MAC Matte - Malt

MAC Matte - Malt
Matte - MaltMAC - MaltMatte - Malt

4.4

I just love this eyeshadow, great for transitions or just to use it all over the eyelid as base or just use it alone. I love to use it alone, with my stay don't stray primer. It lasts from 8am to 11pm without bugde or fading! I'm not sure how it would behave without primer but it's possible that it would last less, either way it's a really good and versatile eyeshadow.
One of my favorites ever, no fallout, super creamy and versatile.
The only con I find it's the price, but since it lasts so much it's actually not a bad value.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As a few others have mentioned, this is incredibly close to Stila's Eden. I use Eden because it's just a hair darker, although, I find this changes a bit on my skin, and becomes almost identical to Eden within a few minutes. If they were to discontinue Eden, I would use this, but since I can choose either at this point, I use Eden because it's more true from the start, with my skin's chemistry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really love this shade. It's definitely not a shade that really stands out but is a staple which you will use a lot. It's a more peachy rose version of Kid. I purchased them both together however Malt is the type of transition shade that would belong in a rose gold eye palette. It works great on my skin which is light with a yellow undertone. I imagine this would also look great on those with fair skin too. It's definitely one of MAC's best eyeshadows in my opinion :)

Love this shadow! A little about me blonde hair, green eyes, NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, YSL BR20. I love this shadow to contour my eyes, add depth, and give them definition. I also like to use this with a transition colour like Wedge. I have also used UD's Stray Dog or Satin Taupe over Malt. As a pale girl this is one of my favorite shadows to use with no make up, make up. It's excellent for a nice neutral eye as well. I also will use just Malt and a touch of Wedge in the crease then Shroom on the lid gives me an awesome simple neutral eye. Great shade I bought the single and I would most definitely buy it again. Recommended!

on 3/8/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow! I use it as a transition color and I can't live without it. The shade is a pinkish brown color that looks so good on fair skin as a transition color or all over the eyelids. The pigmentation is amazing and it is a matte eyeshadow. I bought mine a few years ago and i thought that is a "boring" nothing special eyeshadow but I few months ago I started to using it and omg! I love it! it can really change the look of your eyeshadows if you use it as a transition color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this color. it's the perfect " transition" color for almost any look. The slight pink hue brings out my hazel eyes. it's matte, no glitter or sparkle. One of a kind!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a 2006 MAC Holiday palette. It is a beautiful baby pink shade. Recently I started using it again from a picture I saw on Pinterest. Lid color: Malt, Crease: Brown Script, Outer corner: Swiss Chocolate (All MAC shadows). This look is so pretty. DDD for reference NC55 in MAC.

I love that it is a Matte, no shimmer at all.

on 9/28/2014 11:26:00 PM

This is my favourite Mac shadow. Perfect for light skin but also can be used as a nice transition shade for darker tones.
Glides on beautifully.

on 6/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

A must have in your travel palette, it looks great during the day as a crease blending color (yogurt on the lid) but at night i love to use it as a lid color for more smokey looks. little fall out but does not crease at all on my oily lids. I'm nc40.

I was on the fence about purchasing malt. I have been on a transition, crease eyeshadow kick but after reading the reviews, I was torn. I am an extremely warm toned gal. I can't wear the neutralizing mac tones of foundation (I list them as a color reference to help others but can't use them). So although NC20 or NC25 doesn't work for me, C3 is perfect. So that was my dilemma with this one. With the description a "soft pinkish beige" and the reviews stating that it was extremely light and didn't show up on their similar colored skin tone I passed on this one forever but kept coming back to it and finally broke down and got it. I love this! It is the perfect blending, transitional crease color. It's very compatible with a variety of colors so I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!