Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

I have sensitive skin and sometimes, my face hurts. This abilene mask is my lifesaver. I always keep a jar in my bathroom. The second I put this on my skin, I feel relief and my skin is left calm and moisturized. This is one of my must haves. and it is not expensive. well worth buying.
Mario Badescu is an all natural line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a must have if you experience redness from Rosacea. I like to use the Azulene Calming Mask after I've used a more abrasive mask to deep clean my pores, because it will calm the redness down, and soothe any stinging feeling. The smell is not overwhelming. Will definitely buy again.

on 8/20/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super calming for my moderate rosacea. Really hydrating after every use. Leaves no residue on your skin and the product smells great. Definitely saw an improvement after a month of using it 1x a week! It runs out pretty quickly, so just use a thin layer all over... same results :)

BellaMonkey, we get it. You had issues with their cream. No need to blow MUA up with every product ever made by them. Good grief! It took me 5 pages (at least) to get passed your griping. Once is quite enough. Just sayin'

on 2/6/2013 8:45:00 PM

This was a gift from a wonderful MUA pal so I had to look up the pricing. Not bad at $18.00 US for 2 full ounces. The mask is aqua in color, thick smells fresh and clean. It applies very easily, a little goes a long way. It has been a God-send for my skin which in addition to being aging/acne prone is super sensitive and often for no reason at all becomes, itchy, dry, blotchy, can erupt in breakouts...crazy skin.

This really is calming and cool. I apply as directed to a clean face, wait 20 minutes while I go about getting ready and I rinse if off in the shower. it also hydrates which was a really nice surprise. It has carnation oil in it very close to the top of the list of ingredients. I looked up carnation oil and learned that it is very helpful in normalizing skin conditions ie skin rashes and eczema.

I use it every 3-4 days before my makeup and/or as needed.
List of ingredients:

NGREDIENTS: PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene.

Website Link:

Pros list:

A little goes a long way
Not too expensive
Full 2 ounces of product
reputable manufacturer
calms the skin
conditions the skin
quality ingredients

Cons list:
No dispenser to eliminate or reduce germs
container gets messy because of the viscosity of the mask

Yes I will buy it again. Hopefully the packaging will be updated by that time.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

on 4/10/2010 8:01:00 PM

I think this product is amazing! I have very very sensitive skin and immediately after using this product my skin looks less irritated and it minimized the appearance of my pores. My skin also looked brighter and my mineral powder went on more smoothly after using. I will definitely buy this again!!

on 10/20/2009 11:58:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Although it isn't really a mask designed for acne-prone skin, it's great! It really helps calm down any redness or inflammation surrounding any breakouts and evens out your general skin tone. It leaves your skin smooth and soft, no irritation, and gently tightens pores without being drying. One of my new HG masks...

on 12/30/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

You know I really love mario badesu products, especially the enyzme cleanser which is the best in the world. I do like the mask, it leaves my skin smooth even on the most drier months, this is a winter staple. I have kept all five lippies because this is a great product but I feel like since mario badescu products are mostly natural with little preservatives, the masks dont preserve well over few months. I feel like they all go bad after 2 months or so, becoming hard paste/unuseable. I wished they packaged their liquid masks in packets so they stay preserved and useable. Everytime I buy this I never finish the product, I usually use it half way point in one season, and have to toss the rest, but since this mask is affordable, I definitely will buy it again. I do really recommend the product; the benefits of this product overcome the packaging.

on 11/22/2008 12:19:00 PM

On first use, it didnt do anything to help soothe the red spots around my nose and I was pretty disappointed by the lack of results. However I paired this up with the drying mask and after trying this for the second time my skin actually looked fairer and clearer! I also left this on for an hour instead of the recommended 15-20.