Chanel Blanc Essential Light Reflecting Whitening Powder Foundation SPF 25

Chanel Blanc Essential Light Reflecting Whitening Powder Foundation SPF 25

4.2

Talc, Titanium dioxide, silica, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, dimethicone, ethylhxyl methoxycinnamate, isononyl isononanoate, zinc oxide, magnesium stearate, magnesium myristate, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum dimyristate, potassium sorbate, propylparaben, methylparaben, stearic acid, methicone, alumina, lauroyl lysine, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, BHT [ /-(may contain) CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON DXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 8/18/2016 10:32:00 AM

I guess I shouldn`t look a gift-horse in the mouth, as this foundation was a gift, but thing is, after you`ve worn Albion, Suqqu, and L`Occitane`s powder foundations, you just can`t go back. This is a pretty nice powder foundation, sheer coverage, relatively good oil control, no oxidizing or streaks, relatively good lasting power, nice SPF, but....it`s still not Albion Moisture Chiffon, or Suqqu Bright Up Face Powder, or L`Occitane Immortelle Precious Foundation. Sorry! Those are much more finely milled, way better coverage (though L`Occitane needs a light hand), and just more pixi dust in terms of glowing but not oily pore-relinquishing finish. I`ve also found the fragrance in this one a bit distracting: although I initially like it, it doesn`t seem to go away, and I find myself thinking "Okay...c`mon, that`s enough already...ENOUGH!" Would I repurchase? C`mon MUA, program that "Maybe" button already!!! Yeah....if none of my other loves were available, I might give Chanel a shot.

this powder gives an instant brightening effect. it is rather thick and if you apply too much of it, your face will cake up. use instead a brush after dabbing a little of the powder over your face with the sponge provided.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/10/2012 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Those looking for a product that luminizes your face and/ or whitens it over time will be disappointed. What it does do, however, is provide high coverage and SPF 25 PA+++ in a convenient compact. It also the best mattifying powder I have so far - I usually put this on before running for extra sun protection and though I sweat afterwards, I don't look "greasy", if that makes sense.

I believe it's made for Asian women, as my aunt bought it for me in Korea and I haven't seen it outside of Asia. I have it in 30 Beige Cendre, which is a bit orange for me; it's a pretty close match during the summer though (I'm about a NW20 - fair to light Asian skin with pink undertones).
I have combination skin, meaning my face gets oily on the t-zone but tends to be dry on other parts of my face. I also have some reddish-purple scars on my cheeks from acne, and this powder covers them completely.

I mostly use the sponge applicator inside out of convenience, and it works pretty well for me. The finish is completely matte and flawless, but it can look powdery if you over apply. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this powder, but I probably wouldn't purchase again because i can probably find a high-coverage powder for a cheaper price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

where can i buy this? i've been searching for it!

on 2/24/2011 9:50:00 PM

I love this powder foundation. I generally use it to refresh makeup halfway through the day, and am lazy, so use the sponge inside. When I first apply it, it looks powdery, but a few minutes later it melds into the skin and looks extremely luminous and natural. It manages to diminish any brown spots and breakouts and evens out the skin without being very heavy. I love that it has added SPF and is PA+++. Doesn't dry out skin and has decent-good staying power (think it's formulated for the Asian market and humid summers...) Have repurchased at least 4-5 times, and each compact lasts me at least 6-8 months. The packaging is very nice -- I like the satin cover as opposed to the velour/velvet pouch.

My foundation colors are Chantecaille Future Skin in Camomile, Laura Mercier TM in Nude, and MAC NW20, and I use White Essentiel 30 Beige Cendre.

Its not what I expected from chanel, its powdery, not much long lasting (in me), and I don't like the finish, the only thing I love that its have spf.

I do not see the good thing for this product. I love Chanel Mat Lumiere much better. It feels so powdery and does not have oil control.

One thing I like about it is just the cute white packaging. I love white packaging, i hope Chanel Mat have white packaging version rather than the normal black one that they have.

on 3/15/2010 11:28:00 PM

I gave this product a 4 even though it did not achieve what i wanted it to. I've been on a quest for that illusive, natural glow and sad to say this product is not light reflecting at all. Instead, those looking for a mattifying powder will enjoy this.

Pros: it makes my skin look so soft and smooth! This powder will be great for a matte look.
Those who also have oily skin and are also after THE glow (not the oily, big pore, i-need-a-blotter shine) may find comfort in the fact that after 2-3h, there is a nice balance between the powder and facial oil where a sheen (and not a shine) appears.

Cons: it feels like pure talc. Soft as my skin looks, it is unhappy to the touch. Those with dry, sensitive skin may wish to try this powder repeatedly before purchase.

on 2/26/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first high-end foundation I've ever used. I usually don't wear foundation but ever since I discovered freckles were forming, I began looking for a foundation that would cover them up while protecting my skin with SPF. This was it. It cost me S$90, which in my opinion is ridiculously expensive for a foundation. I think my skin, that is the part without the freckles, actually looks better without foundation because it kind of makes it look more matte and less dewy. However, this foundation does a great job of mattifying. It's very hot here, so when I walk back from school I usually work up a great deal of perspiration. When I looked in the mirror, my face was still matte despite the fact that I was dripping with perspiration. So thumbs up for mattifying. Packaging-wise, I'm not very fussy so it doesn't matter, but I find it nice that it comes with a black pouch to hold it. Overall an okay foundation; have not tested this in photos so I shall update when that happens. Would not buy again because the results dont justify the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like the high coverage of this. But the lasting power is quite good for my oily skin.