3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I read about people using this as a gentle hand soap and bought it for that purpose. I’d previously used their Resurrection Hand Wash & Balm, but was curious to give this a whirl. Thre scent is lovely and definitely less potent than Resurrection. I wash my hands A LOT, so gentle is key. A Rose By Any Other Name is super gentle, low foaming (it really doesn’t foam as a hand wash), and hydrating. Since the scent is light I use different kinds of hand creams and lotions with it and none clash. It took me a few days to get used to the soap not foaming, but it cleans thoroughly and the lack of foam likely keeps my skin from drying out. Love it.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0
from

2 years ago

Unfortunately, I share the same opinion with jadorelechoc. I particularly registered this account to share this because i hope Aesop can face this problem directly. I bought it 2 months ago and i have always been loving it so much, just tonight when i used it i was shocked by a bad egg smell and i couldn't believe it come out from this body cleanser. And the texture of the cleanser changed too! I just can't believe this bottle will turn bad so fast and so sudden. It was a very horrible experience...My body skin has become irritated recently, not sure it's because of the weather change or because of this....... PS, i only finished half in 2 months. I only used it for myself. PPS, i was not warned that it would go bad so quickly when i bought it. I bought it in a department store in Hong Kong.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

I bought this originally in London when I went there on vacation, I love this body cleanser because it's rose scented. Roses are my absolute favorite and I like to try out a lot of rose scented products and I must say that this smells so luxurious and it's so enjoyable to use. It's expensive however I do think it's worth the splurge especially if you like roses and to treat yourself to luxurious shower gels!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

5 years ago

The price aside, this is a lovely body wash. Obviously, I bought it for the scent because that's the most special thing about this body wash. It has a wonderful, natural spicy rose fragrance that really does smell like you're bathing in a garden. That sounds so cheesy, but the thing I like about Aesop's products the most is the way they smell so incredibly fresh and natural. I get suckered in by the scents every time. This body wash is no different. It's not going to wash better than other body washes, it's not going to last longer, etc., but if you like the scent, you probably won't find anything else like it. Similar, yes, the same, no. The gel itself is pretty average looking, not too thick, not too watery. It lathers nicely, but won't give you tons of suds. It look a long time to use the big bottle, months and months, and I'd say it was worth it. It made my showers that much more luxurious. I know that since Aesop products go bad relatively quickly due to their "naturalness," I used this shower gel with reckless abandon and it did not sour before I used the whole bottle. Overall, a luxurious body wash with a luxurious price tag, but worth it to me.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I love the smell of this body cleanser. It evokes the feeling of walking into a garden full of roses, lightly wet by rain. It's a cooling gel which leaves the skin soft and cleansed. I have sensitive skin but this didn't cause any irritation. But what I love most is the scent - it's very subtle. It find the smell most potent while rubbing it into my skin, though it can't really be smelt on your body once you step out of the shower (which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing). I've been using it regularly since December (so it's been about 3 months), and haven't noticed a change in texture (i.e. clumping) or smell - yet. Then again, I store it out of sunlight. Will continue to buy, because it makes my morning that little bit more luxurious.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

7 years ago

This is surprisingly good in removing odours and washing away oils. I literally use this from head to toe and it's amazing.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0
from

13 years ago

The cleanser started out to smell really nice. A natural aroma of rose that is light, refreshing, and not too overpowering. It foams alright, quite nice actually if you use a sponge. Although it doesn't leave my skin silky soft, but it won't dry it out either, my skin is just "clean" after this. Sounds nice, right? But the one thing that destroys the product is paradoxically the best part of Aesop products-the lack of preservatives. After the product stood on my bathroom shelf for about a month, the once heavenly smell turned soar. And the cleanser came out in clumps rather than the watery gel when I first used it. What a pity. This is the only reason that I won't buy this product again. But if you are someone who can finish a bottle of cleanser within a month and doesn't care about the steep price tag(around $20), go ahead and give it a try.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination

3.0

14 years ago

I like rose scent so i like to try out stuff that smell of roses...tried this & after awhile my skin started flaking...like it was very dry...then i stopped using this & discovered this was causing my skin to dry...wont repurchase.

About reviewer (503 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

Very beautiful, very natural and very gentle. Real true frangce that ever so soft on your skin and always leaves my skin clean, polished and soft. i always every other day exfoliate damp skin, hen with a loofah and the cleanser take the shower on cold over my skin on my body, so i exfoliate, cleanse and tone all in one. Always makes me feel really nice in the morning.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinDry