Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Sunrise Sunset

4.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

One of the best names I've ever seen for a polish. Sunrise, Sunset (Sally Hansen) is a lovely coral base with green shimmer that surprisingly really does call forth what a sunrise and a sunset would be if they were mashed up together. What an absolutely awesome combination; in fact, it kinda looks like a duochrome when the light works it right.

The formula is good as befits a shimmer and applied with no issues though it took three coats for the above. It's from their Diamond Strength "no chip" line but I can tell you right now, the no chip thing isn't quite legit. Sunrise, Sunset makes a pretty orangey coral though and application was great, so it's not a bad buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is probably my new favorite nail polish! I think most of the polishes I own make my hands look green in comparison to the color. This looks oddly natural. It isn't a shocking color, instead it's muted down by the gold/green shimmer.

I own mostly corals, oranges, reds and this is definitely the best. A must have if you have olive or yellow skin tones!

on 6/27/2010 11:49:00 AM

Unique color - coral/salmon/orange shimmer with a gold and very slight green flash. This description may make it seem like a garish shade, but it isn't at all. It's very flattering, especially for those with warmer complexions. Application is smooth and easy. Two coats is fine but you really need 3 coats for opaque coverage, which is my only minor gripe with this polish. I'm very hard on my nails and I am amazed at how long this polish lasts with no chips, peeling, crazing or shrinkage. One of the longest wearing polishes I've ever used!

on 6/11/2010 9:41:00 AM

This is a very lovely color, shimmery coral with a hint of green in certain lights. I do prefer brighter colors for my toes (I only wear polish on my toenails) but this is very nice. I doubt I would buy again as there are so many pretty colors to try, but this is very nice. As with all of the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength range, this does last very well and I have only had one chip in the two weeks that I have been wearing this. Would recommend! continued >>

Such a lovely summer color! I grabbed it at CVS for 75% off, and what a great find!
Bright coral with shimmery golden green interference. You could get away with 2 coats, even 1 if you like it sheer but 3 coats looks simply beautiful. Lasts long, doesn't chip or stain.

on 1/21/2010 3:29:00 AM

I like this color a lot especially in summer! It reminds me of tropic and looks so pretty with shimmer. The quality is great, it does not chip and last long. You can even apply just one coat for natural looking.

The perfect color for summer!!! Great after just 2 coats, but I used 3 for good measure. Fun, fun color!!

This is my favorite nail polish. It's inexpensive, fairly good quality, and most of all, I love the color. It's a gorgeous orangey coral. Definitely more of a warm-weather color, but now that spring is here I'm breaking it out again. It's sparkly, sheer and bright. Perfect for my short (bitten) nails.

on 6/28/2008 5:25:00 PM

This is almost identical to OPI's Bright Lights Big Color. A warm coral with greenish-gold shimmer that looks great on toes. I've been pleased with the Diamond Strength line in general, the polish always lasts long and isn't streaky.
Under $4 at Target. continued >>

This is the best nail polish I have ever used. Lasts forever and doesn't go on streaky. Wonderful color. Sunrise, Sunset is a frosty orange that looks beautiful with 1, 2 or 3 coats.

Popular Polishes