LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

LUSH Angels on Bare Skin
Angels on Bare SkinAngels on Bare SkinBefore and after using Lush facial care productsAngels on Bare SkinLUSH • Angels on Bare Skin • Cleanser

3.9

Ground AlmondsGlycerineKaolinWater (Aqua)Lavender OilRose AbsoluteChamomile Blue OilTagetes OilBenzoin ResinoidLavender Flowers*Limonene*Linalool

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For skin type reference, I have very dry, acne-prone skin, and I often get eczema around my mouth and on the sides of my nose. I need to exfoliate with an AHA twice a week, otherwise the dry flakes build up on my face and look chunky. I don't have major issues with pores or sensitivity, although my eczema can get a little irritated if I use products with lots of fragrance.

It's rare to find a product that helps to clear acne without being drying, but this cleanser has done it! I was initially worried that it would dry my skin out, but it hasn't done that at all. My face still needs a rich moisturiser, but it doesn't leave me with that horrible stretched and tight feeling that drying cleansers do. It has helped me enormously with my acne and built-up skin flakes. The ground almonds gently exfoliate the dead skin away and leave my face feeling very soft and smooth, and my acne has cleared up.

This product has a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of it it is easy to pinch off the right size of product and add the right amount of water. It's easy to wash off, either in the shower or with a facecloth, and so long as you don't splash water everywhere, it doesn't get your sink messy.

I do not have sensitive skin so cannot comment on potential irritants, but this product does not irritate my eczema around my mouth.

I really like this cleanser and am surprised that it works so well considering how simple the formula is. I will definitely repurchase it when I use it up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am someone with oily skin and I tried this cleanser last year. A year later I am still using, it is the best cleanser I have ever used. I use this cleanser every night after I take my makeup off and it really gets down deep and removes any makeup remnants I may have missed and clears the excess oil on my face off so I am left with skin that feels clean and fresh without my skin feeling tight like some cleansers do and that's because this cleanser while removing oil and dirt is not stripping the skin. I also get redness on my face which completely disappears after I use this. Make sure not to get water into the container though because the cleanser will break down more quickly and not last you as long as if you keep it dry. My only complaint about this cleanser would be that I tend to go through it very quickly and I make sure not to use too much whenever I use it but other than that I love this cleanser. If you have oily skin I would highly recommend giving this cleanser a try, you get 100G for $17.50.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my new favorite exfoliator. I only use it as such after I've removed my makeup and cleansed my skin thoroughly, I don't think it'd be wise to use this to remove makeup. I like to let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before I rinse it off like a mask. This has done wonders for my skin. It is fantastic at gently exfoliating and doesn't break me out. Is it messy and hard to use in the shower? Yes, but it's worth it for how amazing my skin looks and feels after I use it. Put down the apricot scrub and try this instead!

I really, really don't like the smell of this. I think it's the mix of lavender and rose but I just can't stand it.

This mask doesn't seem to exfoliate much (I suppose that's on purpose as it's intended for sensitive skin) and after use my skin really doesn't feel that much cleaner. I've been using herbalism and dark angels so in comparison, this just seems so lack luster. The other two leave my skin noticeably clean and cleansed and I feel like i've really softened my skin. I don't feel like i've done anything when I use this.

If you have sensitive skin this may be something you like, but if you don't like the smell of rose or lavender, make sure to smell it before you buy it.

Amazing. Did not break me out. Leaves a little oil residue after wash which i understand was coming from lavender oil. However it's expensive for a natural cleanser, so i'll only purchase it when i have extra budget.

usually my face only get breakout at the time of the month,i notice my face getting breakout 1-2 small and big pimples each day by using this for 1 week,now im stop using this ☹️,my face stop have active breakout like 4 years ago.. going to use herbalism soon,hope it suit me well

on 5/1/2017 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just no. The two stars are for the scent and the fact that it's an ok foot wash. I have sensitive skin, combo leaning dry, and was in Lush for some body products and picked this up since I was out of face wash. Well, that was a waste of money. This crumbly, rough mud-like thing in a jar smells strongly of lavender. I dislike the packaging bc when you try to get product out, drops of water will inevitably get inside and gunk it up. When you mix it with water to use it, little bits will get all over your sink. When you rub it on your face, little bits will get in your hair, on your clothes and, again, all over your sink. Since the exfoliating bits (ground almonds) are quite large, I tried to not get it close to my eyes. And honestly, I think a facewash that can't be used around the eyes is kind of a rip-off, bc then I need a separate cleanser or something to get the residue from my eye makeup remover off. In my jar there were loads of little lavender pieces, that felt slightly irritating to the skin. It still confuses me why companies put lavender -in- products and claim they're calming, when lavender essential oil is quite the opposite. The calming effect is in the scent, not in topical application. Anywho - if you wanna spend a bunch of money on a crusty, gritty, messy jar of irritants, this is your chance! If not, step slowly away from the jar of mud and spend your money on something that's -actually- mild and soothing.

I really like do AOBS, I swear. Unfortunately, my oily/acne prone skin doesn't </3. After a week or so of using this every morning I was seeing more acne than usual (even a few small ones on my cheeks - usually breakouts are only on my t-zone.) I stuck with it till the end of the pot though. Ironically enough, while breaking my out, Angels also managed to minimize the appearance and overall severity of my breakouts.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for about a week and usually I wait longer to judge but omg. I love it. My skin has become sensitive and breaks out easily as I've entered my mid 30's. A lot of face cleansers leave my face red when I get out of the shower. But not this one. I was a little skeptical to use this because I hear lavender oil is bad for your skin but other sources say it's good for your skin. Idk but I use this only as my morning cleanse and when I get out of the shower my face is calm and not as dry as with most other cleansers. I say not as dry because I have Extremely dry skin so everything makes it feel tight even just washing with water. Anyways my skin is calm and not red and I noticed the few pimples I did have calmed down and have quickly gone away. If you are used to foaming cleansers this may take some getting used to because you mix it with water to make a paste and wash your face. The clay in it is what cleanses your skin so there is no need for foaming. And the lavender smell is heavenly. The grains are gentle which I like so it's a very light exfoliation. I know I know it's weird it doesn't foam but trust me you get used to it. The only con is that the shelf life is 3 months but it makes sense since it's natural fresh ingredients. Except the parabens but you gotta have some type of stabilizer for these ingredients. Anyways get a sample if you can or have the LUSH employees test it out on your hand or something.

on 2/16/2017 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first week or so, I really liked this cleanser. Used it every day. It had a lavender scent which I really enjoyed, it made my skin feel soft and moisturized.

After about a week, I started noticing red dots on my cheeks. They looked a bit like cystic acne, but not as big. I felt a slight itching and it really made me less confident in my skin. I've never had any big skin issues, except for tiny pimples on my forehead.

I had to see my doctor and ask her for some help. I've never reacted to any products, so this was not a pleasant experience. It was probably the lavender that messed up my skin.

All in all, I will NOT buy this again.