Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved this mask. Planning on buying a second jar. It does relieve redness slightly and I can put this on my face in the shower. A little hard to rinse off, but no biggy. I adore the blue color and the simple packaging.