Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
Joico K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair
K-PAK Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

4.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 12/29/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For starters, I have VERY dry hair. My hair is extremely frizzy and even though I get my hair trimmed every 2-3 months, I have major split ends. I don't use heat on my hair everyday and I use a heat protectant when I do, but my hair still felt dry. These were the conditions of my hair when I was using drugstore hair products such as Pantene or Herbal Essences. I finally broke down and bought this shampoo along with the conditioner. 2 months after using these, my hair is much much less frizzy and even when I let it air dry it's very hydrated and shiny.
When actually applying this product, a little goes a long way. It gets very soapy which I like, and it also washes out easily. It leaves my hair feeling clean but hydrated without leaving behind any residue or drying out my scalp.

Long story short, this shampoo along with the conditioner and Healthy Sexy Hair Tri-Wheat Soy Leave In Conditioner have left my hair in a much better state.

on 6/30/2012 9:33:00 AM

i love the kpak color therapy shampoo because it way more rich and moisturizing, BUT i use this shampoo when i want more volume in the crown area , since i have highlighted bleach blonde hair from a level 4N joico really keeps the damage away. this shampoo smells really weird but i like it now <3 happy joico days

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the all time best shampoo iv ever used and believe me iv used alot!!! (probably more than i should have) I have extremely oily roots and dry ends and this is perfect it cleans the oil and moisturizes my ends. I my hair was black for a long time and i recently took the black out and turned it into a medium blonde and this is the perfect shampoo my hair doesn't even look damaged.

on 9/3/2011 6:29:00 PM

Never before has a product made such dramatic difference as this. Before this I went silicone and sulfate free, but after a while that didn't work for me anymore. My hair started feeling coarse and greasy. So I walked in a random salon and asked them for the best shampoo they had and they recommended this. After washing with this once I already noticed a dramatic difference. My hair was just sooooo soft, smooth and shiney. People started commenting on how nice my hair looked too and the difference is very visible in photos as well (before & after k-pak).
I'm using this in conjunction with the conditioner but I think the shampoo makes the biggest difference. Once I went away for a weekend and only brought the shampoo, and my hair still looked amazing.
The biggest difference this product has made to my hair is unbelievable softness and shine. My frizz is greatly reduced. Like I said, I've never come across a single product that made such a dramatic difference, that includes non-hair beauty products!
Sometimes products work great for me at first but stop working for me after a while, but I've used up a whole bottle of this and it's still going strong. I've already repurchased the 1L bottle.
This shampoo does contain SLES, which is an ingredient I generally avoid in shampoo (and always avoid in skincare), but this shampoo has done 1000% more for my hair than any sulfate free shampoo ever did.
I find it to be very mild actually. Because of this I do let the shampoo soak in my hair for a minute or two before rinsing it out. If I don't do this my hair sometimes doesn't get completely clean. This mildness is a good thing in my opinion and after letting it soak in my hair is completely clean (I only wash my hair once each time).
I've let several of my friends try the shampoo and they are now hooked as well. My one friend never used to leave the house without flat ironing her hair and now she does.
Overall I think this is a fantastic product and I will gladly repurchase, even though I have to pay a lot more than it is sold for in the US since I live in Europe now and have to order online.
Update: I still love this product, but I can't use this every day anymore. The first couple of months my hair only started to get better with this (I suppose it was very damaged), but after that my hair started to feel a bit limp. I guess it had soaked up enough protein and was now saturated. I've since found out that for maintenance its best to use 1 protein treatment for every 3 moisturizing treatments. That's what I'm doing now and it works great. I still adore this shampoo and I will repurchase, but I now use it 1-2x a week instead of every day. The other days I use protein free hair products.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to get my hair in better shape as I dye it every 3 weeks (it grows 1inch in that time) so it is a little damaged, but using this in conjunction with the end repair, conditioner and daily protectant I have seen some promising results, it has been working nicely, but I do believe that using all the previous k-pak products along with this are helping the results, but over all I am happy and I think it smells quite nice too and the 1L pump bottle is great

on 11/13/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo is great for dry damaged hair. I have(had) really damaged hair that was unmanagable from bleaching and colouring. This shampoo I belive helped me out, it didnt "mend" my split ends but it made it feel healthier. This being said, my hair is a lot healthier now not just from the shampoo, from getting it cut alot and not using heat. Don't think it works as well on "heathy" hair...since its not desgined for that. Anyways if you have unhealthy hair, certanly give this and the condishiner a go!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have damaged hair and this is the only shampoo that when i rinse out my hair is not tangled or dry. Its the best shampoo for repairing hair as well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product right now. I just used it for the first time and it doesn't make my hair feel any softer than any other shampoo I've used in the past. I bought the 1L bottles so I'm gonna use the whole thing and then update. One good thing I can say about it is that it doesn't way down my hair.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see a lot of reviews on here saying that this shampoo didn't clean product build up out of their hair and they used it every day and they're not seeing results. That is because this shampoo/conditioner is not meant to be used every day. It doesn't "clean" your hair completely because the whole purpose is for this to replenish your hair with moisture that heat damage has robbed it of. With proper use, I find that this does wonders for my incredibly dry, coarse hair. I wash my hair every 3 days (I'm blessed with very thick hair that only gets greasy after about 5 days). I use this Joico every other washing. The other days I use Suave Humectant. Once every 2 weeks I use a CLARIFYING shampoo, which eliminates all product build up, but can be very drying and should not be used on a daily basis. This routine has worked wonders for me personally and I highly recommend this shampoo & conditioner. My hair has never been so manageable & moisturized! I bought both liters bottles from trade secret. They retail for about $28 each but they had a combo with both shamp.&condit. for $30! Basically BOGOF! Yes, it is quite pricey but it you only use it twice a week, a liter will last forever. Well worth the investment, ladies :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So far I THINK I like this? Lol I've only been using the shampoo and conditioner for a few days now. I bought the liter bottles for 20USD and got the deep conditioner for free (awesome deal! Go to Trade Secret :D). I really like the packaging other than a lot of people on here, it feels very fancy to me lol. And the smell isn't too too bad, they reformulated them so it's more of a tropical smell instead of bananas. But the deep conditioner smells like bananas, which smells disgusting, IMO. XD So, the shampoo and conditioner do make my hair soft, but it makes it frizzy. My hair is so frizzy that it looks fuzzy, which isn't very attractive. But, I can live with that, because I can use my Chi Silk Infusion which I adore. I'm hoping that after I start using it more it will make my hair smoother and shinier, because my hair rebels against being naturally shiny lol. I like it enough to use the liter bottles, though. I plan on highlighting my darkish hair so it's blond so I'm going to need a protein shampoo haha. I recommend it you give it a try!

Popular Shampoos