Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 36-43
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.0

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 3/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I would avoid this unless you have SEVERELY damaged hair as a result of bleaching or other chemical treatments - and even then I would suggest the K-pak Reconstructor in the same line (HG status) over this in a heartbeat. The latter delivers a healthy dose of protein without overdrying the hair or making it rough and frizzy like this shampoo does...

on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 PM

I love several Joico products, and use them regularly, just not this one. It is like an average drugstore shampoo with an overripe banana smell. It didn't improve the way my hair looks, but didn't make it worse or irritate my scalp either.
I have the same opinion of the conditioner as well. Both products are good for normal or slightly dry hair, but nothing to write home about. I don't think they are worth the splurge. I don't believe you need to use one product line exclusively to get great result, on the contrary.
If you want to try the K-Pak line, I suggest you to go with the Intense Hydrator or the Revitaluxe treatment. The Deep Penetrating Reconstructor didn't help my hair at all, so although it's another concentrated product of the line, I can't recommend that.
If you want a Joico shampoo, I suggest you to try Moisture Recovery, which is really good, and true to its name.

I have to add that my hair doesn't like heavy protein treatments, just light ones. This might be the reason why I had mixed feelings about this shampoo. I mostly used it in conjunction with the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, which is really heavy on protein, and also not suitable for my hair type.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fine hair that is not exactly what you would call abundant. It is extremely fragile & colour treated. This shampoo has been working really well for me. I use it in conjunction with the matching conditioner & the K-Pak Revitaluxe. I really like them all.

I used the same shampoo & conditioner for many years & over the past 2 years, after some extreme stress, my hair was just looking worse than ever. Really damaged, dry, brittle, frizzy...all bad pretty much all the time no matter how I tried to style or hide it. I bought these joico products & noticed a difference from the first use (I believe most of the credit goes to the revitaluxe though).

This shampoo doesn't ruin my colour. Gives a nice, rich, creamy lather. I have never used it all on it's own, so I can't comment on that.

on 11/30/2012 11:13:00 PM

I love using products that smells good! The fruit smell of this shampoo makes it a pleasure to use. I will never use any product if it doesn't smell good to me. Although this product includes parabens and sulfate, I still liked it. I have thick hair and had to put on more than your average person, but my hair feels silky and smooth. About a month ago my hair all of a sudden became very dry without any shine. A friend recommended the K-pak reconstruct and I am so delighted that I have followed her recommendation. After four washes I switched to my normal shampoo. I do plan to use this shampoo once a month.

on 9/18/2011 11:25:00 AM

I bought this based on reading MUA Haircare board raves. I bought it at Rite-Aid - not sure if that makes a difference. It feels wonderful when shampooing - doesn't feel harsh at all. Leaves my hair fairly soft. Only thing is I don't feel like my hair is all that clean when I use it. I most likely will not repurchase for that reason.

on 11/13/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have course, wavy hair that is constantly tangled after I wash it. Joico Reconstruct has changed my hair around from the professional line I was currently using. It is never tangled after my conditioning treatment.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I love this shampoo, doesn't dry out my scalp or give me dandruff and doesn't make my hair feel DRY. Just soft and clean. The only thing I don't like is that it makes my hair flat.

on 12/31/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I only buy this bc my hair dresser told me too, bc my hair is so extremely fine and very dry from all the years of dyeing/bleaching etc. So I bought it along w/ the Kpac that she used on me in the salon, and I use it all religously, and the next time I went in, which was 3 mos. later, she told me I really need to start using the Joico products!!! Well, I have been, for the past 3 mos!!!! Then she said, "OH, well, your hair does seem to be a little better".....that makes me wonder, do they get some sort of "kick back" for recomending it or what? I haven't noticed anything different, and I use to use Pantene, which really didn't seem any different, just cheaper. I have yet to find a phenominal hair product..lol..but I continue to use it, in hopes that maybe it will work...
P.S. I did quit buying it from my salon, when I saw they sell it at KROGERs , its still expensive, but maybe a couple dollars cheaper.
usually when products start to be sold at the grocery store, they start recomending a new product.....hmmm

on 10/18/2008 3:38:00 AM

I really like this shampoo. I was a little wary, since many shampoos give me scalp problems, and I had been using only the most basic shampoos for a long time (e.g. Weleda). I ordered this along with the Reconstructor and the Intense Hydrator The shampoo is white and smells nice, sort of banana-like (but not over-ripe banana like the Reconstructor). A little goes a long way, so the huge bottle will last for ages. I like the way it feels quite luxurious when washing, soft and creamy, and leaves hair silky. So far it has not caused build-up or itching on my scalp and I've used it for over a month now. I'll keep this as my regular shampoo, alternating every now and then with a deep cleaning one. A+

on 6/18/2008 2:13:00 PM

If you need repair this has to be the shampoo? I ordered it at the internet.
What a lot of INCI's has this stuff i think this can't be healthy.
But maybe some people have advantage with this shampoo.
Myself ? This shampoo is a present for somebody else.

Popular Shampoos