Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 36-43
Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair
K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

2.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 PM

I love several Joico products, and use them regularly, just not this one. It is like an average drugstore shampoo with an overripe banana smell. It didn't improve the way my hair looks, but didn't make it worse or irritate my scalp either.
I have the same opinion of the conditioner as well. Both products are good for normal or slightly dry hair, but nothing to write home about. I don't think they are worth the splurge. I don't believe you need to use one product line exclusively to get great result, on the contrary.
If you want to try the K-Pak line, I suggest you to go with the Intense Hydrator or the Revitaluxe treatment. The Deep Penetrating Reconstructor didn't help my hair at all, so although it's another concentrated product of the line, I can't recommend that.
If you want a Joico shampoo, I suggest you to try Moisture Recovery, which is really good, and true to its name.

I have to add that my hair doesn't like heavy protein treatments, just light ones. This might be the reason why I had mixed feelings about this shampoo. I mostly used it in conjunction with the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, which is really heavy on protein, and also not suitable for my hair type.

on 12/31/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I only buy this bc my hair dresser told me too, bc my hair is so extremely fine and very dry from all the years of dyeing/bleaching etc. So I bought it along w/ the Kpac that she used on me in the salon, and I use it all religously, and the next time I went in, which was 3 mos. later, she told me I really need to start using the Joico products!!! Well, I have been, for the past 3 mos!!!! Then she said, "OH, well, your hair does seem to be a little better".....that makes me wonder, do they get some sort of "kick back" for recomending it or what? I haven't noticed anything different, and I use to use Pantene, which really didn't seem any different, just cheaper. I have yet to find a phenominal hair product..lol..but I continue to use it, in hopes that maybe it will work...
P.S. I did quit buying it from my salon, when I saw they sell it at KROGERs , its still expensive, but maybe a couple dollars cheaper.
usually when products start to be sold at the grocery store, they start recomending a new product.....hmmm

on 10/18/2008 3:38:00 AM

I really like this shampoo. I was a little wary, since many shampoos give me scalp problems, and I had been using only the most basic shampoos for a long time (e.g. Weleda). I ordered this along with the Reconstructor and the Intense Hydrator The shampoo is white and smells nice, sort of banana-like (but not over-ripe banana like the Reconstructor). A little goes a long way, so the huge bottle will last for ages. I like the way it feels quite luxurious when washing, soft and creamy, and leaves hair silky. So far it has not caused build-up or itching on my scalp and I've used it for over a month now. I'll keep this as my regular shampoo, alternating every now and then with a deep cleaning one. A+

on 6/18/2008 2:13:00 PM

If you need repair this has to be the shampoo? I ordered it at the internet.
What a lot of INCI's has this stuff i think this can't be healthy.
But maybe some people have advantage with this shampoo.
Myself ? This shampoo is a present for somebody else.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

For really dry and damaged hair, this entire line is outstanding, I alternate this with Amplyfy shampoo b/c my hair is super fine. NOTE: This isavailable in generic at Sally's yet.

on 3/14/2004 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this newer addition to the Joico line to be drying. Kerapro is a much, much better prduct. You can't go wrong if you stick with Joico's original formulations. P.S. The original K-Pak reconstructor is undeniably one of the best heavier conditioners/reconstructors on the market. Stay away from the K-Pak daily use products - they are the newer formulations and not the same!

on 6/24/2003 6:37:00 PM

Yuck! This is one of the MOST gunk-coating shampoos ever made. I felt like it never fully washed out of my hair and left a coating of gooey gunk which made my hair very coarse, unmanageable and stiff. It never did a thing as far as repairing/reconstructing my dry/bleached hair. If you have really fine/thin hair this might work for you since it seems to add volume via the thick coating of goo but I have a ton of hair so I found it turned me into "Medusa Woman" and left my hair dull and lifeless to boot!!
I'll go back to using my HG shampoo- Loreal Moisture Vive which is "The Bomb" imo.

Popular Shampoos