Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 25-29
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 10/30/2002 2:20:00 PM

I started using the K-Pak shampoo, daily conditioner, reconstructor, and leave-in conditioner after I decided to change my haircolor (then messed up and had to dye over it again), and I swear that even when I had virgin hair, it was never this silky. Well worth the money, and I wish I'd known about K-Pak sooner!

on 2/11/2004 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ohhhhh the coconut, pina colada scent is great in the morning showers! As you can tell, I love this product. I have thick, straight hair that gets dyed frequently so this helps bring the shine back. Hair feels so silky after every use.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fairly decent shampoo. I just wish it had a bit more lather. I believe it has been very gentle to my dry, color-treated, damaged hair. I use this in conjunction with the reconstruting conditioner and also the treatment. Smell is great!

I have tried almost every shampoo. from drugstore brands to salon. this stuff, I will NEVER stop using.I was dying my hair alot and the color would never hold. gone in two weeks. (yes, even with salon stuff) I last dyed my hair with a SEMI- permanent dye and almost a month later the color is STILL there!! very gentle, nice scent, my hair has never looked better.teamed up with the daily conditioner and occasional use of reconstructor and I am one happy girl.will keep buying again and again...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. I rarely buy the same shampoo twice, and now that I'm getting to the bottom of this bottle I had been starting to look at reviews to decide what to try next. The reason I'm writing this review is because I realized I don't want to try something else! I have lots of fine, curly hair (but a TON of it) that's been treated terribly over the past year (repeated highlighting compounded with sun and salt water). It was course and frizzy and difficult to run my hands through. After using this stuff every time I wash my hair for the past month or so, my hair has found a new life. It's shiny, bouncy, and soft to the touch. Plus, any guy who smells my hair needs to lean in for another whiff. They love it! (NOTE: I've been using this in conjunction with the K-PAK Intense Hydrating Treatment, which I also love but don't think I'll buy again now that my hair is under control. I'll definitely be giving the daily conditioner a try, though.)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I found this shampoo and conditioner line to not be moisturizing enough and didn't detangle my long/fine/dry hair. I think there are much better products on the market today.

I had so many people recommend this that I was shocked when I actually tried it & didn't like it. I have nothg good to say about it, I used it in combination with the conditioner & my hair was so flat, it sucked the life right out of my curls. The over ripened banana smell was nauseating, I tried getting used to it thinking maybe I was just having a bad day but I used it for a week with no change. On the 8th day I used some L'Oreal shampoo I had laying around & my hair went back to it's old self again. Needless to say I won't be buying this again! Save your money!

i dont think i have ever called a product my HG but i think this might be it. this was on sale so i got the chance to try the K-Pak line. paid only 9.90 and that already includes the shampoo, conditioner and the reconstructor at 150ml each. i did not like the conditioner that much so i tried using the shampoo with my usual conditioner, in this case pantene, and wow! my hair was soft, smooth with massive shine!!! for the first time i felt like i dont have to put an anti frizz product on my hair. im really impressed by this stuff. though the regular price is quiet expensive, i dont mind paying that much as long as it works. and i hope it wont stop working for me coz right now my hair is loving this!

on 11/25/2005 9:37:00 PM

This is the only shampoo that I can use. I searched for years for good shampoo. My hair has always been dry and brittle. I also could never grow my hair past my shoulders. I have alot of hair but the texture is very thin. So it is prone to break easily. Once I started I noticed immediate improvements. My hair started growing long and healthy. I have hair down to my mid-back now and it is beautiful. I try once and while to go with a diffrent shampoo but I notice my hair starting to dry out with anything else. I also use the conditioner and once a week the reconstructer. I am caucasion with dark hair and brown eyes. If you have dry and britte hair and want a great shampoo and healthy hair I would try this.

EDIT 5/10/08

About a year or so ago Joico reformulated the enitre Kpac line. The conditioner is still the same but the shampoo has really changed. I will not buy it any more! Please bring back the old shampoo! The new one is like anything generic that strips your hair of moisture. The old one was decadent and rich and made your hair luxe soft. I use Loreal Pro Absolut Repair now. It works as well as the old Kpac. I am just thanking god I found a shampoo quickly to replace the Kpac shampoo.

This is the worst shampoo I have ever useed! It doesn't lather worth crap!!!!! Just to get the slightest tad of lather (and I mean very very little!) I have to use at least 4 times more shampoo then I have ever had to use w/ any shampoo I have ever tried and still I do not get a real lather. Amazing how a brand that can make the best conditioner I have ever uswed K_Pal reconstruc conditioner, can make the worst shampoo from the same line! Awful awful awful!

Popular Shampoos