Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.6

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 1/27/2013 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this after I developed a rash on my face a couple of weeks back. After a week of pure misery with dry and irritated skin, I finally caved and ordered this mask as well as the Rose hips nourishing oil. Within a day I noticed a big improvement in my skin. After two days the rash was completely gone. I've been using the mask slightly more often than recommended though - like once a day for four days, just to make sure my skin really had a chance to recover before I eased off the mask a little.

But it really did lessen the redness in my face - both from the various pimple but also around my nose and chin. Weird really, because not even the healing cream worked as fast as this mask. It didn't completely remove the redness though, but with more regular use it probably will.

I'm totally gonna keep using this, especially over the winter months. It smells nice, is soothing to use and doesn't break me out.

on 10/18/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Calming, moisturizing mask. It reduced redness a bit, and left my skin feeling softer and much less irritated. Pleasant light floral (chamomile) scent. The Calma mask is a nice, oil-free alternative with very similar results.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

on 10/20/2009 11:58:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Although it isn't really a mask designed for acne-prone skin, it's great! It really helps calm down any redness or inflammation surrounding any breakouts and evens out your general skin tone. It leaves your skin smooth and soft, no irritation, and gently tightens pores without being drying. One of my new HG masks...

on 11/22/2008 12:19:00 PM

On first use, it didnt do anything to help soothe the red spots around my nose and I was pretty disappointed by the lack of results. However I paired this up with the drying mask and after trying this for the second time my skin actually looked fairer and clearer! I also left this on for an hour instead of the recommended 15-20.