Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.7

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 3/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I would avoid this unless you have SEVERELY damaged hair as a result of bleaching or other chemical treatments - and even then I would suggest the K-pak Reconstructor in the same line (HG status) over this in a heartbeat. The latter delivers a healthy dose of protein without overdrying the hair or making it rough and frizzy like this shampoo does...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Joico, it's my favorite salon brand, but for the price, the k-pak formulas could perform better. It smells really good, but misses the mark. I seem to have more hair than normal going down with drain when rinsing. Not good. =/ Overall, I absolutley love this brand but the k-pak is only for very damaged hair, I didn't notice any improvement with mine and mine isn't overly damaged, just heat styled and color treated. I'll stick with the color and moisture lines, those are beyond amazing!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this shampoo, though I do not find it mind blowing. Maybe it's because I really love a good lather and this does not deliver on that end. It does, however, give me really good hair days and since how it looks and feels when it's dry and styled is more important than how it feels while shampooing I will continue to use it and probably repurchase. I also love the scent. It's like sweet pineapples.
***I feel the same about the conditionioner...I don't love it while it's on my hair, but after rinsing my hair feels smooth, is easy to style and looks very nice.
****Update on this one...after a week of use, my hair just began to go limp and look clumpy. I've switched to something else.

on 3/18/2015 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner for about 2-3 months. It never really did much for my thin and dry hair. The shampoo wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything special. I really hated the conditioner. I'm used to drugstore conditioners and was really surprised at how runny the conditioner it was. I had to use a LOT to fully condition my hair. I also noticed quite a bit of hair falling out since using this shampoo and conditioner, so I'm definitely not going to repurchase.
Going to try some Costco shampoo, heard they have some good ones for a lot cheaper.

on 12/24/2014 11:22:00 AM

Nice shampoo that lathers pretty well!

I love the smell of it! it's like bananas/pineapple mix haha

Didn't strip my hair

on 10/21/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am shocked to see all these negative reviews on this product. I have fine black hair with colour.
I was recommended this product by my hairdresser, i have severe damaged hair from DIY bleaching and constant colouring. Not to mention i was my hair everyday, blow-dry and straighten.

But despite all that this shampoo is by far the best i have come across. I will admit it's EXPENSIVE and through my experience with this product for a good year its kept my hair together. After every wash my hair would feel so light and smooth and I'm constantly asked by my gfs what i am doing to my hair.

I won't say its the best ever but defiantly worth a try!

on 5/8/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is review for the entire K-pak reconstructor line since I bought it in a whole set, 4 products - shampoo, conditioner and 2 types of masks to use alternatively.
It's true that after you use this shampoo your hair will be very dry and frail and it definitely needs a treatment, best from this line, to compensate somehow. After first uses my hair did feel smoother but it would get too oily very soon which is shocking for me since my hair is dry (naturally so and heat styles because it's curly).
My scalp would get itchy and oily which is also news to me.After the stylist noticed this too I decided to give up this line because itchy and oily may mean losing hair because too much oil suffocates the follicle and it may die because of it. I tried using their Clarifying shampoo because I thought too much protein may be the cause. But it did not help much and the problem would come back every time I used the K-pak shampoo.
I know this line caused this because the problems stopped immediately after I stopped using it.
It's not the first time Joico shampoos and conditioner seem to sicken my scalp. Unlike their styling products that caused no problem so far (apart from the K-pak styling products that I never used because of this freaky experience with the treatment line).

on 11/16/2013 2:10:00 PM

I head great things about this shampoo but it just did not work for me. It makes my fine hair very oily, and the conditioner does not condition my hair. It kind of smells like rotting bananas, but its a scent that you get used to. The shampoo and conditioner are both very liquidy, I prefer a thicker consistency. It does not leave my hair feeling nice at all, no-name drugstore brands make my hair feel a lot smoother and softer than this. It leaves a lot of residue and my scalp around the front of my head feels heavy with oil and unclean after using this shampoo, while the back of my head feels dry, as it has dried out my ends. Definitely would not recommend this, try a sample before you spend the money. Fortunately I bought mine at Ulta in a bundle of shampoo and conditioner and deep conditioner for a lot less than its actual price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use heat styling or blow dryers and since using this (two months), my split ends are getting split ends. Literally.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fine hair that is not exactly what you would call abundant. It is extremely fragile & colour treated. This shampoo has been working really well for me. I use it in conjunction with the matching conditioner & the K-Pak Revitaluxe. I really like them all.

I used the same shampoo & conditioner for many years & over the past 2 years, after some extreme stress, my hair was just looking worse than ever. Really damaged, dry, brittle, frizzy...all bad pretty much all the time no matter how I tried to style or hide it. I bought these joico products & noticed a difference from the first use (I believe most of the credit goes to the revitaluxe though).

This shampoo doesn't ruin my colour. Gives a nice, rich, creamy lather. I have never used it all on it's own, so I can't comment on that.