Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.1

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a must have if you experience redness from Rosacea. I like to use the Azulene Calming Mask after I've used a more abrasive mask to deep clean my pores, because it will calm the redness down, and soothe any stinging feeling. The smell is not overwhelming. Will definitely buy again.

on 1/27/2013 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this after I developed a rash on my face a couple of weeks back. After a week of pure misery with dry and irritated skin, I finally caved and ordered this mask as well as the Rose hips nourishing oil. Within a day I noticed a big improvement in my skin. After two days the rash was completely gone. I've been using the mask slightly more often than recommended though - like once a day for four days, just to make sure my skin really had a chance to recover before I eased off the mask a little.

But it really did lessen the redness in my face - both from the various pimple but also around my nose and chin. Weird really, because not even the healing cream worked as fast as this mask. It didn't completely remove the redness though, but with more regular use it probably will.

I'm totally gonna keep using this, especially over the winter months. It smells nice, is soothing to use and doesn't break me out.

on 11/25/2009 12:09:00 AM

This mask didn't do anything on my skin. It smelt good and felt good, but it didn't calm down my blotchy skin or help with the blotchiness at all...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

on 11/7/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! I got it as part of the rosacea kit and it is terrific. Very light scent, absolutely no irritation, can be used daily if you felt the need. If you truly have rosacea, this is a go-to product for bringing down the inflammation. If you don't, try another mask.

Hmmm, well I hate to be the one to ruin the run of good reviews this mask seems to have got, but this does nothing for me. I have dryish, sensitive skin with red cheeks (not rosacea, i don't think, but horrible nontheless) and was hoping that this would calm it down - but alas, there was no difference whatsoever, and in fact the skin looked even more red after i rinsed it off, although this only lasted a few hours. What's more, it seemed to crack as it was drying, which I wouldn't expect of a 'soothing, hydrating mask'. Overall a big disappointment, so the search goes on........

on 6/28/2007 3:56:00 AM

This stuff works great! I got it as a sample and just ran out so I will definitly purchase the full size. If you dab this on any red spots or a new pimple, takes the redness right out! Awesome product!

on 3/20/2007 5:42:00 PM

I have used this for years. I always use it before I have a party or event because this zaps all the redness out of my ultra fair skin. It works like Visine for your skin! Lightly moisturizing and gets rid of the red!

Wow, another rave for Mario Badescu. I'm sorry I must sound like a broken record, but almost everything I have tried by MB has been a winner for me. This mask is indeed soothing and calming, with a wonderful light scent. I already use their Control Cream, so balsam peru is not a problem for me. Request a sample first to ensure that you aren't alergic to that ingredient. I alternate this with the Orange Tonic Mask. Good stuff!

on 6/16/2006 7:28:00 PM

Tried a sample of this mask and loved it! Went back to buy and was so sure it would be ridiculously expensive. Not so! Only $18 for a pretty big jar that lasts quite a while. My skin is weird- oily in some spots, prone to breakouts in some areas, and super sensitive in others. I even use this when my face is broken out to soothe the skin and take away redness from blemishes. Works great!