Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair
K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 1/6/2019 11:48:00 AM

I bought this K Pak shampoo by mistake, instead of buying the Color Therapy version I usually use. The Color Therapy works well for my fine, highlighted hair that's prone to dryness and also getting weighed down. Having bought the wrong one I thought I'd try it out to see if I was missing out. The first few times of using this shampoo my hair felt a little silkier and not terribly weighed down, so I began to reconsider if I wanted to use this one after all. But after a few more uses my hair started to feel coated and limp, which doesn't happen with the Color Therapy one. So thumbs down for me on this one.

This product smells amazing and worked fine until the winter came along. I have never had dandruff or dry scalp in my life before! I'd like to believe the product is fantastic, but it really isnt. I have so much dry scalp in my hair after I use this product. It comes off as "high end" so I kept using it. Stupid me. I would sadly never buy this product again ever in my life!

on 11/16/2017 2:30:00 AM

I bought sample sizes of this and the K-PAK cond., both are fabulous. This combo so far has left my hair really soft, shiny and for some reason enhances my wavy hair! I'll keep using until the sample bottles are gone, but I'm pretty sure that I will purchase the full sizes. I'm impressed!!

on 10/11/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this, my hair(form dsoarhair.com) is oily at the roots and dry at first, but is generally pretty healthy. The problem I've had in the past with other shampoos is build up and getting really oily really fast and not feeling like my hair is clean at all. This cleans my hair without making it feel stripped. Sometimes I get dandruff on my hairline even if my hair is dirty/oily (weird contradiction I know!) and when I use this shampoo it completely fixes it without smelling like a disgusting dandruff-only shampoo (I've only known dandruff-fixing products to be smelly). I get a lot of volume from this shampoo too, and a nice amount of shine

on 4/27/2017 12:30:00 AM

I really don't understand why so many people are talking about the nice scent of this shampoo, I must have gotten an expired product or something because mine smells like rotten cheese bread it makes me want to gag

on 8/15/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo, my hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends, but is generally pretty healthy. The problem I've had in the past with other shampoos is build up and getting really oily really fast and not feeling like my hair is clean at all. This cleans my hair without making it feel stripped. Sometimes I get dandruff on my hairline even if my hair is dirty/oily (weird contradiction I know!) and when I use this shampoo it completely fixes it without smelling like a disgusting dandruff-only shampoo (I've only known dandruff-fixing products to be smelly). I get a lot of volume from this shampoo too, and a nice amount of shine.

on 3/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I would avoid this unless you have SEVERELY damaged hair as a result of bleaching or other chemical treatments - and even then I would suggest the K-pak Reconstructor in the same line (HG status) over this in a heartbeat. The latter delivers a healthy dose of protein without overdrying the hair or making it rough and frizzy like this shampoo does...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Joico, it's my favorite salon brand, but for the price, the k-pak formulas could perform better. It smells really good, but misses the mark. I seem to have more hair than normal going down with drain when rinsing. Not good. =/ Overall, I absolutley love this brand but the k-pak is only for very damaged hair, I didn't notice any improvement with mine and mine isn't overly damaged, just heat styled and color treated. I'll stick with the color and moisture lines, those are beyond amazing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought the shampoo with the conditioner on sale for $20 CDN.
It did nothing to my hair... it stayed dry and split-ended :(