2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This product is not very moisturizing and has a very different consistency than other lip balms. I really wanted to like this product since it's organic and it has spf but I don't think I will repurchase this.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

11 years ago

I've been trying to find a lip product that is moisturizing enough for my super dry, chapped lips, but also has sun protection. I tried this, and was disappointed. First, I wish they all came in clear! The two colored ones are very slightly tinted, but have shimmer in them, which I really dislike. Second, the darker color I probably could have lived with if it weren't for the crazy shimmer, but the light pink one was way too frosty for my skin tone. Third, I didn't find these moisturizing at all. They did act as a fair moisture barrier, but they didn't do anything for my chapped lips. Also, because they're so hard and waxy, I can't imagine being able to put this on top of my GB lip treatment. The worst part is that it would cost as much as the entire set to just buy and ship the Naturally Clear balm from Juice Beauty's website, and I wouldn't pay $15 just for one of these.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I love these, but my favorite shade, Delightful, has been discontinued. The new Juice Beauty Lip Trio comes in Naturally Clear, Joyful, and Playful, with only SPF 8. Too bad. I am Asian with a tan, and my lips are naturally very pigmented. Plum shades tend to flatter me most. Joyful is lighter than my natural lips, Playful is too red for my tanned face in the summer (ok for my pale winter face though), and berry-purply Delightful is great for me all year round. They do last a long time (6 months and going!), probably because they are harder than other lip balms. Tip: they get softer and glide more easily when they're warmed up--I keep one in my jeans pocket and never had a problem with chalkiness. =) Other details: These are very sheer, which I love. I usually use them on top of a layer of Chapstick to get the extra moisture I need--I'm a swimmer, and all that regular chlorine exposure sure dries up my lips! I'm experimenting with other brands because I want more shine than this provides (sorry, Juice Beauty). This product does not tingle, nor is it minty or noticeably flavored or perfumed. A 3-stick package (one color each) goes for $15; I can't find any individual sticks for sale. If you go to Whole Foods, sometimes they'll have testers out so you can play with the colors. Overall, I highly recommend these for sheer, convenient, natural-looking, no-mirror-needed color (and sun protection too!).

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

12 years ago

These are not bad, but they're not great either. Pros: they smell fantastic, they are not goopy, the colors are subtle but flattering for my coloring (dark blonde hair/fair skin), the packaging is convenient, the price is right, they last forever. Cons: they feel almost stiff on my lips (impossible to forget I'm wearing this lip balm) and are not very moisturizing. I have dry lips so this is not ideal for me, I think I'll stick with a different brand in the future.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

These are almost the perfect tinted balms. In terms of appearance, they are exactly what I look for in a tinted lip balm. They aren't lipsticky or glossy. They don't give a "lip gloss shine," they give your lips the sheen that normal balms do. They have no shimmer, no glitter - just a tint of subtle-yet-true color that melts into your lips. I love all three colors, Playful being my favorite. The only con to these, and the reason they aren't THE perfect tinted balms, is that they aren't as moisturizing as I expect a lip balm to be. They aren't drying, and they do moisturize somewhat, just not to the extent that I expect. Because of this, I apply Burt's Bees regular lip balm first, then apply these on top. That doesn't stop me from loving them, though. They're the perfect subtle, easy, carefree color for lips. Would definitely repurchase, I hope they stick around.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

HairBlack

12 years ago

I really love the colors of this Lip Trio (Joyful, Playful & Delightful - how cute are the names)!!! Joyful - a light pink shade, Playful - dark cherry color, Delightful - similar to Playful with a hint of brown. Looks intense but goes on sheer with slight sheen. It feels moisterising on the lips but not greasy, has a subtle fruity fragrance which is lovely! I have fair/medium tone skin and the colors shows up very natural, great for everyday use when I can't be bothered with slicking on lipstick.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43

1.0

12 years ago

Terrible product. Chalky and does not apply smoothly. I returned this as soon as I got it.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

12 years ago

I won this in a contest. So I'm remaining neutral to the price. The packaging of this is like a chapstick, except that you twist at the top instead of the bottom, which is something I like. Otherwise this is dry and waxy doesn't really sink/melt in. I am fairly dark olive, and even the 2 of the 3 lip colors were far too dark on me, I can't imagine what fairer skinned people would wear this. Only the lightest pink shade looks ok on me. Fine for now as a freebie, but prob wouldn't purchase. Active Ingredients: Octinoxate, oxybenzone (I don't believe this is stable because it also contains Titanium O2 below) Ingredients: Plant oils of cocos nucifera (coconut)* and helianthus annuus (sunflower)* infused with psidium guajava (guava) & prunus persica (peach) fruit essences, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit*, cera alba (beeswax),* euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax*, copernicia cerifera (carnuba) wax, simmondsia chinensis (jojaba) seed oil,* titantium dioxide, panthenol (vitamin B5), lecithin, honey*, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), aloe barbadensis leaf juice,* algae extract,* tocopherol (vitamine E), mica, iron oxides. *certified organic by a USDA approved agency. (lol)

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I really like this for its spf as well as for its natural moisturizing properties. I was a bit scared when I saw the colors in the tubes, but on lips they come out sheer and pretty. Also, one tube lasts forever! I began using the Delightful early this year because I thought this would be my least favorite (and so wanted to use it all up first :P).. but I love the color, and almost a year later I still have more than half left even though I've been using it everyday religiously, several times a day! The trick is not to slather on too much like regular chapstick, but to sort of dab it on... it's wonderfully protective and moisturizing.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

12 years ago

Mixed review. LOVE the colors, they look so great on my fair skin. They smell great too. Only downside is that they are a bit waxy and thick, and through the day my lips become a bit dry and I feel a residue on my lips. However, putting a little lip balm on before or after applying helps. Since it's a pack of 3 I'll probably have them forever, so that's why I marked it as "would not buy again".

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age25-29