no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

Good Skin has put out a nice little sunscreen for the face with this one. A physical sunblock (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), this is slightly tinted so it doesn't leave that telltale white caste on the skin (at least, not on my fair skin)...the tint is not noticeable on the skin, either--it just disappears upon rubbing it in. The texture is lightweight and easy to apply, and sinks in easily. It's not hard to apply the full 1/4 teaspoon required for the face for full protection. I apply a 1/4 teaspoon to my face and also to my neck, and have no discernible evidence of sunscreen left on either. I let it sink in for at least 10 minutes before continuing with my makeup routine. I usually use primer afterwards before my foundation, but sometimes forget and have not had any problems. I do sometimes get a bit of shine towards the end of the day, but nothing compared to what other sunscreens have done. I do wish the percentage of zinc oxide was a bit higher (titanium dioxide 8.8%, zinc oxide 1.7%), and it's also only an SPF 25, which I also wish was higher. However, this is still one of the more cosmetically elegant sunscreens I've tried, and since I avoid the sun like the plague, I don't need an especially high SPF. I will continue looking for a better alternative, but in the meantime this is a good option for me.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

Initially I liked this but now I realize that it sucks the moisture right out of my skin to the point of leaving it flaky. I know it's not supposed to be a moisturizer but it really dries out my skin. And it will find and enhance any large pore that I have. I also think the application is not smooth at all.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

3.0

10 years ago

I really wanted to like this given the great PC review. I cannot use any product with Avobenzone on my face and I like spf 30 products; not much out there for me. I just don't like the feel of this; and although I've only used it for a week, it leaves a film on my face that I can see; I do use a moisturizer underneath, but it just doesn' t blend well enough for me. I'll keep using my Olay Complete spf 30 for sensitive skins, which I've been using for a few years....and I do love it, I just keep trying to find the best overall product. Unfortunately, the Good Skin wasn't it for me!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

This is the only sunscreen I have found that doesn't break me out or start burn or smell funny (knock on wood), and I've been using it for over a month so I'm feeling pretty confident that it won't. It is tinted, but I don't think the tint is there once you smooth it into your skin. In fact, this leaves even my (white white pasty white) skin a little paler than normal. For those who are saying that they find this drying- this is not a tinted moisturizer, it's just a sunscreen. I find that I have to use a moisturizer with this or it leaves my skin parched. But I haven't seen many products made for sensitive facial skin with an SPF this high, so it's an extra step I'm willing to take.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlond

11 years ago

I really like this spf moisturizer. i don't use it alone on my face, because the consistency isn't that good. however, if i mix it with my regular moisturizer, it's great. super cute packaging and i can imagine using it forever since i mix them together i don't use a lot. this is for my face and hasn't broken me out at all. i have combination skin where my t zone is oily and my cheeks are normal/dry.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

I was curious to try this product after reading Paula Begoun's excellent review of it in her book and her website, beautypedia.com. After trying several sunscreens and having frequent allergic reactions ranging from stinging and burning to breakouts, I came to the conclusion as many others here have that I am allergic to chemical sunscreens. So, a titanium dioxide/zinc oxide sunscreen seems the way to go and this was a product to try. It goes on very smoothly and is not the least bit oily or greasy, it's fragrance free and the SPF is 25 - so for every day it seems like a great choice. It does seem to have a slight tint that leaves a slight whitish case on my face and it didn't look good under my Good Skin All Firm liquid makeup because it altered the otherwise perfect shade of Warm 3 on my face and I looked whiter than usual. However, after a little experimentation, I found that my Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Loose Powder foundation in Ultra Light looks great with this sunscreen underneath. The slight tint of the sunscreen was no longer visible when I applied the Amazing Cosmetics mineral powder over it. Hurray! A light dusting of powder to touch up is all I need and I'm good for the day. Despite this tiny flaw, I would repurchase because this sunscreen is so gentle and doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

I bought this product because I was recently diagnosed with rosacea. The dermatologist put me on an oral medication that one of the side effects is sun sensitivity. I bought most of the other products in this skin care line and loved them so figured I would stick with the same brand. So far I'm really liking this sunscreen. It doesn't leave my face greasy as Ive heard other sunscreens can do. If my review changes I will be back to update! Update: I had to quit using this because the Good Skin line made my rosacea react and I broke out.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

This is not a moisturizing sunscreen. It doesn't work very well for me in the winter, but in summer it's dy-no-mite under my foundation. I am hugely impressed with this stuff - most sunscreens leave me greasy, and that's not easy to do! :) I sometimes wear it alone if I'm not doing much, and it really is a good sunscreen. I can't do Parsol 1789 so I need a physical block, and this is as good a one as I've found!

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

I do not do well with chemical sunscreens so I thought I would try this. Unfortunately, it is too drying for my skin. I have dry/combo and I guess I just need a little more moisture :o(

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

12 years ago

This is great. I always stick with physical sunblocks rather than chemical sunscreens, because the chemical ones always make my skin really unhappy. Until I found this sunblock, I had been using Clinique Super Block which is also good, but I prefer this one because it is more blendable. The tint from the titanium dioxide works well with my pale skin and evens it out nicely. Edit: Going to have to change my mind on this one. I've had rather persistent breakouts lately. I decided to do some experimenting and stopped using this product and instead used some Everyday Minerals makeup for a week. I immediately stopped breaking out. So I guess this product isn't as great as I thought it was. My skin is so sensitive and acne prone so this may still be OK for others. I just wish I could find a good sunscreen that doesn't break me out as I don't think the EM makeup doesn't have enough sunblock for my pale skin.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29