Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 3/27/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My skintype - rosacea, sensitive & prone to clogged pores. This is very soothing for my rosacea skin as it feels very cooling and tones down redness. It literally zaps the redness out of my skin. and my skin looks more even-toned after using this, and also more mattified (but not dry). It has clay in it so I assume it cleanses the pores in addition to calming. This mask hardens as it dries, but doesn't require harsh scrubbing to remove it. If your skin is sensitive I would suggest *patting* the mask off with a wet washcloth rather than rubbing.

on 12/15/2005 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS WONDERFUL, I ALWAYS USE THIS AFTER WAXING OR MICRODERMABRASION, IT'S VERY SOOTHING, NON DRYING, TAKE ALL REDNESS OUT OF MY SKIN AND LEAVES ME WITH A NICE GLOW.

on 12/28/2005 4:00:00 PM

Great soothing mask for irritation and sensitivity. The thing I like about it is it doesn't make my combi skin too greasy after like most moisturizing masks. Has a cooling effect.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved this mask. Planning on buying a second jar. It does relieve redness slightly and I can put this on my face in the shower. A little hard to rinse off, but no biggy. I adore the blue color and the simple packaging.

I love this mask. It calms just about any kind of redness or irritation, including post-breakout redness. I use it on my chest as well, because my skin is super-sensitive there and prone to redness. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this product for people with sensitive skin.

on 3/28/2006 6:44:00 PM

I know I am the first negative review for this product but this really irritated my skin. I put this mask on and by the time I took it off my face it was red and itchy. I wondered why this was happening because the product has soothing azulene. It was the balsam peru...the reoccuring nightmare of my MB existence. If you have really sensitive skin or rosacea request a sample or avoid. The nice thing about MB is that they give samples for nearly all of their products. I find balsam peru is more irritating in the MB mask because increased concentration. I wish they made a soothing mask without balsam peru. The calma mask also contains it. See my other MB reviews if you are wondering what other products have balsam peru in them.

on 4/5/2006 12:47:00 AM

took one lippie off because this mask dried up in my pot! but overall i love this mask because it mosturizes my oilysensitivecomboacneprone skin!! seriously! without making my skin look greasy. it leaves my skin supple and moisturized! it doesnt add any oil slick. i love it!

on 6/16/2006 7:28:00 PM

Tried a sample of this mask and loved it! Went back to buy and was so sure it would be ridiculously expensive. Not so! Only $18 for a pretty big jar that lasts quite a while. My skin is weird- oily in some spots, prone to breakouts in some areas, and super sensitive in others. I even use this when my face is broken out to soothe the skin and take away redness from blemishes. Works great!

on 6/16/2006 7:31:00 PM

Loooooooove this product! I have combination/sensitive/acne prone skin and this mask does an amazing job of calming break out redness and irritated skin. It safely moisturizes the skin without leaving any kind of greasiness. It's truly a high end spa treatment in your own home. I sound like a commercial, but I love this stuff!

on 12/16/2006 4:45:00 AM

Overall, it works even better than avene soothing mask for me. I mean products work differently for different people. I have fairly light, acne prone/couperose skin type.

before using mario badescu products, my visible blood vessels make my face quite red that people would notice. after using this product and control cream for two month, although I did not see much difference, my roommate pointed that my rash faded, so now I have show rosy cheeks instead of red face.

but I personally think this mask is even better than control cream because it calms my skin right after application, whenever I felt itching, over-drying,rashy or flaky, I put it one. 20 minutes and my face are very calmed, too bad the effect is not long lasting, but still a must-have if you exercise/drink alcohol/ love spicy food...