Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

Hmmm, well I hate to be the one to ruin the run of good reviews this mask seems to have got, but this does nothing for me. I have dryish, sensitive skin with red cheeks (not rosacea, i don't think, but horrible nontheless) and was hoping that this would calm it down - but alas, there was no difference whatsoever, and in fact the skin looked even more red after i rinsed it off, although this only lasted a few hours. What's more, it seemed to crack as it was drying, which I wouldn't expect of a 'soothing, hydrating mask'. Overall a big disappointment, so the search goes on........

on 3/28/2006 6:44:00 PM

I know I am the first negative review for this product but this really irritated my skin. I put this mask on and by the time I took it off my face it was red and itchy. I wondered why this was happening because the product has soothing azulene. It was the balsam peru...the reoccuring nightmare of my MB existence. If you have really sensitive skin or rosacea request a sample or avoid. The nice thing about MB is that they give samples for nearly all of their products. I find balsam peru is more irritating in the MB mask because increased concentration. I wish they made a soothing mask without balsam peru. The calma mask also contains it. See my other MB reviews if you are wondering what other products have balsam peru in them.

on 11/25/2009 12:09:00 AM

This mask didn't do anything on my skin. It smelt good and felt good, but it didn't calm down my blotchy skin or help with the blotchiness at all...

on 12/19/2013 5:13:00 AM

This was a nice mask, nothing super spesh though. I had plumper skin with less visible pores afterwards. I noticed no reduced redness and it didn't seem to draw out impurities. I'm not sure if they're still marketing it as a hydrating mask as someone else below mentioned but I would agree that it's not moisturising at all but it hasn't dried out my skin either which some kaolin masks tend to do. Overall good for a pre party pep up but I imagine there are more hard working masks out there around the same price point.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a small tub of this as a sample today and found it did leave my skin feeling softer. I like the colour, smell and texture of it, but overall I don't think it was that drastic of an effect.

It's nice, but I wouldn't be quick to run out and buy it.

on 5/8/2008 8:43:00 PM

Although it does help diminish redness, I don't really find it moisturizing. To the contrary, it feels like it absorbs oil (I believe it has clay on it).
I have sensitive skin that is very dry so I have to follow with a rich moisturizer after using this. It would be perfect if it was more hydrating.

on 2/8/2008 1:39:00 AM

This is the mask version of the control cream. This is the Ďgo-toí mask when my skin is irritated, red, and with a few pimples. The mask helps to reduce redness and balance my skin. It is very gentle and therefore would be suitable for everyday use. However, Iím a lazy person lately so I havenít been using the mask as frequently as I should.

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 1/27/2013 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this after I developed a rash on my face a couple of weeks back. After a week of pure misery with dry and irritated skin, I finally caved and ordered this mask as well as the Rose hips nourishing oil. Within a day I noticed a big improvement in my skin. After two days the rash was completely gone. I've been using the mask slightly more often than recommended though - like once a day for four days, just to make sure my skin really had a chance to recover before I eased off the mask a little.

But it really did lessen the redness in my face - both from the various pimple but also around my nose and chin. Weird really, because not even the healing cream worked as fast as this mask. It didn't completely remove the redness though, but with more regular use it probably will.

I'm totally gonna keep using this, especially over the winter months. It smells nice, is soothing to use and doesn't break me out.

on 10/18/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Calming, moisturizing mask. It reduced redness a bit, and left my skin feeling softer and much less irritated. Pleasant light floral (chamomile) scent. The Calma mask is a nice, oil-free alternative with very similar results.