about 4-6 weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner I noticed that my shoulders were not speckled with as much breakage as before. 6 more weeks, and there was no breakage at all! Hallelujah! This line has kept my hair attached to my head, and it really does work to rebuild your hair. I am truly amazed, and will continue to use this shampoo every few times I wash my hair, alternating with a moisturizing shampoo so I don't get overdosed on protein.

So if you don't get instant gratification, keep up using this product - it can save your hair if you give it a chance! Also worth noting is the cost - it's definitely more than your average drugstore hair product, but it lasts! I just ran out of both the shampoo and conditioner, and I have been using it for about 4-5 months. So the cost is not too steep considering how long it has lasted me. So give the Joico line a shot! I also reviewed their Restorative Styling Oil, which is awesome. I might be a little fanatical about this brand now..

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

I have always dyed my hair and straightened, blow dried the works. And when i recently went to go blonde again, I got a full head of foils and i knew my hair would be utterly destroyed. So i prepared by getting this and the matching conditioner. WOW! my hair is amazing now.

After I got my hair done my hair was literally flaking off its broken ends like no tomorrow. I couldnt wait to wash my hair with this stuff to see if it worked. I used this and the conditioner, and for once in my life my hair was in the best condition ever! i have always had dry ends and i havent found anything to fix it, i have tried so many products i was going crazy. After using this i couldnt wait to wash my hair again and see it transform. After about 5 washes my hair was definitely not falling out, its was not breaking, its definitely not dry at the ends anymore and its clean and shiny still.

It lathers up nicely, you dont waste product, it smells like creamy banana kind of it so yummy. The bottles dont make you waste too much product, and it feels like your hair is always clean and healthy.

Definitely buy this if you have any form of damage to your hair. You will not regret it, its the best thing you can buy and its not that expensive. I got mine here in New Zealand for $30 for the shampoo and conditioner, which is super cheap for salon products and it will last ages if you dont waste it!!

on 6/30/2012 9:33:00 AM

i love the kpak color therapy shampoo because it way more rich and moisturizing, BUT i use this shampoo when i want more volume in the crown area , since i have highlighted bleach blonde hair from a level 4N joico really keeps the damage away. this shampoo smells really weird but i like it now <3 happy joico days

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of Joico products and switched from the "BodyLuxe" to this one. I'm loosing much less hair in the shower and my hair is super soft. Unfortunately its pretty flat now but it was a sacrifice I had to make *volume or healthy. I bought it at a salon in the 3.7L jugs for $50each. It's basically like getting it 50% off if you buy in bulk. You just need to be sure you like it cause it will last you a year!

I absoloutley agree with the previous reviewer. The hair products at walmart work better than this stuff. I always get tons of compliments on my hair, & I've used walmart products all my life on my hair & never had a problem. Ever since I've tried using all these "high end" salon shampoos/conditioners it has made my hair worse, more damaged & dry. Never doing the "high end" shampoo/conditioner thing again, I've learned my lesson. Ironically, I work in a salon so i've tried many "high end" products & I'm telling you....they aren't all they're cranked up to be. One thing I do know, is that if your hair isn't pretty damaged for the most part, products with protein in them will further damage & dry out your hair. That being said, that's probably why this didn't work for me. My hair is healthy for the most part, so all this protein dried out my hair. I would only reccommend this for people with severely damaged hair, not for people with somewhat healthy hair. & that goes for any products containing protein in them, especially in high amounts like this one.