Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 25-29
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.6

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 4/23/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought mine of strawberrynet on sale (and on a whim).

Love this stuff. I get lots of compliments when I wash my hair with it so it has almost become my regular shampoo. I find using too many treatments that have protein in them can make your hair look like straw after awhile, but this somehow repairs your hair without doing that (I guess cause you wash it out :P). It also smells really good. If I can get it on sale (it was like $11) then I will definitely buy this again.

For reference - I have medium length type 1 hair that has been permemantly dyed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of Joico products and switched from the "BodyLuxe" to this one. I'm loosing much less hair in the shower and my hair is super soft. Unfortunately its pretty flat now but it was a sacrifice I had to make *volume or healthy. I bought it at a salon in the 3.7L jugs for $50each. It's basically like getting it 50% off if you buy in bulk. You just need to be sure you like it cause it will last you a year!

on 11/8/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good product for people who color their hair and/or use heat to style. I have nearly platinum bleached hair that I straighten or curl occasionally (maybe once a week). I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment about once every 6 weeks, but I felt that I needed something else for inbetween treatments. My hair is somewhat weak so it breaks and dries out very easily.
I ordered this product from Walgreens for about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. I used it a couple of times a week for a while till I realized that it was just too much protein for my hair so it started going back to being dry and unmanageable. I started rotating this shampoo with others and now it works wonderfully. It makes my hair healthier, easier to comb through, and shinier than anything else I've tried. I also like that my hair feels even better the day after I wash it as it is not a tangled mess like when I use regular shampoos.
I like that I can rotate with other shampoos because this product is quite expensive. I paid about $15 for a 10oz bottle, which is not much but luckily I won't have to use it as often. It's a good product and definitely worth trying if you think that your hair needs it.
I will repurchase in the future.

on 3/23/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after getting a full head of highlights and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a change I saw in one shampoo!! I love the smell too!

As someone that has jumped around for years trying to find a shampoo that won't weigh my hair down but still give me hydration and repair my dead locks, I've tried pretty much everything. After debating, I finally tried K Pak. I am in LOVE. K Pak is light weight enough for my hair (which is fine but I have a lot of it) but leaves it feeling very healthy and not dried to shit. The price is reasonable (for a salon brand, Joico makes honest claims, and doesn't charge an obscene amount for their products I feel). Anyone like me who is always experimenting with their hair be that, bleaching, coloring or anything of the like should try this out.

on 1/23/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got the reconstructor 2 years ago but I never felt that it did anything for me. At the time I wasn't coloring my hair and it was probably in the best shape it's ever been. Last summer I decided to go light auburn and I love everything about it, except that my un-ideal hair type to begin with has now become damaged. I'm sure I want to stay red for the forseeable future, so I've been on the hunt for products to help it look shiny and healthy. I came across this in a gift set with the shampoo and conditioner for only $12.50 (!) So I picked it up, curious to see how it worked and sort of amazed at the price. I love this stuff. The feel of the shampoo is rich and thick, and I like the smell. Combined with the conditioner, I find it's much easier to get a brush through my thin, easily knottable hair (I can fight for whole minutes with knots in the morning sometimes). Best of all my usually intensely puffy hair calms down and looks smoother and more controlled during the day. I'm considering getting the pump bottles next time I like this stuff so much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luckily I bought the small travel bottles of this shampoo and conditioner, because this didn't work out too well for me. For reference, my hair is medium length, normal, and curly. Since coloring my hair last summer, my hair is prone to dryness and frizz. After using both the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was very soft and smelled good. It wasn't until my hair air-dried that I really saw the results for my hair. It looked matted and dull and I had to re-wet my hair and put a leave-in to make my hair look decent. The shampoo is very gentle and the conditioner gets out knots pretty well, but unfotunately the dry down proved this is not an appropriate product for me even though my hair loves protein and I never had any problems with the other products in the line. I will save this duo for when my hair really needs it, but for now I'll try something else like the liquid reconstructor.

I bought this product because I heard sooo many great things about this product, when I used it the first time it was really nice, then about the third time I used it I had really bad dandruff and my hair was really oily!!! it sucks!!

on 3/21/2010 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This shampoo leaves my hair feeling so soft and shiny. I love the scent but it isn't very strong and once your hair is dry you can't really smell it very much. It's really repaired my chemically damaged hair. I've been getting alot of compliments on my hair lately and the only thing i've been doing differently is using this shampoo and conditioner! I would definitely buy this again and am now looking more in the this line of haircare. The price point is pretty decent for this quality of shampoo and you can find great deals at salons.

on 2/5/2010 7:23:00 PM

My hair was very damaged from flat ironing and bleaching it was breaking off and very dry so i started using this and the matching conditioner and reconstructor im now happy to say that my hair is on its way back to looking healthy and shiney again. If your hair is damaged i would recamend this. I will repurchase when i run out :)