Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

4.3

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

on 4/29/2013 7:28:00 AM

This is the worst shampoo/conditioner I have ever used.

Immediately after washing my hair I know something is not right.
My hair feels matted, dry and my hair seems to be shedding!
Naturally I freak out. I actually had to blow-dry my hair right then and there (which is something I never do.)

My hair has never felt so dry, limpless and even my colour seems to have faded after just one use!

on 12/29/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For starters, I have VERY dry hair. My hair is extremely frizzy and even though I get my hair trimmed every 2-3 months, I have major split ends. I don't use heat on my hair everyday and I use a heat protectant when I do, but my hair still felt dry. These were the conditions of my hair when I was using drugstore hair products such as Pantene or Herbal Essences. I finally broke down and bought this shampoo along with the conditioner. 2 months after using these, my hair is much much less frizzy and even when I let it air dry it's very hydrated and shiny.
When actually applying this product, a little goes a long way. It gets very soapy which I like, and it also washes out easily. It leaves my hair feeling clean but hydrated without leaving behind any residue or drying out my scalp.

Long story short, this shampoo along with the conditioner and Healthy Sexy Hair Tri-Wheat Soy Leave In Conditioner have left my hair in a much better state.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

One of my favourite shampoos, definately worth the price. I alternate this with more moisturizing or deep cleansing shampoos for the best results. Easy to lather and rinse, quite lightweight hair, doesn't dry or irritate the scalp. However, the reconstructing qualities are not that obvious to me, but this is a keeper.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE IT! I'm Asian w/ thick, coarse hair. I swim laps regularly (about 3 times a week, a mile each time in the pool) in a chlorinated pool. About 2 years ago I didn't wear a swim cap while doing all those laps because the cap always felt too tight. Unfortunately my hair became so dry and the color was totally dull from the chlorine. JOICO KPak is SO GREAT that it restored my hair back to a great soft and bouncy texture. I LOVE IT!

My mom owns a hair salon and can get all the latest and greatest hair products. I've tried a bunch of different ones, but I ALWAYS go back to the JOICO line. If you've got coarse Asian hair like I do, JOICO is the BEST!!

on 3/23/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after getting a full head of highlights and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a change I saw in one shampoo!! I love the smell too!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I love this shampoo, doesn't dry out my scalp or give me dandruff and doesn't make my hair feel DRY. Just soft and clean. The only thing I don't like is that it makes my hair flat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this is conjuction with the Conditioner, reconstructor and liquid leave in reconstructor.
This shampoo + conditioner is for repairing damaged dry hair.
Although this shampoo (and conditioner) is doing the job of repairing my abused hair, i dont find it leaving my hair really moisturized. That could just be cause of my fried hair or using this daily, though. I am wanting to get the Moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner to alternate between them, as i do think using this daily isnt the way to go. I will update this when i have gotten the moisture recovery and alternate and see how it goes :)

on 9/10/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I have heard great things about Joico, but never needed a product like K-Pak until a few months ago when I began having my hair highlighted. After highlighting, my hair was harder to manage and felt coarser. I got this shampoo in a set along with the Reconstruct Conditioner. I started using the shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago, and can really see a difference in the condition of my hair! It is so much smoother, silkier, and is much, much easier to style. My hair has never looked better, even before I started highlighting! FYI, I have long, fine, (now) blonde hair that I blow dry and flat iron three or four times per week.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this shampoo, especially with use of the matching conditioner. It cleanses well but also leaves my dry damanged fragile hair moisturized. I went to using this after using more stripping drugstore shampoos for a bit and wow, I remember the difference of a good salon moisturizing shampoo. Definitely worth it's price!