Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.5

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

I have sensitive skin and sometimes, my face hurts. This abilene mask is my lifesaver. I always keep a jar in my bathroom. The second I put this on my skin, I feel relief and my skin is left calm and moisturized. This is one of my must haves. and it is not expensive. well worth buying.
Mario Badescu is an all natural line.

on 8/20/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super calming for my moderate rosacea. Really hydrating after every use. Leaves no residue on your skin and the product smells great. Definitely saw an improvement after a month of using it 1x a week! It runs out pretty quickly, so just use a thin layer all over... same results :)

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 10/18/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Calming, moisturizing mask. It reduced redness a bit, and left my skin feeling softer and much less irritated. Pleasant light floral (chamomile) scent. The Calma mask is a nice, oil-free alternative with very similar results.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a small tub of this as a sample today and found it did leave my skin feeling softer. I like the colour, smell and texture of it, but overall I don't think it was that drastic of an effect.

It's nice, but I wouldn't be quick to run out and buy it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

on 12/30/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

You know I really love mario badesu products, especially the enyzme cleanser which is the best in the world. I do like the mask, it leaves my skin smooth even on the most drier months, this is a winter staple. I have kept all five lippies because this is a great product but I feel like since mario badescu products are mostly natural with little preservatives, the masks dont preserve well over few months. I feel like they all go bad after 2 months or so, becoming hard paste/unuseable. I wished they packaged their liquid masks in packets so they stay preserved and useable. Everytime I buy this I never finish the product, I usually use it half way point in one season, and have to toss the rest, but since this mask is affordable, I definitely will buy it again. I do really recommend the product; the benefits of this product overcome the packaging.

on 10/14/2008 11:08:00 AM

I first tried this mask during the winter. I have very sensitive skin so during the winter and summer is when I need to be extra careful with my skin because it gets very irritated. After I used this mask a couple times a week, my skin is less irritated, meaning less redness all the time. The product is very gentile so it's perfect for people who have sensitive skin.

on 5/8/2008 8:43:00 PM

Although it does help diminish redness, I don't really find it moisturizing. To the contrary, it feels like it absorbs oil (I believe it has clay on it).
I have sensitive skin that is very dry so I have to follow with a rich moisturizer after using this. It would be perfect if it was more hydrating.

on 12/16/2006 4:45:00 AM

Overall, it works even better than avene soothing mask for me. I mean products work differently for different people. I have fairly light, acne prone/couperose skin type.

before using mario badescu products, my visible blood vessels make my face quite red that people would notice. after using this product and control cream for two month, although I did not see much difference, my roommate pointed that my rash faded, so now I have show rosy cheeks instead of red face.

but I personally think this mask is even better than control cream because it calms my skin right after application, whenever I felt itching, over-drying,rashy or flaky, I put it one. 20 minutes and my face are very calmed, too bad the effect is not long lasting, but still a must-have if you exercise/drink alcohol/ love spicy food...