LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

LUSH Angels on Bare Skin
Angels on Bare SkinAngels on Bare SkinBefore and after using Lush facial care productsAngels on Bare SkinLUSH • Angels on Bare Skin • Cleanser

3.9

Ground AlmondsGlycerineKaolinWater (Aqua)Lavender OilRose AbsoluteChamomile Blue OilTagetes OilBenzoin ResinoidLavender Flowers*Limonene*Linalool

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my new favorite exfoliator. I only use it as such after I've removed my makeup and cleansed my skin thoroughly, I don't think it'd be wise to use this to remove makeup. I like to let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before I rinse it off like a mask. This has done wonders for my skin. It is fantastic at gently exfoliating and doesn't break me out. Is it messy and hard to use in the shower? Yes, but it's worth it for how amazing my skin looks and feels after I use it. Put down the apricot scrub and try this instead!

usually my face only get breakout at the time of the month,i notice my face getting breakout 1-2 small and big pimples each day by using this for 1 week,now im stop using this ☹️,my face stop have active breakout like 4 years ago.. going to use herbalism soon,hope it suit me well

Amazing. Did not break me out. Leaves a little oil residue after wash which i understand was coming from lavender oil. However it's expensive for a natural cleanser, so i'll only purchase it when i have extra budget.

I really, really don't like the smell of this. I think it's the mix of lavender and rose but I just can't stand it.

This mask doesn't seem to exfoliate much (I suppose that's on purpose as it's intended for sensitive skin) and after use my skin really doesn't feel that much cleaner. I've been using herbalism and dark angels so in comparison, this just seems so lack luster. The other two leave my skin noticeably clean and cleansed and I feel like i've really softened my skin. I don't feel like i've done anything when I use this.

If you have sensitive skin this may be something you like, but if you don't like the smell of rose or lavender, make sure to smell it before you buy it.

on 5/1/2017 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just no. The two stars are for the scent and the fact that it's an ok foot wash. I have sensitive skin, combo leaning dry, and was in Lush for some body products and picked this up since I was out of face wash. Well, that was a waste of money. This crumbly, rough mud-like thing in a jar smells strongly of lavender. I dislike the packaging bc when you try to get product out, drops of water will inevitably get inside and gunk it up. When you mix it with water to use it, little bits will get all over your sink. When you rub it on your face, little bits will get in your hair, on your clothes and, again, all over your sink. Since the exfoliating bits (ground almonds) are quite large, I tried to not get it close to my eyes. And honestly, I think a facewash that can't be used around the eyes is kind of a rip-off, bc then I need a separate cleanser or something to get the residue from my eye makeup remover off. In my jar there were loads of little lavender pieces, that felt slightly irritating to the skin. It still confuses me why companies put lavender -in- products and claim they're calming, when lavender essential oil is quite the opposite. The calming effect is in the scent, not in topical application. Anywho - if you wanna spend a bunch of money on a crusty, gritty, messy jar of irritants, this is your chance! If not, step slowly away from the jar of mud and spend your money on something that's -actually- mild and soothing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for about a week and usually I wait longer to judge but omg. I love it. My skin has become sensitive and breaks out easily as I've entered my mid 30's. A lot of face cleansers leave my face red when I get out of the shower. But not this one. I was a little skeptical to use this because I hear lavender oil is bad for your skin but other sources say it's good for your skin. Idk but I use this only as my morning cleanse and when I get out of the shower my face is calm and not as dry as with most other cleansers. I say not as dry because I have Extremely dry skin so everything makes it feel tight even just washing with water. Anyways my skin is calm and not red and I noticed the few pimples I did have calmed down and have quickly gone away. If you are used to foaming cleansers this may take some getting used to because you mix it with water to make a paste and wash your face. The clay in it is what cleanses your skin so there is no need for foaming. And the lavender smell is heavenly. The grains are gentle which I like so it's a very light exfoliation. I know I know it's weird it doesn't foam but trust me you get used to it. The only con is that the shelf life is 3 months but it makes sense since it's natural fresh ingredients. Except the parabens but you gotta have some type of stabilizer for these ingredients. Anyways get a sample if you can or have the LUSH employees test it out on your hand or something.

I really like do AOBS, I swear. Unfortunately, my oily/acne prone skin doesn't </3. After a week or so of using this every morning I was seeing more acne than usual (even a few small ones on my cheeks - usually breakouts are only on my t-zone.) I stuck with it till the end of the pot though. Ironically enough, while breaking my out, Angels also managed to minimize the appearance and overall severity of my breakouts.

on 2/16/2017 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first week or so, I really liked this cleanser. Used it every day. It had a lavender scent which I really enjoyed, it made my skin feel soft and moisturized.

After about a week, I started noticing red dots on my cheeks. They looked a bit like cystic acne, but not as big. I felt a slight itching and it really made me less confident in my skin. I've never had any big skin issues, except for tiny pimples on my forehead.

I had to see my doctor and ask her for some help. I've never reacted to any products, so this was not a pleasant experience. It was probably the lavender that messed up my skin.

All in all, I will NOT buy this again.

on 2/5/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good for sensitive skin

on 1/25/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is a game changer for me, and unexpectedly so. I always disliked that Lush's skincare is so heavily scented because I associated that with irritating my skin. I used to use Simple's skincare line which is scent-free and non-irritating but doesn't really do much for my skin. I'm 27 years old with combination skin, I'm prone to breakouts and my skin can look oily by the end of the day.
I went into Lush and the sales associate talked me into this to help even out my skin tone (one of my biggest issues) and to clear up these small forehead spots I had been getting for months. This product is weird to use, you have to grab a small chunk and mix it with a decent amount of warm water to make a paste, and then distribute it on both hands and rub it into your face. It's weird and can be messy but DAMN it gives amazing results hahaha. My skin tone has evened out so much to a point where I don't even need cover up. I still have small spots here and there but nothing intense. I use this with a homemade tea tree toner and Lush's Celestial moisturizer. Celestial is rich and I didn't expect it to be good for my skin, but it absorbs and makes me skin soft and doesn't break me out dispute having cocoa butter in it. This combo is very nurishing and comfortable. I am so surprised in Lush's skincare, it's worked wonders so far. Can't wait to try the Mask of Magnaminty!