Shiseido Water in Lip

4.2

this stuff is nostalgic to me! i remember visiting japan and staying at my grandmas house when i was about 7/8 (nearly 10 years ago), and my lips were very chapped at the time. my grandma had two of these, the plain blue one and the pink sakura one. i remember i preferred the blue one, because it gave a tingly soothing feeling.

i went back to japan a few years later but didnt get it, i probably forgot about it. but its been 5 years since then and i visited a few months ago, and remembered to get this lip balm.

tbh im so happy i did because it works great! and the menthol doesnt really dry my lips out, if you apply consistently your lips will be perfect forever! it makes my lips smooth and soft and basically not chapped, its almost perfect.

the price in japan is about $3-4 at any drugstore, but in the US or Canada, most likely at least $6 to about $10, unfortunately. i should have bought more because i feel like they run out quickly (quite a soft, spreadable formula which feels like it could melt easily...) or maybe time is going by faster than i seem to realize!

the little twister thing glides a bit too smoothly and you could easily twist it up too much, but the countless times its gotten lost in my front backpack pouch, it doesnt seem to have been twisted up too much. i genuinely really love this product and i feel like all of the versions would work for anybody! for a drugstore brand its amazing (i have to say, drugstore quality in japan is above the western standard, as is with other more affordable life necessities).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was so amazed by how good it was! It's only around US$3 at most (depending on the drugstore and discount available) and it left my lips feeling moist without the drying/ dead skin lips effect i get from most lip balms. It's a no frills, slim plastic screw tube in translucent pink. SO pretty. It has a slight cooling (from menthol maybe?) feeling upon application and is slightly pearlescent in the tube but only slightly shimmery/ pearlescent upon application. I don't think it has a smell. It's been about 7-8 months since I began using it and I've only used about half the tube. I'm going back to Japan in a few months and I will buy the updated version as souvenirs for my friends!

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

This is better than all lip balms that I've tried that cost less than $10. It's not too waxy or oily, which is what cheaper balms tend to be.
I think this gives a very slight shimmer. It is moisturizing and has a plush feel to it.
It is not as good as Boscia Jujube Salve but is pretty close. But it is much better than the Nivea, Burts Bees, and other DS type brands out there.

I got the blue and white ones from Japan and I regretted not buying more. The blue one gives a icy cold feeling on your lips with some menthol formulation and the white ones are just regular lip balm.

I have very dry lips and many lip balms gave me the same problem of clotting the dead skins and a layer of dead skin will form on my inner lips and at the corner of my lips. This doesn't and it is good to use as a base before I apply any lipstick/gloss/tint. I used Origin Conditioning Lip Balm with Turmeric and it's good in repairing but it is too costly to be treated as regular lip balm in my opinion.

This Shiseido lip balm can be find in almost any drug stores in Japan at a very affordable price. *It is almost affordable to be place in every bag/purse of yours*

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from amazon on a whim. I had an identical one about 10 years ago when I was in Japan. I loved it then. The one I purchased was the pure pink( cherry blossom powder). The case is a typical plastic lip balm case in a pretty shade of light pink with the product name in a little gold medallion design in the center of tube. Be careful with little screw bottom, it screws product up quickly and may cause product to hit the cap, that happened while in my purse.
The product is a creamy light pink color and when applied it gives your lip a sheer light pink sheen. Not a fully saturated light pink. It feels really soft on lips and sort of has a medicinal smell. It also tingles a bit.
I would repurchase only if I can find it cheaper than the $10 I paid for it.

(I got the blue one which has a slight menthol smell). This is a really nice lip balm, probably the best I've tried and I have tried tons and tons of lipbalms. Very subtle scent. Not overly greasy and not sticky. After one use I could see a difference and my lips were no longer dry, peeling, or cracked. After using everyday once a day for a week my lips look fuller (no this isn't a plumping lipbalm BUT when your lips are dry and dehydrated they don't look as full as when they're properly moisturized). Will probably buy some of the other scents! Found for around $6.50 on eBay (only available in Asian countries but shipping to US only took about a week so I can't complain).

love it. it does exactly what it's supposed to do. it doesn't smell like tropical fruit or something like that, but it smells fresh and i love the minty feel of my terribly burnt, chapped lips after i apply it. definite repurchase!

This moisturizers my very stubborn flaky lips which is so important for me. Even the vaseline petroleum jelly ones don't do as good a job. No scent, just slight tingly feeling. Only problem is I can't wear it under lippie cos it makes lipstick slip.

Good for daily use.

I like the scent of this lip balm but really don't think it moisturizes that well..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in the Raspberry scented version, and I love it. It just melts onto my lips with no trouble at all, it leaves no residue or strange color, just comfortable, smooth lips. It is wonderful under lipstick, I can't wait to pick up more of these. :)

Popular Lips Products