LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

LUSH Angels on Bare Skin
Angels on Bare SkinAngels on Bare SkinBefore and after using Lush facial care productsAngels on Bare SkinLUSH • Angels on Bare Skin • Cleanser

3.9

Ground AlmondsGlycerineKaolinWater (Aqua)Lavender OilRose AbsoluteChamomile Blue OilTagetes OilBenzoin ResinoidLavender Flowers*Limonene*Linalool

on 2/16/2017 11:47:00 AM

The first week or so, I really liked this cleanser. Used it every day. It had a lavender scent which I really enjoyed, it made my skin feel soft and moisturized.

After about a week, I started noticing red dots on my cheeks. They looked a bit like cystic acne, but not as big. I felt a slight itching and it really made me less confident in my skin. I've never had any big skin issues, except for tiny pimples on my forehead.

I had to see my doctor and ask her for some help. I've never reacted to any products, so this was not a pleasant experience. It was probably the lavender that messed up my skin.

All in all, I will NOT buy this again.

on 2/5/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good for sensitive skin

on 1/25/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is a game changer for me, and unexpectedly so. I always disliked that Lush's skincare is so heavily scented because I associated that with irritating my skin. I used to use Simple's skincare line which is scent-free and non-irritating but doesn't really do much for my skin. I'm 27 years old with combination skin, I'm prone to breakouts and my skin can look oily by the end of the day.
I went into Lush and the sales associate talked me into this to help even out my skin tone (one of my biggest issues) and to clear up these small forehead spots I had been getting for months. This product is weird to use, you have to grab a small chunk and mix it with a decent amount of warm water to make a paste, and then distribute it on both hands and rub it into your face. It's weird and can be messy but DAMN it gives amazing results hahaha. My skin tone has evened out so much to a point where I don't even need cover up. I still have small spots here and there but nothing intense. I use this with a homemade tea tree toner and Lush's Celestial moisturizer. Celestial is rich and I didn't expect it to be good for my skin, but it absorbs and makes me skin soft and doesn't break me out dispute having cocoa butter in it. This combo is very nurishing and comfortable. I am so surprised in Lush's skincare, it's worked wonders so far. Can't wait to try the Mask of Magnaminty!

I got a sample of this with my Lush online order. I've used the product three times now and it broke me out terribly. Two big pimples on my forehead and one painful one on my chin. I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately my sensitive and breakout-prone skin didn't enjoy it :(

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a staple in my shower, though in the Winter I find it is interchangeable with it's "sister" Buche De Noel. Of the two I would still probably choose AOBS because it smells so nice and leaves my skin feeling supple and moisturized without leaving a film. Though it may seem pricey for a facewash, the tub really lasts and you decide how much to use. I consider this gentle enough for everyday use, but it is exfoliating so use according to your skin type. If you have dry or combo skin, or just want a nice gentle exfoliant, I would highly recommend trying this.

I only need a pinch for my face and neck/chest area, and hardly any water, but be sure to use this in the shower because the little bits go everywhere! And don't let water get into the container, it will ruin the product eventually. When you finish using this stuff save the tub too, once you return six of them to Lush you get a free face mask that is 100% worth it. The best part is you can go into any Lush and they will give you a generous sample of this, so you can find out for free if it works for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I've come to the conclusion that Lush's skincare is not for me. But let me focus on this product specifically. I've been using this for the past month now and my skin's texture went from baby smooth to a rough, bumpy, rash-like appearance. Never in my 15 years of experimenting with face cleansers have I ever experienced this. Cleansers either do nothing for me or cleans out my pores well. But this was a whole different story. At first, it seemed to be exfoliating well and smoothing out my skin but after the second week of use, then I noticed what was going on. When I apply my foundation, my skin looks horrible and grit like. I'll be throwing out the rest of this pronto. The only good thing I can say is that it smells fantastic, like lavender and herbs.

on 9/30/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it as my daily morning cleanser and I'm left with a fresh, bright and glowy skin! I find this cleanser to be quiet moisturising in contrast to what im normally used to, while still providing gentle yet effective physical exfoliation.

I can't see myself turning away from this cleanser anytime soon!

It took me a few goes to get used to the product and find my way of using it. So if you try it and don't think anything is working , keep pursuing. This is a great product for sensitive skin! It's one of my favourite skincare products from lush. I can always depend on Angels on Bare Skin to keep my skin in great shape!

Pros:
- smells decent
- moistruzing
- consist of natural ingredients
- does a good job cleansing

Cons:
- clog up sinks
- leave a thin film on skin

I prefer Clinique take the day off and Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser which works wonders and large tube last longer, also comes with smaller size so I can travel with it. This is not convenient to bring around.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING.

It leaves my skin so, so soft and I love using this during mornings and occasionally, evenings! The product doesn't dry out or irritate my skin so I feel comfortable with using this every day. The smell is quite strong but I really like it so that doesn't bother me.

I've used this on my mum and my brother, and they both reacted to the product the same way as I did. They loved the outcome!

The product is a tad bit pricey (14,95€ in Finland) but that's what you would expect from Lush and from a beauty brand that's organic. I also love that it doesn't have plastic beads in it like other brands that you find in stores do. That means that it's good for the Earth's waters and I can use it as much as I please!