Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 19-24
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 10/11/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this, my hair(form dsoarhair.com) is oily at the roots and dry at first, but is generally pretty healthy. The problem I've had in the past with other shampoos is build up and getting really oily really fast and not feeling like my hair is clean at all. This cleans my hair without making it feel stripped. Sometimes I get dandruff on my hairline even if my hair is dirty/oily (weird contradiction I know!) and when I use this shampoo it completely fixes it without smelling like a disgusting dandruff-only shampoo (I've only known dandruff-fixing products to be smelly). I get a lot of volume from this shampoo too, and a nice amount of shine

on 4/27/2017 12:30:00 AM

I really don't understand why so many people are talking about the nice scent of this shampoo, I must have gotten an expired product or something because mine smells like rotten cheese bread it makes me want to gag

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this shampoo. It smells yummy and works well on my fine hair. It leaves it soft, clean, and looking good all day. The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it's $20+ here in Vancouver... I've tried better shampoos like Redken that run for $16 for the same size, so... I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have tried better for a lower price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought the shampoo with the conditioner on sale for $20 CDN.
It did nothing to my hair... it stayed dry and split-ended :(

on 3/18/2015 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner for about 2-3 months. It never really did much for my thin and dry hair. The shampoo wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything special. I really hated the conditioner. I'm used to drugstore conditioners and was really surprised at how runny the conditioner it was. I had to use a LOT to fully condition my hair. I also noticed quite a bit of hair falling out since using this shampoo and conditioner, so I'm definitely not going to repurchase.
Going to try some Costco shampoo, heard they have some good ones for a lot cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think people don't really understand this product or how to use it. There is a way to tell if your hair needs moisture or protein..if you over flow it with the other when you need the opposite, things won't turn out well. Here's how you do it(credit to: kinkycurlycoilyme):
"To do the strand test, take one of your ‘shed’ hairs and wet it. (Note, the difference between a ‘shed’ hair and a hair that has broken off is the ‘shed’ hair will have a little white bulb on the end)

While holding each end of the hair and stretching it:

-If the hair stretches slightly and returns to its original length without breaking, you are balanced.

-If the hair stretches and continues to stretch or stretches a little more than it should and then breaks (snaps), then you need more protein in your regimen.

-If the hair has very little to no stretch to it and instantly breaks(snaps), then you need more moisture in your regime.

Now, other than conducting the strand test, you can also tell by how your hair feels.

-While wet, if your hair feels weak, gummy, very stringy, or limp, you need protein.

-While dry, if your hair feels hard, dry, tangly, brittle, weak or any combination, you need moisture"

If you give your hair protein when it needs moisture, it will clearly end up drier and tougher. It appears more damaged. That's called over flowing the protein!!! If you give it when it NEEDS it(say after a bleach when your hair is gummy as hell, or after color oops) your hair will be glorious. I fry my hair every few weeks from bleaching. There's no avoiding it. This stuff starts off making my hair look frizzy when it's drying, but when it DOES dry completely it is smooth and makes my hair gorgeous. If you want moisture, try the Moisture Recovery shampoo or a deep conditioner.

on 12/24/2014 11:22:00 AM

Nice shampoo that lathers pretty well!

I love the smell of it! it's like bananas/pineapple mix haha

Didn't strip my hair

on 10/21/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am shocked to see all these negative reviews on this product. I have fine black hair with colour.
I was recommended this product by my hairdresser, i have severe damaged hair from DIY bleaching and constant colouring. Not to mention i was my hair everyday, blow-dry and straighten.

But despite all that this shampoo is by far the best i have come across. I will admit it's EXPENSIVE and through my experience with this product for a good year its kept my hair together. After every wash my hair would feel so light and smooth and I'm constantly asked by my gfs what i am doing to my hair.

I won't say its the best ever but defiantly worth a try!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is a nice, protein rich shampoo that I've been using every other wash. It really strengthens my fine hair and makes my highlights look brighter. It has a great lather, a light coconut smell, and a creamy consistency. My dad's girlfriend gave this to me so I don't know if I will repurchase because it's kind of expensive but maybe I'll buy it again. It's a pretty big bottle and lasts a long time. What I don't like is how hard the bottle is; I try to always cut my tubes and bottles open to get all the product out. This bottle would need a heavy duty saw and I'm not doing all that. I'll probably just add water to get the last bit out. I have natural, afro-textured hair that is abundant and fine--this shampoo is great before a blow out.

***Update***
I just used this yesterday and felt like updating this review based on the more negative ones I've read. I love this shampoo because it makes my curls clump together which is something no other shampoo has done. It's like a protein treatment and you MUST deep condition after. I noticed some people experience hair loss after using this and just wanted to say that after using this shampoo you really shouldn't try to detangle. If you've ever used the aphogee 2 step protein treatment then you have an idea of how hard your hair will be after using this shampoo. DON'T comb or brush your hair because it'll just snap off. Add globs of conditioner (without protein--check the ingredients), put on a plastic cap (or trash bag lol), and either sit under a warm dryer for 15-20mins or take a nap/do housework for a few hours. The point is, after using this shampoo your hair will be in a fragile state and will need some TLC. If you just use some cheap conditioner on your ends and rake a comb/brush through it then you WILL lose a bunch of hair. Also, for the people talking about bulidup..don't use this shampoo everyday! I use it twice a month max--alternate it with a moisturizing shampoo especially if you wash your hair every day or every other day. Use a clarifying shampoo at least once a month to get rid of buildup--this is especially important if you use products that contain silicone (again, check the ingredients).

I don't understand the "rotten bananas smell" thing. I hate bananas and I assure you this shampoo doesn't smell like that. It has a light coconut scent. It also lathers very well; I shampoo twice and the second shampoo has the best lather.

I hope this update is helpful to someone who is considering trying this shampoo. I know that Joico doesn't give all this extra info on the bottle's directions but you have to look at the ingredients and learn what they are doing to your hair! :) good luck!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this shampoo with the coordinating conditioner for the last year and I can say that I will never stop purchasing them. I have platinum blonde hair that it to my waist. With bleaching and heat styling, my hair is very fragile. This shampoo and conditioner is the perfect match for my hair. The shampoo gently cleanses and does not strip your hair. After rinsing, you can still feel moisture in your hair. The consistency is rich and creamy. It lathers up very nice. The smell is amazing. Not too strong, just the right amount of fragrance. This product (shampoo and conditioner) has brought my hair back to life and has contributed to its overall health. The shampoo and conditioner can be a little pricey, but Ulta usually has a good deal on them when they have their liter sale. Definitely give this a try and I guarantee you will fall in love.

Popular Shampoos