Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.5

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a must have if you experience redness from Rosacea. I like to use the Azulene Calming Mask after I've used a more abrasive mask to deep clean my pores, because it will calm the redness down, and soothe any stinging feeling. The smell is not overwhelming. Will definitely buy again.

on 8/20/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super calming for my moderate rosacea. Really hydrating after every use. Leaves no residue on your skin and the product smells great. Definitely saw an improvement after a month of using it 1x a week! It runs out pretty quickly, so just use a thin layer all over... same results :)

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 12/19/2013 5:13:00 AM

This was a nice mask, nothing super spesh though. I had plumper skin with less visible pores afterwards. I noticed no reduced redness and it didn't seem to draw out impurities. I'm not sure if they're still marketing it as a hydrating mask as someone else below mentioned but I would agree that it's not moisturising at all but it hasn't dried out my skin either which some kaolin masks tend to do. Overall good for a pre party pep up but I imagine there are more hard working masks out there around the same price point.

BellaMonkey, we get it. You had issues with their cream. No need to blow MUA up with every product ever made by them. Good grief! It took me 5 pages (at least) to get passed your griping. Once is quite enough. Just sayin'

on 1/27/2013 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this after I developed a rash on my face a couple of weeks back. After a week of pure misery with dry and irritated skin, I finally caved and ordered this mask as well as the Rose hips nourishing oil. Within a day I noticed a big improvement in my skin. After two days the rash was completely gone. I've been using the mask slightly more often than recommended though - like once a day for four days, just to make sure my skin really had a chance to recover before I eased off the mask a little.

But it really did lessen the redness in my face - both from the various pimple but also around my nose and chin. Weird really, because not even the healing cream worked as fast as this mask. It didn't completely remove the redness though, but with more regular use it probably will.

I'm totally gonna keep using this, especially over the winter months. It smells nice, is soothing to use and doesn't break me out.

on 4/10/2010 8:01:00 PM

I think this product is amazing! I have very very sensitive skin and immediately after using this product my skin looks less irritated and it minimized the appearance of my pores. My skin also looked brighter and my mineral powder went on more smoothly after using. I will definitely buy this again!!

on 11/25/2009 12:09:00 AM

This mask didn't do anything on my skin. It smelt good and felt good, but it didn't calm down my blotchy skin or help with the blotchiness at all...

on 10/20/2009 11:58:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Although it isn't really a mask designed for acne-prone skin, it's great! It really helps calm down any redness or inflammation surrounding any breakouts and evens out your general skin tone. It leaves your skin smooth and soft, no irritation, and gently tightens pores without being drying. One of my new HG masks...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.