Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 5/8/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is review for the entire K-pak reconstructor line since I bought it in a whole set, 4 products - shampoo, conditioner and 2 types of masks to use alternatively.
It's true that after you use this shampoo your hair will be very dry and frail and it definitely needs a treatment, best from this line, to compensate somehow. After first uses my hair did feel smoother but it would get too oily very soon which is shocking for me since my hair is dry (naturally so and heat styles because it's curly).
My scalp would get itchy and oily which is also news to me.After the stylist noticed this too I decided to give up this line because itchy and oily may mean losing hair because too much oil suffocates the follicle and it may die because of it. I tried using their Clarifying shampoo because I thought too much protein may be the cause. But it did not help much and the problem would come back every time I used the K-pak shampoo.
I know this line caused this because the problems stopped immediately after I stopped using it.
It's not the first time Joico shampoos and conditioner seem to sicken my scalp. Unlike their styling products that caused no problem so far (apart from the K-pak styling products that I never used because of this freaky experience with the treatment line).

on 11/16/2013 2:10:00 PM

I head great things about this shampoo but it just did not work for me. It makes my fine hair very oily, and the conditioner does not condition my hair. It kind of smells like rotting bananas, but its a scent that you get used to. The shampoo and conditioner are both very liquidy, I prefer a thicker consistency. It does not leave my hair feeling nice at all, no-name drugstore brands make my hair feel a lot smoother and softer than this. It leaves a lot of residue and my scalp around the front of my head feels heavy with oil and unclean after using this shampoo, while the back of my head feels dry, as it has dried out my ends. Definitely would not recommend this, try a sample before you spend the money. Fortunately I bought mine at Ulta in a bundle of shampoo and conditioner and deep conditioner for a lot less than its actual price.

on 6/12/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First off, I have thick, dry, damaged, frizzy hair. I find it sooo hard to find products that make it silky,shiny, smooth and managable, but the K-PAK range is amazing! Joico is my favourite brand when it comes to hair care and it's the only thing I use now. K-PAK is my absolute favourite so far and I'll always come back to it. I got a set of the Shampoo, Conditioner and K-PAK revitaluxe treatment (which is literally the best thing I've ever tried on my hair) and now i'm so in love. Plus the K-PAK range smells AMAZING, all Joico products do which is always important in hair products to me. But anyway, I highly reccomend the Shampoo, it's the only shampoo which doesn't make my hair feel super tangly and weird after I've used it, and it obviously works best using the K-PAK conditioner as well :)

on 3/18/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have a long, frizzy and wavy mess of hair. I've been straightening/curling my hair for about 2 years now (once a month), but my hair was still dead and dry. I lathered, rinsed and repeated with the shampoo, then used the matching conditioner. I towel dried my hair for about an hour and then I was shocked when I took the towel off! I can't remember the last time my hair *looked* healthy! My hair wasn't tangled and dry like it usually is with my daily shampoo/conditioner, and it felt really soft :) After my first time trying, I think I'm hooked! Hopefully I'll be able to see the "reconstructive" properties with enough uses!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo is great! My hair was actually falling out a lot, so I switched to this shampoo (as it has protein in it) and I love love love it!It makes my hair feel strong, and when I straighten it, it's shiny (my natural hair is super wild and you'd never be able to tell).
That being said, it's pretty expensive (17 $ for the small one... no thanks) so I always buy it on sale from Trade secrets, when they put out the huge jug for 20$, or from Lisa's Cosmetics sales...

anyway after finishing one bottle of the shampoo, I thought about switching (I get bored, ok?) so I got a head and shoulders shampoo.... lo and behold my hair fell out in chunks...I used if for a week or two to make sure it wasn't a one-time thing.... it wasn't. So I switched back to this shampoo, and from the very first use, it was stronger, healthier, and shinier

My hair dresser recomended this for me to my mom because my hair is nautrally curly and very dry and brittle. I wasn't too impressed. It's not the worst but it's far too over priced for the quality. The stuff at Walmart works just as well.

on 8/22/2011 12:20:00 AM

Had to stop using this after less than a week. Made my hair feel/look coarse and greasy... $40 bucks down the drain. It's smell is nice though.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this joico shampoo and conditioner If your looking for something to reduce frizz I don't recommend you buying this product but I do think this makes my hair soft and a little bit more moistured. I would go but this product again I have the big liter ones and I will use them up(:

Oh my gosh I hate this product. For $15, I'd never repurchase this. I got it on sale for $20 for both the shampoo and conditioner and even though the shampoo is ok, I feel like $4 shampoos from the drugstore have left my hair cleaner and softer and shinier. It smells awful and it doesn't really remove any product build up, which is strange because it didn't clean my hair but it made it slightly drier but oilier at the same time. I heard so many good things about this but I hate it. Maybe I'll try the daily moisture one but because of my experience with k-pak, I'm not sure if I'll shell out another $20 for shampoo and conditioner from Joico or other of their products

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this, it helps to counteract the damage I subject my hair to on a daily basis LOL. I blowdry my hair straight and quickly go over it with a flat iron. This products helps keep my hair strong, softer and in better condition despite what I do to it. Will repurchase!

Popular Shampoos