Too Faced The Quickie Chronicles - The Beach Bunny

Too Faced The Quickie Chronicles - The Beach Bunny

4.3

on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Great palette for a soft summer look. I love the eye shadows, super natural. This whole quickie is effortless and great to throw in your bag for touch ups. Glosses are so soft and silky, not sticky.

on 5/26/2008 7:53:00 PM

This review is for the full-sized Beach Bunny Quickie Chronicle. While I like the eyeshadow colors in the palette, I mostly use the blush. The lip glosses are nice colors as well. I substitute my own brushes for the ones that come with the palette as it makes it easier to apply. The glosses are smooth and not gooey or sticky. It was nice to try it out, but I think I have moved on to other products.

on 10/26/2007 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This review is for the mini beach bunny! I love it! I love the glosses they are so beautiful. The glosses are a beautiful pale/light peachy/pink. They aren't sticky either. Beautiful eyeshadows that go together perfectly. They are well pigmented too. I also love the bronzer. It's not too dark just gives you a beautiful bronze glow. All in all great quality and I love the packaging and the cute little story on the back:D

This review is for the *Mini* version of The Beach Bunny. I bought this online [without testing in real life] based upon the reviews here - mainly for the blush inside the palette which was described pretty much spot on as the perfect subtle bronzer for fair-skinned people, along with a 'just right' amount of gold shimmer. On my skin, this product is fantastic and pretty much fool-proof - very light and buildable.

Unfortunately, the two eyeshadows in this palette despite being well-pigmented, do not suit my skin to the same level as the bronzer. What looks like a nice brown eyeshadow in fact becomes a red/orange toned colour on my eyelid, and the golden yellow eyeshadow is far too yellow for me to even attempt a natural eye look [my preferred day time look]. So far I haven't got these colours to work for my red/pink toned fair skin and blue eyes....but that could just be due to my amateur makeup skills!

The lipglosses are pretty good, great colours that I think would look good on just about anyone - I just wish I could get them in a full size version as you don't get much product in this small palette so I prefer to save them for touch ups.

The packaging is wonderfully kitsch and I rated the packaging high because of that...but for actual functionality, the lid being secured only by two tiny magnets doesn't leave you feeling 100% sure that it's secure in your purse, and if I didn't keep the plastic film inside, I am sure the the products would get a bit messy i.e. bits of blush in the lipgloss.

My overall rating was a 3/5 because of my disappointment in the eyeshadow colours, otherwise I would have given it a 4. I wouldn't purchase again as I'm sure I can track down the blush in a similar shade elsewhere. I think it's the kind of product that makes a great gift though and encourages you to experiment with some different colours, and I DO think it's reasonable quality for money.

on 4/16/2008 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the full sized Beach Bunny. For a sun-kissed look for summer this palette is just the thing.
It includes three eyeshadows; a banana gold, a golden peach and a metallic bronze. The darkest shade (the bronze) even when used wet is a little light to use as a liner, so I tend to use the gold to highlight, the peach on my lids and the bronze in the crease and then team with brown eyeliner (today I'm wearing it with Stila's Gold Kajal eyeliner for a softer look).
The blush is a peachy bronze, that does double duty as a bronzer.
The lip colours are my favourite part of the palette, and are some of the best lip shades among all the Quickies. There's a warm berry, a soft shimmery pink, a nude shell and a warm light pink-brown (which is one of the few non shimmer or pearl shades that I've seen in a TF Quickie.
All in all, this palette makes me look effortlessly put together and glowing with health.

on 11/8/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My review is for the full palette Beach Bunny. I was excited to receive this, but I was kind of disappointed with the eyeshadow colors. They were not very pigmented or very complementary to each other (IMHO). I have fair skin with a yellow base and these colors just washed me out. The bronzer was the only thing I ended up using. I lip glosses were nice but nothing special. Overall not too bad, just not for me.

In this palette, there's a shimmery peach blush, a creamy gold shadow, a bronzy-orange shadow, a midtone pink, and a bronzy light red. Sorry, I'm not very good at describing color shades! The blush doesn't show up as a color on me, which I like on minimal makeup days. It just makes me feel brighter, probably from the shimmer! It's not huge specks of glitter, but there is a lot. I haven't found much use for the cream-gold shadow since it looks a little weird on my lids. However, I think the bronze one is a gorgeous shade--I use that and the blush the most in this palette. I've only used the lipglosses a few times (the pink one doesn't show up on me) and the texture is a little gummy and drying. To me, lipgloss should = moisture! I think if I ran out of this palette, I'd try another Too Faced one since they're so darn cute!

on 2/9/2007 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These little sets are so cute, and they really pack a pigment punch. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this set is that the dark brown shadow in it has a little too much red in it for me. The pale gold shimmer is really sweet as well is the peach shimmer bronzer. The lipglosses are great, the pale pink is soft sweet looking sheer pink on the lips and the brighter colour is full of gold shimmer. The look is cute and the size of the palette is perfect for popping in your purse. Can't wait to get another one!

I love this little palette! It's cute and is definitely portable. The lipglosses are good, and not sticky at all. I love the darker pink, it looks very natural on my lips with a hint of shimmer. The bronzer/blush is also great. I was afraid it would be too dark, but it's perfect on my skin. This also has a little shimmer, and it makes my skin GLOW! I certainly look more alive with the bronzer applied on my face. The eyeshadows are also nice. The brown and golden color compliment each other quite well. Each looks good by itself as well. I would repurchase, but not for $15. I bought this online for $6, so that's the price I would pay since the palette and the amount you're receiving is very little. EDIT: Beware, the blush bronzer has quite a lot of shimmer. So be careful when applying if you don't want to look like glitter dropped on your face!

on 5/21/2007 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I couldn't wait to try this supercute palette. The colors are great, especially the lip glosses. The bronzer is nice too, it doesn't add too much color, just a hint, with a nice shimmer. The eyeshadows kind of surprised me with this one. From pictures online, I thought the darkest of the three, the bronze shade, would be more bronzey and pigamented. It was actually light, with a reddish tone to it, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned. Even though I was initally dissapointed, I have grown to like this palette a lot. It takes me out of my realm of what I am comfortable with my usual routine (I usually wear the same dark brown/bronze shades for eyes all the time) I wear it with a black retro looking liner, or more dramatic looking mascara for something different. This is one of the things I have found I like most about these palettes in general. They force me to use new colors together that I never thought I could wear before. Thanks too faced!!