Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 25-29
Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair
K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

2.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

This product smells amazing and worked fine until the winter came along. I have never had dandruff or dry scalp in my life before! I'd like to believe the product is fantastic, but it really isnt. I have so much dry scalp in my hair after I use this product. It comes off as "high end" so I kept using it. Stupid me. I would sadly never buy this product again ever in my life!

on 11/8/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good product for people who color their hair and/or use heat to style. I have nearly platinum bleached hair that I straighten or curl occasionally (maybe once a week). I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment about once every 6 weeks, but I felt that I needed something else for inbetween treatments. My hair is somewhat weak so it breaks and dries out very easily.
I ordered this product from Walgreens for about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. I used it a couple of times a week for a while till I realized that it was just too much protein for my hair so it started going back to being dry and unmanageable. I started rotating this shampoo with others and now it works wonderfully. It makes my hair healthier, easier to comb through, and shinier than anything else I've tried. I also like that my hair feels even better the day after I wash it as it is not a tangled mess like when I use regular shampoos.
I like that I can rotate with other shampoos because this product is quite expensive. I paid about $15 for a 10oz bottle, which is not much but luckily I won't have to use it as often. It's a good product and definitely worth trying if you think that your hair needs it.
I will repurchase in the future.

on 12/24/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

If you chemically treat your hair on a regular basis, you need this shampoo in your stash. My hair is fine, naturally kinky 4a, relaxed and I permanently color twice a year and this has been such a great shampoo for my hair. Somehow while it leaves the hair soft and well-conditioned, it also puts strength back in too for a nice balance. Doesn't leave the hair stripped, nor weighed down. And the pH is perfect for the hair and scalp.

For those of you who try it once and hate it, give it a try for longer than that. I must admit the first two times I tried it, I was on the fence about it, but the third time was the charm and my hair has benefited ever since. I love the whole K-pak line and would definitely re-purchase, as I have many times already.

on 8/31/2008 7:18:00 AM

I think this is a pretty good shampoo, I use it with the hydrating treatment so maybe they just work well together :)

This is the worst shampoo I have ever useed! It doesn't lather worth crap!!!!! Just to get the slightest tad of lather (and I mean very very little!) I have to use at least 4 times more shampoo then I have ever had to use w/ any shampoo I have ever tried and still I do not get a real lather. Amazing how a brand that can make the best conditioner I have ever uswed K_Pal reconstruc conditioner, can make the worst shampoo from the same line! Awful awful awful!

on 11/25/2005 9:37:00 PM

This is the only shampoo that I can use. I searched for years for good shampoo. My hair has always been dry and brittle. I also could never grow my hair past my shoulders. I have alot of hair but the texture is very thin. So it is prone to break easily. Once I started I noticed immediate improvements. My hair started growing long and healthy. I have hair down to my mid-back now and it is beautiful. I try once and while to go with a diffrent shampoo but I notice my hair starting to dry out with anything else. I also use the conditioner and once a week the reconstructer. I am caucasion with dark hair and brown eyes. If you have dry and britte hair and want a great shampoo and healthy hair I would try this.

EDIT 5/10/08

About a year or so ago Joico reformulated the enitre Kpac line. The conditioner is still the same but the shampoo has really changed. I will not buy it any more! Please bring back the old shampoo! The new one is like anything generic that strips your hair of moisture. The old one was decadent and rich and made your hair luxe soft. I use Loreal Pro Absolut Repair now. It works as well as the old Kpac. I am just thanking god I found a shampoo quickly to replace the Kpac shampoo.

Popular Shampoos