Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.4

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 8/20/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super calming for my moderate rosacea. Really hydrating after every use. Leaves no residue on your skin and the product smells great. Definitely saw an improvement after a month of using it 1x a week! It runs out pretty quickly, so just use a thin layer all over... same results :)

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 1/27/2013 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this after I developed a rash on my face a couple of weeks back. After a week of pure misery with dry and irritated skin, I finally caved and ordered this mask as well as the Rose hips nourishing oil. Within a day I noticed a big improvement in my skin. After two days the rash was completely gone. I've been using the mask slightly more often than recommended though - like once a day for four days, just to make sure my skin really had a chance to recover before I eased off the mask a little.

But it really did lessen the redness in my face - both from the various pimple but also around my nose and chin. Weird really, because not even the healing cream worked as fast as this mask. It didn't completely remove the redness though, but with more regular use it probably will.

I'm totally gonna keep using this, especially over the winter months. It smells nice, is soothing to use and doesn't break me out.

on 11/25/2009 12:09:00 AM

This mask didn't do anything on my skin. It smelt good and felt good, but it didn't calm down my blotchy skin or help with the blotchiness at all...

on 10/20/2009 11:58:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Although it isn't really a mask designed for acne-prone skin, it's great! It really helps calm down any redness or inflammation surrounding any breakouts and evens out your general skin tone. It leaves your skin smooth and soft, no irritation, and gently tightens pores without being drying. One of my new HG masks...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

on 9/1/2008 7:09:00 PM

This mask is amazing. I use it at my skin care clinic on my customers during facials (and I don't even carry the product line yet). It's that good.... It works best on people who have acne and are using harsh acne products, resulting in a red and irritated face. This immediately zaps all the redness out of the face. My customers think I perform miracles during my facials, but it's really this mask. For people with rosacea, it works pretty well. Some cases are tough to treat, so it doesn't always work. I wish it was more moisturizing. Overall, an amazing mask and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend. I also love the scent.

on 8/5/2007 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is so soothing for my rosacea.Even the color is soothing, it feels cool going on and my skin calms down immediately! I have a good size sample (another thing I like about this company) and when it's gone, I'll order the full size.

Wow, another rave for Mario Badescu. I'm sorry I must sound like a broken record, but almost everything I have tried by MB has been a winner for me. This mask is indeed soothing and calming, with a wonderful light scent. I already use their Control Cream, so balsam peru is not a problem for me. Request a sample first to ensure that you aren't alergic to that ingredient. I alternate this with the Orange Tonic Mask. Good stuff!

on 3/27/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My skintype - rosacea, sensitive & prone to clogged pores. This is very soothing for my rosacea skin as it feels very cooling and tones down redness. It literally zaps the redness out of my skin. and my skin looks more even-toned after using this, and also more mattified (but not dry). It has clay in it so I assume it cleanses the pores in addition to calming. This mask hardens as it dries, but doesn't require harsh scrubbing to remove it. If your skin is sensitive I would suggest *patting* the mask off with a wet washcloth rather than rubbing.