Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Filtered by age: 25-29
Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.4

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 12/19/2013 5:13:00 AM

This was a nice mask, nothing super spesh though. I had plumper skin with less visible pores afterwards. I noticed no reduced redness and it didn't seem to draw out impurities. I'm not sure if they're still marketing it as a hydrating mask as someone else below mentioned but I would agree that it's not moisturising at all but it hasn't dried out my skin either which some kaolin masks tend to do. Overall good for a pre party pep up but I imagine there are more hard working masks out there around the same price point.

on 4/2/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with bouts of rosacea. Needless to say, I often have a lot of redness and irritation that makes it impossible for me to skimp on the concealer. This product almost always helps my skin look more normal the morning after I use it, but I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour :).

[ PROS ]
- Noticeably decreases redness and irritation the morning after
- Easy to spread around the face
- Scent is very mild and pleasant even
- The jar lasts forever since only a little is needed each time
- Easy to wash off

[ CONS ]
- The jar is a little unsanitary

This is my go-to aid on a regular basis and I would definitely recommend it to people with similar skin issues as me!

on 10/18/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Calming, moisturizing mask. It reduced redness a bit, and left my skin feeling softer and much less irritated. Pleasant light floral (chamomile) scent. The Calma mask is a nice, oil-free alternative with very similar results.

on 12/28/2005 4:00:00 PM

Great soothing mask for irritation and sensitivity. The thing I like about it is it doesn't make my combi skin too greasy after like most moisturizing masks. Has a cooling effect.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

on 12/30/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

You know I really love mario badesu products, especially the enyzme cleanser which is the best in the world. I do like the mask, it leaves my skin smooth even on the most drier months, this is a winter staple. I have kept all five lippies because this is a great product but I feel like since mario badescu products are mostly natural with little preservatives, the masks dont preserve well over few months. I feel like they all go bad after 2 months or so, becoming hard paste/unuseable. I wished they packaged their liquid masks in packets so they stay preserved and useable. Everytime I buy this I never finish the product, I usually use it half way point in one season, and have to toss the rest, but since this mask is affordable, I definitely will buy it again. I do really recommend the product; the benefits of this product overcome the packaging.

on 9/1/2008 7:09:00 PM

This mask is amazing. I use it at my skin care clinic on my customers during facials (and I don't even carry the product line yet). It's that good.... It works best on people who have acne and are using harsh acne products, resulting in a red and irritated face. This immediately zaps all the redness out of the face. My customers think I perform miracles during my facials, but it's really this mask. For people with rosacea, it works pretty well. Some cases are tough to treat, so it doesn't always work. I wish it was more moisturizing. Overall, an amazing mask and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend. I also love the scent.

on 12/16/2006 4:45:00 AM

Overall, it works even better than avene soothing mask for me. I mean products work differently for different people. I have fairly light, acne prone/couperose skin type.

before using mario badescu products, my visible blood vessels make my face quite red that people would notice. after using this product and control cream for two month, although I did not see much difference, my roommate pointed that my rash faded, so now I have show rosy cheeks instead of red face.

but I personally think this mask is even better than control cream because it calms my skin right after application, whenever I felt itching, over-drying,rashy or flaky, I put it one. 20 minutes and my face are very calmed, too bad the effect is not long lasting, but still a must-have if you exercise/drink alcohol/ love spicy food...

I love this mask. It calms just about any kind of redness or irritation, including post-breakout redness. I use it on my chest as well, because my skin is super-sensitive there and prone to redness. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this product for people with sensitive skin.