Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Black Cherry 477

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Black Cherry 477

on 10/4/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Literally my least favourite lipstick in my entire collection. It smears all over the lips, bleeds if you don't have a good lipliner on, applies really unevenly, exaggerates lines in the lip, makes them flaky. I felt like I would end up with this all over my cheeks the couple times I wore it. It's a real dud.

on 9/19/2016 8:01:00 AM

This one's a legend.

Dries your lips up like straight butthole, but who cares? It looks amazing on pretty much anyone. Or most people, anyways.

on 5/17/2016 11:18:00 AM

I love this particular lipstick. I wanted something dramatic and deep and this one delivers. I have NC20 skin, and my lips are very pale, and I love the versatility of the Black Cherry color. Just a bit (with or without balm -- it's moisturizing enough to not demand extra fuss) and I get a nice bit of color. Add a bit more and I get a good medium burgundy. Blotted or dabbed on with a finger, it looks matte but doesn't feel that way. Add more and it's full out borderline goth, but still burgundy (instead of black) enough so it's wearable without being too intense -- unless you shy away from dramatic colors. Wear is even, and there's no scent or taste. There's no sparkle or shimmer. It feels comfy, and due to its creaminess a lip liner is a good idea, but I don't always do it or find I need it. What's nice about this, too, is it's a shade that would look good on a variety of skin tones -- from super pale to ultra dark.

on 2/10/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

On my hunt for a vampy plum lip product, this one was the first one I picked up. I had seen people rave about it online, and with the cheap price tag, I figured it was worth a shot and I picked one up at the drugstore.

Considering its a drugstore lipstick, the packaging is pretty good. The color itself is also gorgeous; it's a deep, true plum shade. However, even after exfoliating and lining my lips, this stuff feathered and flaked and highlighted every little line on my lips. It's just not a great product. Instead, I'd recommend Wet N' Wild's Cherry Bomb. It is several dollars cheaper, practicality same shade, and a much better lipstick.

on 12/1/2015 2:30:00 PM

Hate to be the negative review of a HG product. It was patchy, uneven, and it tends to bleed without a lipliner. I expected more from this product, overall disppointed. It could be used as a semi-decent lip stain but that is not what I wanted this lipstick for, I wanted it to make a statement.

on 10/2/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Had high hopes for this due to to the high ratings, but was disappointed.
Its patchy, patchy, PATCHY! I can never get it to apply evenly no matter what I do.

I've had similar shades from different drugstore brands (Rimmel, Maybelline) that apply smooth and evenly. I'll stick to those ones instead.

The Super Lustrous line from Revlon is usually great, but this certain shade is a dud.

on 8/27/2015 7:51:00 AM

Made a trip to a CVS in LA just to get this (we don't have this shade in Australia). Disappointed. It swatches so beautifully on the web, IRL it's quite patchy and runs outside my lip lines.

Revlon lipsticks are a real hit when they're a hit, middling when they aren't. This isn't horrible, its just not what I thought it would be. Might be better with a matching lip liner, and serious blotting and setting. I bought MAC Diva in the same US trip (we do have MAC in Aus, it's just extremely overpriced here), I think I will stick with that as my go-to dark lip colour.

On the plus side, the swatch of Rum Raisin on this page looks really good, might have to check that out (:

on 7/29/2015 9:52:00 AM

Its... okay.

I wanted a really vampy, dark, statement lipstick to wear for my birthday. As i knew i wasn't going to be wearing this sort of shade all the time i though't i'd go for a cheaper dupe shade of MAC.

It was really hard to put on at first, for example if you go a little bit out of line you can tell drastically and because its so dark you have to be really careful you don't get it all over your face by having it on your hand or touching your lips. Plus it came off really easily, and once it started coming off it looked pretty gross.

I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really disappointed in this lipstick. Normally I love the super lustrous lipsticks from Revlon (i.e. Primrose) but this one was a total dud. It is such a gorgeous color, a deep vampy wine color. However. This is one of the patchiest lipsticks I have ever come across. I found it was very uneven in application and you had to layer it quite a bit to get that deep vampy wine color. It was also very uncomfortable to wear on the lips. Thumbs down from me!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am a lipstick noob so take my review with a grain of salt.

The Black Cherry 477 was the first lipstick I ever bought for myself, because before I tried this one out, I didn't really see the need for my thin lips to be tinted darkly. But I was persuaded by my friends to get one and by the saleslady at the department store to purchase this because it was on sale.

I loved this very much at first. The sexy plum made me feel so attractive that I used it almost everyday. But what was most annoying about this lipstick was that, since it's cream-based, it latches onto your teeth very easily after you smile. By the middle of the day as well, the color nearer the inner parts of my lips have faded, and I look like I didn't know how to put lipstick on. So whenever I DID use this again, I make sure to blot and set a lower layer with powder.

I use this over bright red lipsticks or when I just want to tint my lips because I'm into purple tones more than I am with strong pinks and scarlets. I'd definitely buy myself another tube when I run out!