Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

BellaMonkey, we get it. You had issues with their cream. No need to blow MUA up with every product ever made by them. Good grief! It took me 5 pages (at least) to get passed your griping. Once is quite enough. Just sayin'

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

on 2/6/2013 8:45:00 PM

This was a gift from a wonderful MUA pal so I had to look up the pricing. Not bad at $18.00 US for 2 full ounces. The mask is aqua in color, thick smells fresh and clean. It applies very easily, a little goes a long way. It has been a God-send for my skin which in addition to being aging/acne prone is super sensitive and often for no reason at all becomes, itchy, dry, blotchy, can erupt in breakouts...crazy skin.

This really is calming and cool. I apply as directed to a clean face, wait 20 minutes while I go about getting ready and I rinse if off in the shower. it also hydrates which was a really nice surprise. It has carnation oil in it very close to the top of the list of ingredients. I looked up carnation oil and learned that it is very helpful in normalizing skin conditions ie skin rashes and eczema.

I use it every 3-4 days before my makeup and/or as needed.
List of ingredients:

NGREDIENTS: PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene.

Website Link:

Pros list:

A little goes a long way
Not too expensive
Full 2 ounces of product
reputable manufacturer
calms the skin
conditions the skin
quality ingredients

Cons list:
No dispenser to eliminate or reduce germs
container gets messy because of the viscosity of the mask

Yes I will buy it again. Hopefully the packaging will be updated by that time.

on 12/16/2006 4:45:00 AM

Overall, it works even better than avene soothing mask for me. I mean products work differently for different people. I have fairly light, acne prone/couperose skin type.

before using mario badescu products, my visible blood vessels make my face quite red that people would notice. after using this product and control cream for two month, although I did not see much difference, my roommate pointed that my rash faded, so now I have show rosy cheeks instead of red face.

but I personally think this mask is even better than control cream because it calms my skin right after application, whenever I felt itching, over-drying,rashy or flaky, I put it one. 20 minutes and my face are very calmed, too bad the effect is not long lasting, but still a must-have if you exercise/drink alcohol/ love spicy food...

I have sensitive skin and sometimes, my face hurts. This abilene mask is my lifesaver. I always keep a jar in my bathroom. The second I put this on my skin, I feel relief and my skin is left calm and moisturized. This is one of my must haves. and it is not expensive. well worth buying.
Mario Badescu is an all natural line.

on 9/1/2008 7:09:00 PM

This mask is amazing. I use it at my skin care clinic on my customers during facials (and I don't even carry the product line yet). It's that good.... It works best on people who have acne and are using harsh acne products, resulting in a red and irritated face. This immediately zaps all the redness out of the face. My customers think I perform miracles during my facials, but it's really this mask. For people with rosacea, it works pretty well. Some cases are tough to treat, so it doesn't always work. I wish it was more moisturizing. Overall, an amazing mask and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend. I also love the scent.

on 3/27/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My skintype - rosacea, sensitive & prone to clogged pores. This is very soothing for my rosacea skin as it feels very cooling and tones down redness. It literally zaps the redness out of my skin. and my skin looks more even-toned after using this, and also more mattified (but not dry). It has clay in it so I assume it cleanses the pores in addition to calming. This mask hardens as it dries, but doesn't require harsh scrubbing to remove it. If your skin is sensitive I would suggest *patting* the mask off with a wet washcloth rather than rubbing.

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 12/19/2013 5:13:00 AM

This was a nice mask, nothing super spesh though. I had plumper skin with less visible pores afterwards. I noticed no reduced redness and it didn't seem to draw out impurities. I'm not sure if they're still marketing it as a hydrating mask as someone else below mentioned but I would agree that it's not moisturising at all but it hasn't dried out my skin either which some kaolin masks tend to do. Overall good for a pre party pep up but I imagine there are more hard working masks out there around the same price point.